Please Help Save The Range - Urgent Immediate Help Needed! - Suffolk County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Please Help Save The Range - Urgent Immediate Help Needed!

trap skeet sporting clays suffolk county range

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HunterSports

HunterSports

Advanced Member

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member
  • 41 posts

Posted November 07 2020 - 11:41 AM

Here we go again... URGENT....

There’s another Backdoor effort to CLOSE Suffolk Trap Skeet & Sporting Clays.

Resolutions #1652 and  #1801 are scheduled to be introduced to the Suffolk County Legislature’s Environment, Parks, and Agricultural Committee THIS Monday, at 10 a.m. These Resolutions will  be devastating to the future of the Range!  The language of the resolutions put the range at risk of being CLOSED.

In person public comments will not be permitted during this meeting. Instead, comments related to this committee may be provided through the submission line at (631) 853-3685, or via email to: [email protected]

Clearly state your name, voice your continued support for Suffolk Trap Skeet & Sporting Clays and request that the Parks Committee vote down Resolution IR-1652 and IR-1801! 

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE by Monday, November 9th at 9am!

It is imperative that you call TODAY and put on record your public testimony supporting  the Range and opposition to these resolutions!

Let the legislators know how important the Suffolk County Trap Skeet & Sporting Clays Range is to you and your fellow Sportsman, and to urge them to reject resolutions #1652 and #1801!

Please send this to everyone you know!!! Thank you for your help!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• RangeWeNeed You.jpg

Attached Files

• marcha1 likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 depiazzy

depiazzy

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 116 posts
  • Locationislip

Posted November 07 2020 - 12:38 PM

Emailed my opposition.

#3 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 401 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted November 07 2020 - 05:41 PM

Sent them an email. Hope it helps

#4 marcha1

marcha1

Gunowner

• Established Member
  • 26 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted November 07 2020 - 06:24 PM

emailed my opposition as well.  thank you.

#5 General.rr

General.rr

Temp. self-imposed ban.

• 4394 posts
  • LocationIn the basket somewhere

Posted November 07 2020 - 06:48 PM

I can't wait for 2020 to be over... 

Can we get one good news?!

#6 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 720 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted November 08 2020 - 05:00 PM

I’ve done my part too. I’m forwarding to all who may help...

#7 signmaker

signmaker

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 111 posts
  • LocationHauppauge

Posted November 08 2020 - 07:46 PM

Just sent them an email.

#8 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 09 2020 - 09:04 AM

Time to research some facts and talking points when the resolutions come up for debate.

Is the range still the only recreational facility that is making money for the county?

Is there a  pollution problem that has suddenly  come up. Is was proven there was no problem when we fought to open  the range several years ago.

Have the range operators done something wrong  to violate the contract with the county. 

If you remember last time we had this fight the opposition  were claiming  that the river was being polluted, the noise was waking the dead, people were concerned abut made men running around the neighbor hood. Any excuse was used to keep the range open. We have to be prepared for this fight

• grifhunter likes this

#9 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7925 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted November 09 2020 - 09:31 PM

Time to research some facts and talking points when the resolutions come up for debate.

Is the range still the only recreational facility that is making money for the county?

Is there a  pollution problem that has suddenly  come up. Is was proven there was no problem when we fought to open  the range several years ago.

Have the range operators done something wrong  to violate the contract with the county. 

If you remember last time we had this fight the opposition  were claiming  that the river was being polluted, the noise was waking the dead, people were concerned abut made men running around the neighbor hood. Any excuse was used to keep the range open. We have to be prepared for this fight

They are really running with the "ground water" pollution, however, vertical pollution from range lead to subterranean aquifers has not been documented.  At worst, under ideal PH conditions, you get non-significant rainwater run-off to ponds or streams.  And thats only when there's no lead abatement.   The range does lead recovery periodically so its a non issue there. 

But it'll scare the sheeple and thats all they need.   Gunowners need to step up, get vocal, and vote to remove any politician who supports this effort to enrich the property values in the neighborhood of the range.  And thats all it is.   The people who bought there knew they were buying next to a range (at a discount) and took a flier that they could shut it down some day. 

#10 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 947 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted November 10 2020 - 05:44 AM

I went to the legislative building yesterday. I spoke to the legislator that said he was the sponsor. His said that this resolutions will give the complete legislature more over sight when making decisions on the range.  He said the parks commissioner makes all the decisions with out any oversight. He said that this was bad government and he wants more transparency in the decision making.  According to him Hunter sports is given funds to do capital improvements on the range. His examples were some decking and noise abatement improvements. Also he said that he would like to see more burns and trees put in for help in noise abatement. to improve the quality  of life for the people around the range. 

The second resolution was to have the county pay for  the range clean up, within one year if the range closes. 

He also stated that he is going on record that he does not want the range to close. This range this range is still making the county money, $70.000.00 according to the legislator. 

My take on the whole conversation is that this is pure BULLSHIT. It is, as stated by Hunter Sports , a back door attempt to shut the range down. If  Hunter Sports is doing the improvements that the commissioner requites why the extra oversight. His answers to my  questions seemed evasive and not completely informative. Also ,if I remember correctly, in the last fight to close the range  the cost of the clean up was to be done according to state and federal requirements. Which was in the millions.

If the range is to stay open we will have to be very diligent and cautious . In the last fight it took many members , whether we are trap and skeet shooters or  not, we will have to attend the next meetings to voice our opinion. You can be sure that the civic associations will be in attendance. We must out legislators to vote NO on these resolutions . 

Edited by Lou G, November 10 2020 - 05:56 AM.

• gunpoliticsny likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trap, skeet, sporting clays, suffolk county, range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users