Tell Suffolk sheriff to protect first amendment on thanksgiving - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Tell Suffolk sheriff to protect first amendment on thanksgiving

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 708 posts

Posted November 18 2020 - 08:42 AM

Have you guys seen this post making the rounds on social media?

it’s in the news that some New York Sheriffs will not enforce Coumo order on the ten person cap on thanksgiving, since it infringes on our right to assemble.  Various people are trying to get Suffolk county to do the same

3CBC6E2A-FF98-4CBF-8735-7C217142D0FC.jpeg

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6353 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 18 2020 - 04:20 PM

EL DUCE and his friend, the Gov. of New Jersey, meet to discuss their progress in destroying freedom in NY and NJ.

Edited by iGreg, November 18 2020 - 04:21 PM.

• baxtersmith likes this

#3 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3249 posts

Posted November 18 2020 - 06:05 PM

The most unrealistic request I've heard in a while.   PC is appointed, not elected and does as she is told. No Suffolk sheriff has ever done anything to promote the 2A including that short politician Demarco who talked about CCW but never had the balls to change his policy in his on department.

#4 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 18 2020 - 08:55 PM

Only way they can police the gathering limit is neighbor complaints. I doubt anything will come of it but you all know your neighbors better than me. Id be leery of those with their Biden/Harris signs haha fortunately i’ve only seen one, far ways down the block haha.

#5 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted November 19 2020 - 10:11 AM

The most unrealistic request I've heard in a while.   PC is appointed, not elected and does as she is told. No Suffolk sheriff has ever done anything to promote the 2A including that short politician Demarco who talked about CCW but never had the balls to change his policy in his on department.

The PC still took an oath to defend the constitution 

Demarco was the first sheriff in the northeast to join Sheriff Mack constitutional sheriff association and committed to nullifying the safe act

and it’s not unrealistic because other Law enforcement agencies in New York are doing it and Coumo is pissed!

https://nypost.com/2...OvlsUOA5HWh9xYw

#6 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 708 posts

Posted November 19 2020 - 10:15 AM

Only way they can police the gathering limit is neighbor complaints. I doubt anything will come of it but you all know your neighbors better than me. Id be leery of those with their Biden/Harris signs haha fortunately i’ve only seen one, far ways down the block haha.

Already happening. Newsday reported on such cases, including a wedding that was shut down from a jealous best friend of the bride

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 19 2020 - 06:14 PM

The Suffolk Sheriff doesn’t have Deputies responding to private residences for service calls. The Suffolk County Police, Town and Village Police respond to calls to service.
The Suffolk Sheriff is a political job, being that he is the only Sheriff in the state that is in charge of the pistol license office in a County. He can give every east end resident with a restricted Sportsman a full carry.
  • Punisher1336 likes this

#8 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3249 posts

Posted November 19 2020 - 06:24 PM

DeMarco is a politician, all he had to do was order his  pistol license section to get rid of the carry restrictions. He was elected and didn't have to justify or answer to anyone for making that change.

All he did was talk, with no action. Typical politician. He did nothing for 2A rights in Suffolk.  The new Sheriff is saying he won't enforce Cuomo's thanksgiving mandate. Sheriffs have nothing to do with that type of enforcement. This Sheriff is taking another page from the politicians playbook. His statement is completely irrelevant.

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 20 2020 - 06:28 AM

DeMarco is a politician, all he had to do was order his  pistol license section to get rid of the carry restrictions. He was elected and didn't have to justify or answer to anyone for making that change.
All he did was talk, with no action. Typical politician. He did nothing for 2A rights in Suffolk.  The new Sheriff is saying he won't enforce Cuomo's thanksgiving mandate. Sheriffs have nothing to do with that type of enforcement. This Sheriff is taking another page from the politicians playbook. His statement is completely irrelevant.

Deputy/Sheriff Demarco said he was Pro 2A and never did anything to remove restrictions or help improve the application process. A few colleagues I new on the job had family members apply for a carry license and received a Sportsman/Business. Sheriff Demarco said it was Suffolk Law that prevented him from giving full carry.
It was not true, the previous Sheriff did issue them. Suffolk Police have also issue unrestricted carry pistol license.
  • Lou G likes this

#10 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 708 posts

Posted November 20 2020 - 08:52 AM

Yeah we’re was the gunowners to stand by him when he was taking a stand for the safe act....very very few of you guys where there to support him. 

Demarco took a stand on many issues including his own party boss’s. Even had them arrested. The man had lots of enemies and where was the gun community....no where! The man took steps to fight the safe act and encouraged other LEO's to do the same, but instead of this group supporting him on this issue you guys bitched about the pistol permit process.  Maybe if you guys showed up he would had the courage to take on bigger battles then he was already fighting.  You also fail to mention that Demarco would gladly have a cup of coffee with any constituent to talk about the pistol license process.

was he perfect, he’ll no.....but he was better then 99.9% of the politicians this state has seen in a long time...you guys supported much worse politicians that actually increased infringements on your gun rights.  This is coming from someone who is critical of all politicians 

you guys failed to take advantage of a sheriff who embraced the concept of nullification and was the first one in the northeast to do so

This is the same forum that criticized me, saying I was rocking the boat when I had the media expose the b.s. going on in the pistol permit process. Whst gives?

#11 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• Topic Starter
  • 3249 posts

Posted November 20 2020 - 06:06 PM

Demarco was a hack, period.

#12 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 708 posts

Posted November 20 2020 - 08:12 PM

Demarco was a hack, period.

So was Trump with his trillions in debt, money printing spending and trampling our constitutional rights including our gun rights...yet you support him

who is the real hack in politics 

• gzblack2 and BogDrakonov like this

#13 killian

killian

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 1895 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted November 21 2020 - 10:19 AM

The Suffolk Sheriff said he will not be enforcing it.

#14 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted November 22 2020 - 07:58 AM

Do you have a link to this

#15 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 708 posts

Posted November 22 2020 - 08:53 AM

4F1FA74A-9ACD-4F02-90BC-835050FAA4D4.jpeg

thanks to everyone who made this happen..

#16 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• 3249 posts

Posted November 22 2020 - 08:44 PM

So was Trump with his trillions in debt, money printing spending and trampling our constitutional rights including our gun rights...yet you support him

who is the real hack in politics

So you always have a melt down like this when you see others dont agree with you? Thread is about suffolk sheriffs, try to follow along.

#17 Punisher1336

Punisher1336

MOLON LABE

• Topic Starter
  • 3249 posts

Posted November 22 2020 - 08:46 PM

Suffolk sheriff was never in a position to enforce this. But hey, it makes a great sound byte for future campaigns.

#18 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 708 posts

Posted November 23 2020 - 07:54 AM

So you always have a melt down like this when you see others dont agree with you? Thread is about suffolk sheriffs, try to follow along.

I dont meltdown, I just point out the b.s.

politics doesn’t ruffle my feathers

#19 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 708 posts

Posted November 23 2020 - 07:56 AM

Suffolk sheriff was never in a position to enforce this. But hey, it makes a great sound byte for future campaigns.

Ok I guess you missed out on other NY county sheriffs walking into businesses to carry out Coumo orders in the media

What have you done to advance any cause, besides voting and bitch on forums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users