deputy shoots suspect 12 times - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

deputy shoots suspect 12 times

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 15 2021 - 12:37 PM

380s to the head under extreme adrenaline rush easier said than done. Then you miss with your first three and you have 4 left. Better to carry the 9 mil with the 10 round (in NY) and execute full mag dump center mass. This cop waited too long. As soon as that stick was raised it should have been on.

A few courses do offer that type of training for those pocket carry pistols. A well placed shot can stop a threat. Also, if you carry. Practice with the ammunition you carry and have a spare magazine.
  • dabassman likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 baronsydney

baronsydney

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 103 posts

Posted February 15 2021 - 07:47 PM

Was the zombie wearing body armor?

#23 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 16 2021 - 05:41 AM

If he was , his family would sue the company for millions!

#24 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• 308 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 16 2021 - 01:30 PM

I really think that guy was so far off the reservation that he didn't feel or notice any pain and didn't even realize he was being shot.   Kind of crazy.  You have to wonder what the story with him was.  Maybe he was just stoned, who knows.

#25 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 16 2021 - 01:36 PM

I really think that guy was so far off the reservation that he didn't feel or notice any pain and didn't even realize he was being shot.   Kind of crazy.  You have to wonder what the story with him was.  Maybe he was just stoned, who knows.

I am sure someone from the gun community will report in detail what type of ammunition was used with the Autopsy report. I believe it’s the last round that struck The CNS which dropped him.

#26 willgrah

willgrah

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1260 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 05:58 PM

I saw the original video without the super closeup zoom, I saw a different picture/story.

That wooden piece of branch, come on.

Maybe I'm wrong, and you sure have the right for your opinion. Paper Spray? Taser Gun? baton?  kick, punch, something? 

12 shots (excellent marksmanship btw) is your last resort in this type of scenario.

We are not in this world anymore!   Once upon a time you only deployed pepper spray, taser or other non-lethal after your fighting skills let you down.  Video and the public do not like to see people being punched, kicked etc.  That ship has sailed.  All LE has now is weapons, first one, it fails then the other.  Once you deploy the taser and it fails you grab your gun, you cannot fight with a gun in your hand.  Its what has evolved.  I remember, once upon a time, that a good kick to the nuts or a few right hands, god forbid a good coca-bola could have kept that man alive.  Society got what it wants.  

#27 willgrah

willgrah

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 1260 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 06:06 PM

I think he is calling into question if it was 100% required for the deputy to directly engage with this person.   Clearly this guy was in another reality.  The question is, should we shoot all deranged people that don't understand instructions and clearly are out of touch with reality?

Perhaps we can view it as a mercy killing, rather than lock the guy up in a padded cell for the rest of his life. 

Would I call this an "unjustified" shooting?  No, the guy was clearly dangerous and not following directions, but there has to be a better way to deal with the mentally ill that aren't outright violent criminals.  I think a better question is why was this guy wandering around on the streets?  Was he perfectly normal the day before?  How did he make it through life to this point?

Look at this with an investigator eyes, cars spread out all over the area, this was not a brief interaction, it was roving and moving.  Taser was deployed.   Rural area, Deputy was alone.  Sometimes you have to do your job, that is keep dangerous people from the public.  It's never pretty.  For a period of time there was the label "suicide by cop".  For some reason it does not come up that often.  Once you are at the point where you have to turn your gun on a perp and he keeps coming it is fairly obvious he has no respect for human life even if it is only his.  

• Gary_Hungerford and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#28 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 960 posts

Posted February 16 2021 - 07:39 PM

When I first started hunting and seeing a deer run over 100 yards with a direct hit with a big ass rifle round. I learned pretty quickly that firearms are not necessarily the fight stoppers we think they are.

In addition, after practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I find it amazing how some people will not submit or tap out no matter how much force you apply  on them. They rather black out or break their arm.....and that was only a friendly sparing session

stay safe people 

• 2edgesword and pequa1 like this

#29 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4992 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted February 17 2021 - 08:22 AM

I do hope that we eventually find out whether the guy had a vest, etc.   As for deer, I hit a yearling with a 12gauge hollow point sabot slug at 30 yards middle of the body.  Fur flew, it wheeled, and then did me the favor of running 100 yards to within 30 feet of where my truck was parked.  Most drop within ten feet or less.   But this guy...  (the human, that is)

• Ancap likes this

#30 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 17 2021 - 08:47 AM

When I first started hunting and seeing a deer run over 100 yards with a direct hit with a big ass rifle round. I learned pretty quickly that firearms are not necessarily the fight stoppers we think they are.

In addition, after practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I find it amazing how some people will not submit or tap out no matter how much force you apply  on them. They rather black out or break their arm.....and that was only a friendly sparing session

stay safe people

I have harvested a deer that was grazing perfect broadside shot arrow went completely through. The deer kept eating like nothing happened. I knocked another arrow. It fell down before I was about to take a second shot. I usually take head or neck shots on deer with a firearm. No tracking necessary with those type of shots!
  • Ancap likes this

#31 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 960 posts

Posted February 17 2021 - 10:24 AM

There are almost 2,000 videos on YouTubes Active Self Protection channel. It seems like almost everyone is immune (initially) to handguns

good stuff to study if you’re looking to defend yourself 

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 17 2021 - 12:33 PM

There are almost 2,000 videos on YouTubes Active Self Protection channel. It seems like almost everyone is immune (initially) to handguns

good stuff to study if you’re looking to defend yourself

The information is not accurate in most of his videos. He is a cop buff without any real world experience and will put out a video and use it as clickbait.

#33 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 960 posts

Posted February 17 2021 - 01:49 PM

The information is not accurate in most of his videos. He is a cop buff without any real world experience and will put out a video and use it as clickbait.

I don’t agree with him on a self defense level, I should have made myself more clear that there is much to be learned from the footage themselves 

#34 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 235 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted February 17 2021 - 04:25 PM

Wow! that was some scary poop. After seeing the video I can't imagine anyone with a brain not agreeing it was a good shoot. What is the cop's obligation if not to return to his/her family after his/her shift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users