Fed judge rules corona virus lockdowns are unconstitutional - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Fed judge rules corona virus lockdowns are unconstitutional

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted November 16 2020 - 07:59 AM

Folks:

I just received this, from an attorney friend.

Gary

Attached Files

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 tkovacs9520

tkovacs9520

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 118 posts

Posted November 16 2020 - 08:19 AM

Problem is on the state level they do whatever they want. Look at the crazy covid rules coumo put in place and will continue to put in place.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#3 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted November 16 2020 - 01:11 PM

Since it is not an appellate decision it is not binding on anyone.

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25768 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted November 16 2020 - 05:04 PM

Since it is not an appellate decision it is not binding on anyone.

Would it not be binding until overturned by an appellate court? If not, what would be the point of a Federal Judge rendering a decision on anything?

#5 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted November 16 2020 - 09:36 PM

Would it not be binding until overturned by an appellate court? If not, what would be the point of a Federal Judge rendering a decision on anything?

It is only binding in that district on that case. If it gets upheld on appeal it is binding on the entire circuit and sets a precedent for other circuits to possibly follow.

• rlitman likes this

#6 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 17 2020 - 01:21 AM

The cops would have to enforce anything against the citizens ultimately for anything to be an actual though right? I can’t see SCPD or NCPD getting on the bandwagon to actually enforce COVID restrictions. Perhaps on businesses but not the individual citizen. I could very be wrong. U guys think it will ever even go that far?

#7 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 711 posts

Posted November 17 2020 - 09:55 AM

The cops would have to enforce anything against the citizens ultimately for anything to be an actual though right? I can’t see SCPD or NCPD getting on the bandwagon to actually enforce COVID restrictions. Perhaps on businesses but not the individual citizen. I could very be wrong. U guys think it will ever even go that far?

Tell that to all the restaurant owners who are currently being abused by the liquor authority at the moment. (They are the ones enforcing Covid rules)

• rlitman likes this

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 17 2020 - 11:42 AM

State and local law enforcement agencies have hit NYC, Nassau and Suffolk restaurants very hard. The local police are very sympathetic to these businesses, however, they do take action if they see an employee or customer not wearing a mask or following the appropriate social distancing rules that are causing so much grief.
This is all political.

#9 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 711 posts

Posted November 17 2020 - 01:19 PM

This is the time for more LEO's to join oathkeepers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users