Lock downs/masks fail, and why you should live again - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Lock downs/masks fail, and why you should live again

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 20 2020 - 10:08 PM

I have a hard time taking position on covid responses... as politicized of a topic as it’s become i truly think everyone has their ideas on what should be but no one knows enough. Its a hope for the best prepare for the worst situation. This will for sure be something looked at in history as something that added to the rule book of how to handle in the future haha. Lots of guessing going on at the moment.

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#22 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 635 posts

Posted October 21 2020 - 06:07 AM

I'm well aware of the fact that there were downsides to the shutdown but I don't deal in speculations about what ifs.

I'm not ignoring Sweden's results. Their mortality rate is 5.5% in a population of 10 million people. The U.S. mortality rate is 2.6% with a population of 330 million. Doing what Sweden did more than doubles the number of deaths in the U.S. I don't see that as a great success.

And how many of those deaths were due to the debacle of government handling of nursing homes which they took responsibility 

and how little where the deaths were among the general population?  Sweden curve is very flat while everyone else is not

but you want to compare the U.S.  compare Florida lockdown to California lockdown .

https://www.youtube....h?v=MmByg8eTyHY

admit it, lockdowns are junk science just like the original video stated

#23 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7212 posts

Posted October 21 2020 - 09:12 AM

And how many of those deaths were due to the debacle of government handling of nursing homes which they took responsibility 

and how little where the deaths were among the general population?  Sweden curve is very flat while everyone else is not

but you want to compare the U.S.  compare Florida lockdown to California lockdown .

https://www.youtube....h?v=MmByg8eTyHY

admit it, lockdowns are junk science just like the original video stated

Let's not be so fast to switch arguments. Your argument that the U.S. did such a terrible job isn't support by the FACTS regarding Sweden. Now you want to switch gears and talk about state to state. No one is claiming mistakes weren't made (NY and nursing homes) BUT the FACTS indicate the U.S. has done a relatively good job in halting the spread and deaths compared to other countries that didn't have the same size population or population density.

As far as NY and FL there are some very obvious differences. The first is NY was one of the very early states impacted by the virus since it's one of the major centers of international travel. A lot of that travel centers around one of the most densely population places in the country, New York City. One major mistake (sending infected people back into nursing homes) resulted in a large number of deaths among the most vulnerable segments of the population.

You take the most superficial information and make it the foundation of your argument claiming a one size fits all plan should have been adopted. Wrong! Different modes of operation have to be developed to deal with the unique aspects of the population being addressed. What is successful in small town Ohio isn't going to work in densely populated places like NYC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users