WTB Reloading Press - Reloading - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

WTB Reloading Press

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 12 2021 - 02:44 PM

Looking for a progressive press.  I have primers, but no press yet.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted February 14 2021 - 08:38 PM

Complete with dies

https://www.bullseye...reloading-press

• KPvette likes this

#3 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• 490 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 15 2021 - 09:03 AM

Thank you

#4 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6386 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 15 2021 - 10:25 AM

You're never going to go wrong, with a Dillon.

Gary

• willgrah likes this

#5 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 16 2021 - 01:37 PM

I also recommend a Dillon, but if you are going to be loading pistol, get at least the 750 with a casefeeder.  It's almost as fast as the 1050/1100, just with fewer stations and no built in swager, but it does come with a lifetime warranty and the 1050/1100 do not.  That being said the price difference isn't as big as it initially looks as the 1050/1100 come with a case feeder but for the 750 you need to purchase that separately.

#6 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• 490 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted February 17 2021 - 10:04 AM

I was looking at the Dillon 550C.  They are currently backordered about 3 weeks, the xl750 is 20+ weeks out.  This whole shortage thing has affected the entire industry.  If I even got the 550C in 3 weeks the dies are 24 weeks out.  Go figure.  I was considering the Lee 1000 but have read they are quirky and need a lot of tweaking the get them to run smoothly.  So that leaves me with RCBS and Hornaday and they wont answer how long everything will be backordered.

The used press above looks like a great deal except the way the seller wants to get paid.  To me it seams sketchy.  Already been burned on Zelle and it looks like it was sold.  

#7 packetloss

packetloss

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted February 18 2021 - 08:15 AM

I was looking at the Dillon 550C.  They are currently backordered about 3 weeks, the xl750 is 20+ weeks out.  This whole shortage thing has affected the entire industry.  If I even got the 550C in 3 weeks the dies are 24 weeks out.  Go figure.  I was considering the Lee 1000 but have read they are quirky and need a lot of tweaking the get them to run smoothly.  So that leaves me with RCBS and Hornaday and they wont answer how long everything will be backordered.

The used press above looks like a great deal except the way the seller wants to get paid.  To me it seams sketchy.  Already been burned on Zelle and it looks like it was sold.  

Scheels seems to get stock of Dillon presses periodically.  I would keep checking there.   Also, last I had been to Hunter sports, I believe they had some Dillon dies.  If you are loading pistol rounds, I wouldn't compromise on the 550C over the 750.  The auto indexing is huge in both time and safety.  For one you can't possibly double charge a case unless you physically take a case out and move it back a station.

• KPvette likes this

#8 KPvette

KPvette

Sharp Shooter!

• 490 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted March 26 2021 - 01:40 PM

Wound up finding a Hornady lock n load AP with dies.  Thank you for everyone's help.

• grifhunter likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users