deputy shoots suspect 12 times - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

deputy shoots suspect 12 times

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 baronsydney

baronsydney

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 103 posts

Posted February 13 2021 - 04:52 PM

First 8 rounds didn't seem to even phase him. VIDEO: Crazed Man Attacking Deputy Soaks Up 12 Rounds Before He's Stopped - The Truth About Guns

• ProGodProGunProLife likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 13 2021 - 07:04 PM

It was a good shoot, The 21 foot distance drill Pelvic Girdle or head shot. Proper shot placement will stop a threat !
  • loadingdockman likes this

#3 Lamont

Lamont

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1437 posts

Posted February 13 2021 - 07:32 PM

ZOMBIE!

#4 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 405 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 13 2021 - 11:09 PM

This thing looks like the walking dead.

#5 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 4067 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted February 14 2021 - 06:24 AM

The commentary was the best...."That's what his ass get.  That's the shit I like to see."

4xzoh3.jpg

#6 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 183 posts

Posted February 14 2021 - 11:26 AM

The fact that numerous, point blank, shots to the chest failed to stop the guy is alarming. That's the response you "might" expect to see if the perp was wearing body armor. This incident should come under some serious scrutiny by the law enforcement community. Something is amiss here.

#7 Simong

Simong

Banned

• Banned
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 14 2021 - 12:54 PM

Where is BLM? why do we see no riots? where is CNN and the other fake news media?

Now, what I clearly see here is obviously an EDP. I think the deputy could and should handle it differently.

I don't even want to talk about the lowlife who film it, and instigate it behind the camera. 

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 14 2021 - 01:42 PM

Where is BLM? why do we see no riots? where is CNN and the other fake news media?

Now, what I clearly see here is obviously an EDP. I think the deputy could and should handle it differently.

I don't even want to talk about the lowlife who film it, and instigate it behind the camera.

Deputy tried to de-escalate the situation. It was a good shoot, The Deputy took a severe hit to his left hand and stayed in the fight.
The motorist was not instigating. He may have used inappropriate language, however, he was not egging them on as his windows are closed and he’s inside the vehicle.

#9 Simong

Simong

Banned

• Banned
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 14 2021 - 02:16 PM

I saw the original video without the super closeup zoom, I saw a different picture/story.

That wooden piece of branch, come on.

Maybe I'm wrong, and you sure have the right for your opinion. Paper Spray? Taser Gun? baton?  kick, punch, something? 

12 shots (excellent marksmanship btw) is your last resort in this type of scenario.

#10 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7069 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 14 2021 - 02:30 PM

I saw the original video without the super closeup zoom, I saw a different picture/story.

Maybe I'm wrong, and you sure have the right for your opinion. Paper Spray? Taser Gun? baton? kick, punch, something?

12 shots (excellent marksmanship btw) is your last resort in this type of scenario.

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever read here. The deputy tried to deploy his taser and it failed.

But, do you really think a taser would have worked where 8 bullets failed?

Also, a violent EDP is MORE dangerous than a non EDP.

You should really develop more common sense and knowledge of guns if you want to be around them. In your current state, you are a menace.

If you were in the deputy's shoes, the thug probably would have disarmed and killed you and then killed a bunch of other innocent people with the gun you handed him.
  • pequa1, baronsydney and Yanke1624 like this

#11 baronsydney

baronsydney

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 103 posts

Posted February 14 2021 - 02:56 PM

People who have never dealt with an edp will never understand what law enforcement has to deal with.
  • willgrah and ProGodProGunProLife like this

#12 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 14 2021 - 03:47 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, and you sure have the right for your opinion. Paper Spray? Taser Gun? baton? kick, punch, something?

You need to learn Article 35, you also claim the man who was recording this unfold was instigating it.
Are you a trained Law Enforcement Officer to make these comments?
I can tell you from many years of In-Service Training I personally know officers who had to use DPF in similar situations.
  • pequa1 likes this

#13 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• 308 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 14 2021 - 04:46 PM

This is one of the stupidest comments I have ever read here. The deputy tried to deploy his taser and it failed.

But, do you really think a taser would have worked where 8 bullets failed?

Also, a violent EDP is MORE dangerous than a non EDP.

You should really develop more common sense and knowledge of guns if you want to be around them. In your current state, you are a menace.

If you were in the deputy's shoes, the thug probably would have disarmed and killed you and then killed a bunch of other innocent people with the gun you handed him.

I think he is calling into question if it was 100% required for the deputy to directly engage with this person.   Clearly this guy was in another reality.  The question is, should we shoot all deranged people that don't understand instructions and clearly are out of touch with reality?

Perhaps we can view it as a mercy killing, rather than lock the guy up in a padded cell for the rest of his life. 

Would I call this an "unjustified" shooting?  No, the guy was clearly dangerous and not following directions, but there has to be a better way to deal with the mentally ill that aren't outright violent criminals.  I think a better question is why was this guy wandering around on the streets?  Was he perfectly normal the day before?  How did he make it through life to this point?

#14 Simong

Simong

Banned

• Banned
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 14 2021 - 05:19 PM

I think he is calling into question if it was 100% required for the deputy to directly engage with this person.   Clearly this guy was in another reality.  The question is, should we shoot all deranged people that don't understand instructions and clearly are out of touch with reality?

You are very close to my line of thinking & putting it better on post much better than me. 

Boosti you can't receive any PM's? 

ProGod Progun Prolife, not cool to personally attack me & ONLY delete my reply to your personal attack.

Just to be clear here Blue Lives is more than matter to me.  "ALL LIVE MATTER"

Be safe be smart stay alive.

Simong.

#15 SYTY

SYTY

Gun Guru

• 560 posts

Posted February 14 2021 - 05:56 PM

He was lucky he was allowed more than a 10rnd mag. A 10rnd limit in ny might get you killed 10 rnds is definitely not enough, lib laws suck. I HATE n.y. i need to move to america. 

#16 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3271 posts

Posted February 14 2021 - 06:46 PM

When in doubt, empty the magazine.

• Lou G likes this

#17 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7069 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 14 2021 - 09:48 PM

I think he is calling into question if it was 100% required for the deputy to directly engage with this person. Clearly this guy was in another reality. The question is, should we shoot all deranged people that don't understand instructions and clearly are out of touch with reality?

Perhaps we can view it as a mercy killing, rather than lock the guy up in a padded cell for the rest of his life.

Would I call this an "unjustified" shooting? No, the guy was clearly dangerous and not following directions, but there has to be a better way to deal with the mentally ill that aren't outright violent criminals. I think a better question is why was this guy wandering around on the streets? Was he perfectly normal the day before? How did he make it through life to this point?

The dead man had rammed his vehicle into other cars and was attacking others with the piece of wood. If the deputy didn't engage him he would have been fired for dereliction of duty.

Their is no magical way to subdue violent crazy people. Social workers and mental health professionsals call the police to deal with them.
  • pequa1 likes this

#18 notphilivey

notphilivey

Respected Gunowner

• 119 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted February 15 2021 - 07:20 AM

This is the best advertisement why I wouldn't pack anything smaller than a 9 mil for a self defense round. Can you imagine if the cop had a 380? 

#19 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11364 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 15 2021 - 10:11 AM

This is the best advertisement why I wouldn't pack anything smaller than a 9 mil for a self defense round. Can you imagine if the cop had a 380?

A dozen rounds of service ammunition expended with all rounds hitting center mass. You keep shooting to stop the threat. The video was a good training tool. Keep a safe distance. Hit the Pelvic Girdle, many agencies have gone back to 9mm because of newer types of ammunition that is just as effective as the .40 and .45 caliber ammo.
A training course I’ve attended highly recommend you shoot 3 shots to the head with a .380 caliber pistol and suggested to use a caliber with a 4 on it. The 9mm 115 grain +P+ is also highly recommended.
  • loadingdockman likes this

#20 notphilivey

notphilivey

Respected Gunowner

• 119 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted February 15 2021 - 10:31 AM

380s to the head under extreme adrenaline rush easier said than done. Then you miss with your first three and you have 4 left. Better to carry the 9 mil with the 10 round (in NY) and execute full mag dump center mass. This cop waited too long. As soon as that stick was raised it should have been on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users