Is Edelmans pistol permit legit? - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Is Edelmans pistol permit legit?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SalF

SalF

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 21 2020 - 04:19 PM

Wondering if the company, Edelman pistol permit out in Melville guides you through the process of filling out a pistol permit and if they are legit and actually do what they say their service is and if they’re legit. Anyone used their service or know of anyone that’s used them and had a good experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted October 21 2020 - 05:34 PM

Most of these application programs charge you money to help get the proper documents and lead you through the process. I would say do the following for Nassau county:

Get your driving lifetime abstract (not the abridged, but the full document). Search NY DMV for the paperwork

Get your references notarized lined up...you have a short period of time from submitting your application with the driving abstract and completing your application.

If you've had any psychiatric issue like involuntary hospitalization, depression, etc, then get a letter from your doctor stating that you are okay and not suicidal. If you've had any family members with same, try to get their doctor/therapist to do the same.

If you have young children, then store your gun in a gun safe...there's some sort of question about that somwhere.

If you live with other adults, get the letters signed and notarized by your family/cohabitants.

If you have a hunting license, make sure it's valid and have a photocopy with your application.

That's about it. GL.

#3 John M.

John M.

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEast Hampton L.I.

Posted October 21 2020 - 05:40 PM

There is no need to use any such service contact your licensing bureau whether it police or sheriff dept. they will give you the paperwork necessary and any questions they will address.

Most police and sheriff depth. dislike the use of such services and explicitly say not to use them.
  • Mr. Shotgun, iGreg and rlitman like this

#4 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6522 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted October 21 2020 - 06:51 PM

Just do it yourself, they just going to fill out info you tell them . Don’t waste ur money
  • Mr. Shotgun, iGreg and rlitman like this

#5 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 21 2020 - 08:06 PM

Waste of money, they will just hand you the same exact paperwork to fill out that you can get on your own, that said if your licensing agency is western suffolk out of yaphank headquarters you can fill it out online! Hope this helps. Good luck in your process! P.S. If you have something on your record that you think may be a hold up. Save the money you’d have spent for an attorney to appeal a potential adverse action. My 2 cents

#6 BLAMMO

BLAMMO

Lousy Shot

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 16247 posts
  • LocationTrapped behind enemy lines

Posted October 21 2020 - 08:42 PM

Scammers. I don't know what they charge but I hear it's in the hundreds of dollars. They don't do anything for you. They just tell you what you have to do and then they tell you to g'head and do it.

To make matters worse, I hear the licensing people at the county take a dim view of applicants who use services like these. There are all kinds of ways to slow-walk your app. Still takes at least a year under the best circumstances.
  • iGreg likes this

#7 killian

killian

Retired

• Donated Member
  • 1895 posts
  • LocationEastern Suffolk

Posted October 22 2020 - 07:17 AM

Do it yourself. It isn’t difficult to gather and fill out the paperwork for your LICENSE. They do not have the ability to fast track it so it doesn’t pay.
  • iGreg likes this

#8 jrd

jrd

Gun Guru

• 530 posts

Posted October 22 2020 - 09:40 AM

There is no need to use any such service contact your licensing bureau whether it police or sheriff dept. they will give you the paperwork necessary and any questions they will address.

Most police and sheriff depth. dislike the use of such services and explicitly say not to use them.

^^^^THIS^^^^

#9 notphilivey

notphilivey

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 86 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted October 22 2020 - 10:07 AM

Yea. I just did mine. No need for Third party help. Make sure you disclose everything candidly. It’s not a time to fudge answers. The interview was one question as it should be if everything is in order. (Have you ever been arrested.) They print you on a high tech digital scanner and take a picture. No smile. No gold chains. Then just wait for the phone call ( still waiting) Any idea of normal wait time between interview and approval in Nassau County? So far almost 3 weeks.?

#10 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7925 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted October 22 2020 - 09:11 PM

They have no inside track on getting you approved, they have no information that you can't get on here, they can help you lighten your wallet.  Thats about it.

#11 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2686 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted October 23 2020 - 01:26 PM

I used them many years ago,it was so long ago Edelmens actually had 2 gun stores on L.I.it worked for me but you CAN and should do it yourself

#12 boke

boke

Tallest Midget

• 3337 posts

Posted October 23 2020 - 04:37 PM

I can provide you the same advice they will. If you want to donate to my GYFONY fund feel free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users