Can I just directly attach PPB-3 - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Can I just directly attach PPB-3

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 11 2020 - 10:36 AM

I've been browsing a few threads here about timelines and such. Can I just directly attach the PPB-3 to my questionnaire and force the 6 month period that way? Also has anyone tried sending in just the PPB-3 and arguing with an attorney when they try to demand the questionnaire as well? I do not want to share my personal medical history as it's not relevant to the pistol license, nor do I even know how to track down everything I've been prescribed over the years.

I don't understand how this hasn't fallen over as unconstitutional in a court yet and just have us submit directly to the state.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Marksman

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • 51 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted November 11 2020 - 10:38 AM

People have tried this with unsuccessful results. You have no choice but to play by their rules. We all know it sucks but, that’s how it is and some how they continue to get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 11 2020 - 10:40 AM

So it's gonna take until 2022 (by some estimates in threads here) to get a license if I apply today, and I plan to leave NY in 2 years. This is such BS. I'm making sure the next place I move is either constitutional carry or shall issue.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#4 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted November 11 2020 - 11:07 AM

So it's gonna take until 2022 (by some estimates in threads here) to get a license if I apply today, and I plan to leave NY in 2 years. This is such BS. I'm making sure the next place I move is either constitutional carry or shall issue.

Yes. We live in the land of BULLSHIT in NY.

#5 Organix

Organix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationS

Posted November 11 2020 - 11:32 AM

I've been browsing a few threads here about timelines and such. Can I just directly attach the PPB-3 to my questionnaire and force the 6 month period that way? Also has anyone tried sending in just the PPB-3 and arguing with an attorney when they try to demand the questionnaire as well? I do not want to share my personal medical history as it's not relevant to the pistol license, nor do I even know how to track down everything I've been prescribed over the years.

I don't understand how this hasn't fallen over as unconstitutional in a court yet and just have us submit directly to the state.

I had the same question, however it seems that the licensing scheme has been taken to court and was on numerous occasions found to be legal. Heck, even the US Supreme Court, just a month ago refused to hear a case out of NY that challenged the legality of the licensing laws to posses a handgun at home (Melquan v NYS). Although I do not agree with the current law, Ive reluctantly have come to accept them as the courts, even the majority Conservative Supreme Court, refuse to do anything about them. 

#6 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 11 2020 - 12:21 PM

Was that case refusal before ACB was confirmed? Her opinion on the 2A has me hopeful.

#7 Organix

Organix

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationS

Posted November 11 2020 - 01:31 PM

Was that case refusal before ACB was confirmed? Her opinion on the 2A has me hopeful.

Yes before she was confirmed, but the conservative side still held the majority, by the time the case would have been argued, Barret would have been on the bench. I wish I was wrong, but i do not believe that the court will take on any 2nd amendment cases, it is so controversial, and even though some the Judges believe in the second amendment, their reputation is probably what is most important to them.  Just imagine the court strikes down most of the laws regarding licensing and  AWB, and then some deranged individual goes on a spree ( which could happen regardless of which laws were in effect), they would be known as the Judges that enabled that.

#8 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 242 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 11 2020 - 03:51 PM

Once again it's the crazy few ruining it for the rest of us making it a bad publicity topic for most judges/politicians.  Realistically though, how many robberies, street shootings or school shootings were done by folks with proper licenses?  I mean if someone is going to break the law and rob or kill people, do they really care if their weapon is legal?

#9 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 11 2020 - 04:11 PM

Yes before she was confirmed, but the conservative side still held the majority, by the time the case would have been argued, Barret would have been on the bench. I wish I was wrong, but i do not believe that the court will take on any 2nd amendment cases, it is so controversial, and even though some the Judges believe in the second amendment, their reputation is probably what is most important to them.  Just imagine the court strikes down most of the laws regarding licensing and  AWB, and then some deranged individual goes on a spree ( which could happen regardless of which laws were in effect), they would be known as the Judges that enabled that.

The whole point of a lifetime appointment is to not have these worries. They shouldn't be ruling on what someone might do someday maybe possibly. They should be ruling based on what is constitutional. I'm hoping ACB forces them to take up these cases for that very reason. They need to restore our constitutional rights before they're eroded further.

#10 Organix

Organix

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationS

Posted November 11 2020 - 04:25 PM

Its just an observation based on recent cases. I hope I am wrong, and the court takes on a case that clearly defines the 2nd amendment once for all. BTW, they might have a a chance to do so, 2ANYS is planning to bring a case to the Supreme Court (The Libertarian Party v. Coumo) - this case specifically questions the licensing requirement and the may issue standard  in NY. So far all the courts in NYS have ruled against them, now they are looking for donations so that they can appeal the case.

#11 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 709 posts

Posted November 11 2020 - 08:34 PM

Don’t put to much faith in the Supreme Court. They have a 200 year track record of trampling the constitution. Even the founding fathers were displeased during their lifetime with scotus. Out of thousands of unconstitutional federal laws, less then 180 were declared unconstitutional. Many of them only partially stricken 

#12 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 12 2020 - 12:19 AM

Don’t put to much faith in the Supreme Court. They have a 200 year track record of trampling the constitution. Even the founding fathers were displeased during their lifetime with scotus. Out of thousands of unconstitutional federal laws, less then 180 were declared unconstitutional. Many of them only partially stricken 

I did not know that. How disappointing....

#13 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 242 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 12 2020 - 09:24 AM

I just don't see anything getting overturned or changed.   Interestingly enough, NY became a "may issue" state back in 1911.  Considering it's been challenged over the years even back before guns were branded as "evil", I don't see much chance of progress now.  It seems the 2nd amendment is optional and up for interpretation by whoever is in charge.

#14 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 709 posts

Posted November 12 2020 - 09:58 AM

26A53F5E-8F41-4902-AF99-FCD427448331.jpeg

#15 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 12 2020 - 10:10 AM

So what should we do besides move to states that haven't imposed restrictions yet?

#16 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 709 posts

Posted November 12 2020 - 11:37 AM

So what should we do besides move to states that haven't imposed restrictions yet?

There is no single solution or magic bullet

gun owners should use every tool available to them wether it’s lawsuits, civil disobedience, nullification, participating in alternative gun rights organizations, etc....

#17 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 12 2020 - 11:40 AM

Well I'm up for anything that will help as long as it's legal. I'd love to fix NY since I've lived here most of my life but failing that I will move on to greener pastures.

What organizations can we directly support right now that care about NYS?

#18 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 709 posts

Posted November 12 2020 - 11:58 AM

Well I'm up for anything that will help as long as it's legal. I'd love to fix NY since I've lived here most of my life but failing that I will move on to greener pastures.

What organizations can we directly support right now that care about NYS?

I like NY2A, S.C.O.P.E., 2AWNY,  suffolk county libertarian party did a good job helping Demarco embrace sheriff nullification, attorney Jim Ostrowski is good to follow, just to name a few

#19 BogDrakonov

BogDrakonov

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted November 13 2020 - 03:28 PM

I like NY2A, S.C.O.P.E., 2AWNY,  suffolk county libertarian party did a good job helping Demarco embrace sheriff nullification, attorney Jim Ostrowski is good to follow, just to name a few

Thanks! I'll check them out!

• Ancap likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users