Renew pistol license - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Renew pistol license

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jakef150

Jakef150

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 309 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 02 2021 - 04:47 PM

Renew license pistol.

after mail to police Dept, I’m Curious how long did it take em to mail u or let u know to come in and pick new card license ?

thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 notphilivey

notphilivey

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 121 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted February 02 2021 - 07:04 PM

NCPD is moving at a snails's pace. As long as you get renewed before expiration count your lucky stars.

#3 MRR

MRR

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • 483 posts

Posted February 02 2021 - 08:24 PM

Hence the reason I like to renew in person. Renewed a few weeks ago. I like to have it in my hand and not risk not getting it in the mail. Had to stand in line outside though an they only took one at the time.  When I went took about an hour to get in and fortunately the temps were in the low 50's

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#4 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7961 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted February 02 2021 - 09:24 PM

Hence the reason I like to renew in person. Renewed a few weeks ago. I like to have it in my hand and not risk not getting it in the mail. Had to stand in line outside though an they only took one at the time.  When I went took about an hour to get in and fortunately the temps were in the low 50's

This^.  I stood on Franklin Ave in the rain last fall for an hour in 44 degree temps.   Once inside, it goes fast enough.

#5 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 5012 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted February 03 2021 - 10:42 AM

Emailed SWMBO's photo and messaged NCPLB our credit card and other info.   If it comes after her birth month so be it.   Not worth us old people standing on line these days, although her second vax is scheduled today and mine toward the end of the month.   she can shoot the Henry if we go before she gets her renewed license.   I gave up standing on lines as much as possible when I retired.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#6 Jakef150

Jakef150

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 309 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 16 2021 - 02:46 PM

Kind of regret not going in person.

So far I haven’t receiving mail from Suffolk over a month...I’m a bit concerning right now. My lic expired March 1.

I called Suffolk and they said just wait for mail. 

What if it’s passing March 1 ? Going in person Suffolk lic pistol Dept ?

thanks

#7 Don1961

Don1961

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 16 2021 - 04:40 PM

I dropped my renewal off in person at Yaphank on 1/19. Haven’t heard anything yet. But I’m sure it’ll be soon. It usually take a month.

#8 Don1961

Don1961

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 16 2021 - 04:45 PM

Kind of regret not going in person.

So far I haven’t receiving mail from Suffolk over a month...I’m a bit concerning right now. My lic expired March 1.

I called Suffolk and they said just wait for mail.

What if it’s passing March 1 ? Going in person Suffolk lic pistol Dept ?

thanks

Did you receive the receipt stating you’re covered until you get the new one ? They give it to you when you drop off the renewal or mail it to you if you mail it in with a self addressed stamped envelope.

#9 Jakef150

Jakef150

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 309 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted February 16 2021 - 06:21 PM

I didn’t receiving anything ...I mailed it. .argh. I do not remember they asked for self addressed stamped envelope frig!

in future I will drop it off in person....

I just checked my bank acct, they cash it my check on Jan 29. I guess that’s good then?

#10 Don1961

Don1961

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 23 2021 - 02:47 PM

I dropped my renewal off in person at Yaphank on 1/19. Haven’t heard anything yet. But I’m sure it’ll be soon. It usually take a month.

Received my renewal today , so it was a just over a month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users