Court Orders Attorney General James’ Lawsuit Against NRA to Continue in Manhattan Court - NY Specific Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Court Orders Attorney General James’ Lawsuit Against NRA to Continue in Manhattan Court

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gunpoliticsny

gunpoliticsny

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 270 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley

Posted January 21 2021 - 06:57 PM

Court Orders Attorney General James’ Lawsuit Against NRA to Continue in Manhattan Court.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6344 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted January 22 2021 - 07:58 AM

No surprise, there. Also, I expect the NYC court to find the NRA "guilty," as respects any and all accusations levied by the NY AG, no matter how ridiculous. It's a preset verdict, in a biased venue. Why would anyone wonder why this was the chosen court, in which to bring the action? This will wind up in appeals court, if not SCOTUS. It's sole purpose is political grandstanding, using taxpayer money, while costing NRA money to fight it. Hopefully, as has happened, with some of the other baseless suits, against the organization, NRA will be able to recover court costs.

Gary

Fixed a typo.

Edited by Gary_Hungerford, January 22 2021 - 08:01 AM.

• Mr. Shotgun, baxtersmith, ProGodProGunProLife and 2 others like this

#3 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6344 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted January 22 2021 - 08:36 AM

This lawsuit issue brought to mind an old quote of Ronald Reagan, when he was President and being interviewed, by Sam Donaldson (ABC News), during his first Presidential press conference. Sam Donaldson asked President Reagan about the Soviet, ultra Left’s long-term intentions. President Reagan’s response was:
    “The only morality they recognize is what will further their cause, meaning they reserve, unto themselves, the right to commit any crime, to lie, to cheat, in order to attain that. I think, when you do business, with them, you keep that in mind.”

I italicized the words "unto themselves" but the words are his.

Gary

• grifhunter, Mr. Shotgun, baxtersmith and 3 others like this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25991 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted January 22 2021 - 09:18 AM

No surprise, there. Also, I expect the NYC court to find the NRA "guilty," as respects any and all accusations levied by the NY AG, no matter how ridiculous. It's a preset verdict, in a biased venue. Why would anyone wonder why this was the chosen court, in which to bring the action? This will wind up in appeals court, if not SCOTUS. It's sole purpose is political grandstanding, using taxpayer money, while costing NRA money to fight it. Hopefully, as has happened, with some of the other baseless suits, against the organization, NRA will be able to recover court costs.

Gary

Fixed a typo.

You are correct. This will be a Soviet styled "show trial" with a predetermined outcome.

#5 notphilivey

notphilivey

Respected Gunowner

• 119 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted January 23 2021 - 07:35 AM

No surprises here.

#6 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6432 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 23 2021 - 04:26 PM

If, and when, America has a 2nd hot civil war, I expect that the patriots will "block" all the bridges to Manhattan. Of course, this is illegal, and I am in no way advocating such action.

When the Chinese virus hit, a relative of mine had an idea (though obviously illegal and meant as a joke ), he said that the bridges to Manhattan should be blown up.

Edited by iGreg, January 23 2021 - 04:32 PM.

#7 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 960 posts

Posted January 25 2021 - 09:07 AM

Hard to defend the NRA when the same corrupt people are still running it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users