NYSRPA v. Corlett - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

NYSRPA v. Corlett

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stalker42

stalker42

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1330 posts
  • LocationNorth Babylon, NY

Posted December 23 2020 - 01:25 PM

They wasted no time in going right to the point for open carry laws. The petitioners, Robert Nash and Brandon Koch, specifically point to the division in the appellate court regarding the right to possess firearms outside the home. I'm hopeful that this new Supreme Court will not only take this case, but decide it fully and satisfactorily. The full petition is located here: https://d3uwh8jpzww4...ition-final.pdf The NRA article is located here: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20201217/nra-takes-carry-case-to-scotus
  • grifhunter and ub3rgeek like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 ub3rgeek

ub3rgeek

Respected Gunowner

• 118 posts
  • LocationNassau County, NY

Posted December 23 2020 - 06:43 PM

They wasted no time in going right to the point for open carry laws. The petitioners, Robert Nash and Brandon Koch, specifically point to the division in the appellate court regarding the right to possess firearms outside the home. I'm hopeful that this new Supreme Court will not only take this case, but decide it fully and satisfactorily.

The full petition is located here:
https://d3uwh8jpzww4...ition-final.pdf

The NRA article is located here:
https://www.nraila.o...-case-to-scotus

Long over due..

#3 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 742 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted December 24 2020 - 02:02 AM

Good read. I think they should have put these restrictions in context. The origins of gun control was racism. Also, by showing ‘special’ needs effectively means the rich and famous, which further leans against the poor. High fees for gun licenses are also economic barriers placed in the way of a Constitutional right against the poor.
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 24 2020 - 07:49 AM

The chances are better now for a 2A case to make it to the SCOTUS. The rumor is the case out of Hawaii will be heard regarding open carry outside the home. That would prevent restrictive states like New York and New Jersey from allowing you to open carry outside the home.
  • Mr. Shotgun and NRATC53 like this

#5 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2155 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted December 24 2020 - 12:07 PM

The chances are better now for a 2A case to make it to the SCOTUS. The rumor is the case out of Hawaii will be heard regarding open carry outside the home. That would prevent restrictive states like New York and New Jersey from allowing you to open carry outside the home.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we were granted the right to open carry in NY/NJ - although I would probably never do it.

• TheLevelOne likes this

#6 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11310 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 24 2020 - 12:14 PM

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we were granted the right to open carry in NY/NJ - although I would probably never do it.

New York has menacing in the CPL, that is the part of the law that can cause serious problems. A victim/complainant could have you arrested because you placed them in fear by the sight of you with a firearm.
I am not a fan of open carry. I see it in Pennsylvania, some of those people who open carry are not the perfect example by their appearance and attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users