This is why I don't patronize a certain dealer in Massapequa - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

This is why I don't patronize a certain dealer in Massapequa

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted December 17 2020 - 05:56 PM

https://www.gunbroke.../item/887318511

This is maybe a $1K gun MAYBE pre COVID

But instead of making it available to his customers, he goes off the reservation completely.

• TheKnot likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 gunpoliticsny

gunpoliticsny

Sharp Shooter!

• 303 posts
  • LocationHudson Valley

Posted December 17 2020 - 06:12 PM

I'm a big fan of capitalism and God bless him if he gets his asking price.

Nobody in their right mind is paying a minimum of 2x going retail price for that gun.

• Tom Mac likes this

#3 depiazzy

depiazzy

Respected Gunowner

• 136 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted December 17 2020 - 06:56 PM

I can’t tell if this is the store I usually shop on sunrise or the near all American burger. Not trying to drop names here

#4 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2563 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted December 17 2020 - 07:13 PM

This store is in business to make money. While I dont support what they are doing by putting it up on GB. It is , after all, a capitalist society. Best to not shop there if you’re not a fan of their business practices.
  • Tom Mac and only7rounds2 like this

#5 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted December 17 2020 - 08:11 PM

I can’t tell if this is the store I usually shop on sunrise or the near all American burger. Not trying to drop names here

AFAIK there is only one store with a Massapequa address. I could be wrong.

#6 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted December 17 2020 - 08:15 PM

I'm a big fan of capitalism and God bless him if he gets his asking price.

Nobody in their right mind is paying a minimum of 2x going retail price for that gun.

He has a right to ask any price he wants.

But if I have to buy it off GB then I have no need for a LGS, just someone like Volko to transfer it.

His BIN price is absurd. And we local customers don't have any reason to walk into the store if his inventory is up for auction.

Truth be told I never liked that store anyway. The owner is always too busy shooting the breeze about full auto weapons (that none of us can own) to pay any attention to customers.

And there WAS an employee who was downright nasty.

#7 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2563 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted December 17 2020 - 08:25 PM

He has a right to ask any price he wants.
But if I have to buy it off GB then I have no need for a LGS, just someone like Volko to transfer it.
His BIN price is absurd. And we local customers don't have any reason to walk into the store if his inventory is up for auction.

Truth be told I never liked that store anyway. The owner is always too busy shooting the breeze about full auto weapons (that none of us can own) to pay any attention to customers.

And there WAS an employee who was downright nasty.

I get it. My nephew had a problem there last year. Wont get into specifics, but the level of dismissive rudeness was ridiculous.
He is a calm guy, works in law enforcement, and he too, will never walk the door of that shop again.

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11411 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 17 2020 - 09:35 PM

https://www.gunbroke.../item/887318511

This is maybe a $1K gun MAYBE pre COVID
But instead of making it available to his customers, he goes off the reservation completely.

You know this is a Forum Sponsor. I seen him buy used guns before. At his original location, an NYPD detective needed cash, he had two nice condition series 70 1911 pistols for $300 both Nickel, .38 Super the other a Nickel .45 ACP. The Obama years made gun shop owners money. With the current Biden Administration, expect prices to continue to be higher.
Many private gun owners are taking advantage of the current situation and doing exactly what this gun store owner is doing.

#9 HunterSports

HunterSports

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member
  • 42 posts

Posted December 17 2020 - 10:08 PM

I find this a so insane that someone would have the time in there life to be upset with an auction I have listed. I am not asking this price in the store it is an auction (with a price less than active auctions right now please see if you don’t believe.) Yes the buy now price is insane but it’s only there if someone wants to pay the price. While we always attempt to keep prices below market in the store. is it not ok to make a profit (and by the way do you have any idea what I paid for this no I forgot you don’t own a gun store just good friends with someone else that does.)

• willgrah, Krippledkrapp, loadingdockman and 2 others like this

#10 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Sharp Shooter!

• 333 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted December 17 2020 - 11:56 PM

I find this a so insane that someone would have the time in there life to be upset with an auction I have listed. I am not asking this price in the store it is an auction (with a price less than active auctions right now please see if you don’t believe.) Yes the buy now price is insane but it’s only there if someone wants to pay the price. While we always attempt to keep prices below market in the store. is it not ok to make a profit (and by the way do you have any idea what I paid for this no I forgot you don’t own a gun store just good friends with someone else that does.)

Instead of making excuses, maybe you should pay attention to what the customers say about you. When this is over you will need them.

There is another shop that someone posted something about the behavior of an employee a couple of years ago. The owner addressed that issue and they are now attentive to the customers and they are gold. Changed the entire reputation of that business.

• grifhunter, TJ Ironhorse, baxtersmith and 1 other like this

#11 TheKnot

TheKnot

Respected Gunowner

• 208 posts
  • Locationlong island

Posted December 18 2020 - 04:37 AM

Maybe customers should stop being such whiny little b******. You don't always get what you want, I'd like to see anybody who had the opportunity to make money turn it down just to be good to the next guy. OP to me is a loser on this case. Mark is an excellent guy excellent shop minus the fat guy, but how do I know it's not his brother-in-law .Shout out from KP,Merry Christmas Mark Happy New Year see you real soon

#12 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 26068 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted December 18 2020 - 06:38 AM

Under the previous owners of this site if you criticized a forum sponsor there was a good chance you would be banned. 

• General.rr likes this

#13 notphilivey

notphilivey

Respected Gunowner

• 123 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted December 18 2020 - 07:02 AM

I'm a big fan of capitalism and of free speech. That is disgusting price gauging. 

• squiggley and only7rounds2 like this

#14 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11411 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 18 2020 - 07:11 AM

I think the mods should lock it. Mark doesn’t deserve to get bashed this way. He’s just trying to make a living.
  • Dakhath and TheKnot like this

#15 citypaul1

citypaul1

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 445 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 18 2020 - 12:08 PM

Stopped going there 7 years ago

• baxtersmith likes this

#16 Dakhath

Dakhath

Respected Gunowner

• 206 posts
  • LocationWestbury

Posted December 18 2020 - 01:59 PM

We're all going to have a tough 4+ years, let's save the energy for the real fight...

• NRATC53, Yoshinkan, General.rr and 2 others like this

#17 ub3rgeek

ub3rgeek

Respected Gunowner

• 120 posts
  • LocationNassau County, NY

Posted December 18 2020 - 06:59 PM

Forget free speech and capitalism. Both are rights. Make money where you can, but don’t be surprised when no one wants to patronize your shop. If the store in question is Hunter Sports...

I walked in the store once. Was told they didn’t have time to answer questions (looking to buy a 1911) and was told to call if I wanted to know prices on AR parts.

Never have I ever heard a company say “call us for prices” when you were in the store. Same day I went to a South Shore Sports and bought the Springfield Range Officer I was looking for. Will always go there or Britt Firearms when I need something.

We are a small community, customers are not always right, but sellers can’t afford to be arrogant either...
  • TJ Ironhorse and baxtersmith like this

#18 Krippledkrapp

Krippledkrapp

Respected Gunowner

• 170 posts

Posted December 18 2020 - 07:14 PM

Been shopping at Hunter since the babylon tpke days in merrick. Never once had an issue, the owner is and always has been a gentleman to me even when I was 18 and fresh into firearms. Anyone of us would sell something for a nice profit, its a sellers market and those who have the gold set the price...
  • NRATC53, rlitman and TheKnot like this

#19 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24821 posts

Posted December 18 2020 - 07:52 PM

Have also been going to Hunter for a long time, would go tomorrow if I weren't so far. Not the only place I.ve gone to, but one of the regulars

#20 marcha1

marcha1

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted December 18 2020 - 07:57 PM

Store prices are one thing.  Auction prices are another.  i dont see a problem here...  shop at the stores you like and dont shop at the stores you dont like.  its that simple.  One persons store experience will always different from another.  If you are not happy with that store, go to another.  dont bash.  btw- ive only had rifle work done for me at hunter sports. im not a frequent customer there so i have no affiliation with them.  but i was treated fairly and the work was done quick, nice and they were friendly to me.  this was a few months ago, when only about 2-3 people were allowed in the store at a time.

• NRATC53 and rlitman like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users