Do you think its viable to break up political parties - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Do you think its viable to break up political parties

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 15 2021 - 11:20 PM

As far as I know the democratic and republican parties hold the legal entity status of a 527 organization: they are not government actors. My question is would it be possible to start an antitrust suit against both parties requiring them to dismantle to form small competitive parties. If that was possible that just might fix a boat load of political problems. But I have no idea if it is legally viable.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 25991 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted January 16 2021 - 07:12 AM

If it could be done what judge of either party would sign off on it?

#3 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• 2908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 16 2021 - 03:54 PM

If it could be done what judge of either party would sign off on it?

That is just another argument to break it up. A political party is not a part of the US government it is a legal tax entity that is subject to laws regulating taxable entities, specific entities with control over commerce. The question isn't whether or not it will be succesful through our overly corrupt and sadistic judicial branch. The question is from a legal perspective is the argument valid. Or is there some law on the book's that will protect a 527 entity from laws that apply to everyone else?

#4 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 960 posts

Posted January 16 2021 - 05:21 PM

Interesting concept

#5 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6432 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 16 2021 - 08:14 PM

A politically party is not a business with any substantial infrastructure. It is people.

#6 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25991 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted January 16 2021 - 10:01 PM

A politically party is not a business with any substantial infrastructure. It is people.

Corrupt people.

#7 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6432 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted January 17 2021 - 04:25 AM

Corrupt people.

Indeed. As John Adams said:

... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other...

The whole message from Adams is worth reading:

https://founders.arc...s/99-02-02-3102

#8 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• 2908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 17 2021 - 04:43 AM

No it is a 527 based organization: subject to all the laws of any other irs defined entity. And I think it can be argued quite easily that the current parties have a extraordinary power over commerce. Political parties are NOT government institutions. The constitution makes absolutely no mention of political parties.

#9 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7333 posts

Posted January 17 2021 - 11:22 AM

What are the parties? They ultimately are a coalition of sub-groups that have some amount of diversity but a similar overall platform. The primary process is where these various coalitions battle it out to decide which candidate and mix of policies is going to challenge the other party for a political office. I don’t thinking formally breaking up the parties is going to accomplish anything productive but open to hear from others how the think it would help.

#10 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• 2908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 17 2021 - 09:49 PM

What are the parties? They ultimately are a coalition of sub-groups that have some amount of diversity but a similar overall platform. The primary process is where these various coalitions battle it out to decide which candidate and mix of policies is going to challenge the other party for a political office. I don’t thinking formally breaking up the parties is going to accomplish anything productive but open to hear from others how the think it would help.

The Sherman Act outlaws "every contract, combination, or conspiracy in restraint of trade," and any "monopolization, attempted monopolization, or conspiracy or combination to monopolize."

#11 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Marksman

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 19 2021 - 09:28 AM

We have plenty of parties. I think we just need to start seriously considering "throwing our votes away" more until the smaller parties become actual contenders. Splitting up the current big parties is never going to happen.

#12 do0zer

do0zer

Gun Guru

• 2908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 19 2021 - 09:37 AM

We have plenty of parties. I think we just need to start seriously considering "throwing our votes away" more until the smaller parties become actual contenders. Splitting up the current big parties is never going to happen.

Government will remain broke until we do.

Great effort was made to prevent concentration of power in government: and for the most part it has been quite effective.

Now we have this concentration of power by proxy through political parties.

History has shown time and time again that a concentration of power in government turns out real bad for everyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users