Lock downs/masks fail, and why you should live again - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Lock downs/masks fail, and why you should live again

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 635 posts

Posted October 15 2020 - 09:51 AM

The great libertarian Dr. Tom Woods makes an excellent case why humanity must be restored immediately 

https://www.youtube....hl9T1REnFicLuNk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1745 posts

Posted October 15 2020 - 05:33 PM

We should have never stopped living. We were/are being tested by the powers that be to see how far and how long they can push us and with the exceptions of a few minor pockets of resistance we failed to show them whos the boss of who. I said it from the get go if we all said screw you to their phony virtue signaling guidelines that it seemed only a certain faction of the populus had to obet what the hell could they have done to all of us??? Unfortunately their is a sissified slice of our nation that needs guidence from the internet ,social media CNN et al and the government and they would go over Niagra falls if told to do so.

• Ancap likes this

#3 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 15 2020 - 08:16 PM

Who stopped living?

I don't say that to minimize the terrible things some have had to endure due to this pandemic and some of the poor decision making. That not only includes the millions that have lost livelihoods due to the lockdown but those that have lost lived ones due to this virus.

There are two sides to this issue. One is the risk to the physical health of individuals and the other is the risk to the economic health of individuals. Both are very serious issues and in some ways connected. If you have life and physical health there are avenues to purse to advance your economic health. If you're dead all options are cut off for restoring economic health.

Early on in this pandemic there were a lot of unknowns. We know this is true because of the shifting explanations about mask, contaminated surfaces, airborne transmission, mortality rates, etc. But earlier on, when you talking about life and death issues, I don't blame the powers that be for taking dramatic precautions to avoid possible massive casualties.

We now know some of the precautions were proper (reducing the risk to those in nursing homes) and some have proven to be excessive (shutting down all schools and businesses). But we can't trash the whole process based on 20/20 hindsight. What we do need to do is take what we've learn and apply it to getting more kids back to school and more people back to work while we continue to protect those that are most vulnerable.

This doesn't mean opening restaurants, movie theaters, sporting arenas, etc. as if the pandemic never happened and Covid-19 ceases to be a threat. That would be idiotic.

Social interaction is a huge part of living. I have a tremendous family and circle of friends. Because my wife and I are in the high risk category we have had to adjust our social interactions. That's our reality for now and we're living with it looking forward to a better day. For others, that don't face the same level of risk, they can go back to something closer to normal.

Just as different families have to make certain decisions based on their family dynamics (young, old, healthy, preexisting conditions, etc.) NYC isn't small town West Virginia and LA isn't small town Wyoming. Treating them as if they're all the same is a formula for disaster and makes a mockery of the lessons we should have learned over the last ten months.
  • rlitman likes this

#4 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 635 posts

Posted October 15 2020 - 09:15 PM

Who stopped living?

I don't say that to minimize the terrible things some have had to endure due to this pandemic and some of the poor decision making. That not only includes the millions that have lost livelihoods due to the lockdown but those that have lost lived ones due to this virus.

There are two sides to this issue. One is the risk to the physical health of individuals and the other is the risk to the economic health of individuals. Both are very serious issues and in some ways connected. If you have life and physical health there are avenues to purse to advance your economic health. If you're dead all options are cut off for restoring economic health.

Early on in this pandemic there were a lot of unknowns. We know this is true because of the shifting explanations about mask, contaminated surfaces, airborne transmission, mortality rates, etc. But earlier on, when you talking about life and death issues, I don't blame the powers that be for taking dramatic precautions to avoid possible massive casualties.

We now know some of the precautions were proper (reducing the risk to those in nursing homes) and some have proven to be excessive (shutting down all schools and businesses). But we can't trash the whole process based on 20/20 hindsight. What we do need to do is take what we've learn and apply it to getting more kids back to school and more people back to work while we continue to protect those that are most vulnerable.

This doesn't mean opening restaurants, movie theaters, sporting arenas, etc. as if the pandemic never happened and Covid-19 ceases to be a threat. That would be idiotic.

Social interaction is a huge part of living. I have a tremendous family and circle of friends. Because my wife and I are in the high risk category we have had to adjust our social interactions. That's our reality for now and we're living with it looking forward to a better day. For others, that don't face the same level of risk, they can go back to something closer to normal.

Just as different families have to make certain decisions based on their family dynamics (young, old, healthy, preexisting conditions, etc.) NYC isn't small town West Virginia and LA isn't small town Wyoming. Treating them as if they're all the same is a formula for disaster and makes a mockery of the lessons we should have learned over the last ten months.

I guess you didn’t watch the video , it addresses all that

#5 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 12:12 AM

I guess you didn’t watch the video , it addresses all that

I listened to what he said and I don't think he has a clear idea of what should be done. While life is not all about the avoidance of death avoiding death is a critical part of life. If I ca avid doing some things now to avoid death it opens opportunities to enjoy life even more when things get back to normal. There is light ata the end of the tunnel. What I'd really like to avoid is doing something stupid now that puts my life at risk and denies me the opportunity to do even more six months our a year from now.

#6 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1745 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 04:56 AM

After 6+ months instead of bashing and blaming trump they should have been doing what needs to be done for a full scale opening in all 57 states. If more hospital beds were needed get them. More doctors,nurses,get them more whatever get whatever but they did nothing because its not a big threat to 99% of people but like Jane **** Fonda said Covis is Gods gift to the Democrats. Total hacks and total BS since February.

#7 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 635 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 05:05 AM

I listened to what he said and I don't think he has a clear idea of what should be done. While life is not all about the avoidance of death avoiding death is a critical part of life. If I ca avid doing some things now to avoid death it opens opportunities to enjoy life even more when things get back to normal. There is light ata the end of the tunnel. What I'd really like to avoid is doing something stupid now that puts my life at risk and denies me the opportunity to do even more six months our a year from now.

He had a very clear idea of what should be done 

your only focused only on the impact of covid and ignoring the other 17 unforeseen consequences that is having a much greater risk to life then covid ever had. Your not concerned about life, otherwise those other lives he discussed would be important to you as well

#8 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 635 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 05:06 AM

After 6+ months instead of bashing and blaming trump they should have been doing what needs to be done for a full scale opening in all 57 states. If more hospital beds were needed get them. More doctors,nurses,get them more whatever get whatever but they did nothing because its not a big threat to 99% of people but like Jane **** Fonda said Covis is Gods gift to the Democrats. Total hacks and total BS since February.

But we didn’t need more as the video explained, matter of fact over a million people in the medical field were laid off during covid

#9 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 08:49 AM

He had a very clear idea of what should be done 

your only focused only on the impact of covid and ignoring the other 17 unforeseen consequences that is having a much greater risk to life then covid ever had. Your not concerned about life, otherwise those other lives he discussed would be important to you as well

No he doesn't. He spent 99% of his time bashing what was done, doing it with 20/20 hindsight, and basically saying it was ALL wrong and we should act as if the virus never happened. That's insanity.
  • rlitman likes this

#10 Incognito

Incognito

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2018 posts
  • LocationSmithtown, NY

Posted October 16 2020 - 09:06 AM

But we didn’t need more as the video explained, matter of fact over a million people in the medical field were laid off during covid

That is an oversimplification.

Not all medical professionals or facilities are homogeneous.

Not all medical professionals have advanced life support training or have the mental capacity to be trained at that level. Not all medical professionals have sufficient experience even if trained.

The fact is that our system here for the care needed was temporarily overwhelmed, or on the brink of being overwhelmed.

Some health care workers are suffering their own form of PTSD.

#11 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1745 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 11:47 AM

Lets not forget these "experts" and pundints who said what from the start of this boondogle..Fauci: It wont come here. WHO It cant go from animals to humans and China did a good job of containing it. Pelosi :go to Chinatown and hug Chinese. Deblasio: Go out to eat and see a show. Then oncew they figured it may be a road to topple Trump the whole tone and optic changed with the help of the commie MSM. notice cases "spiking" as we close on election day? Real death numbers still way below 8k for 100% true beginning to end covid and ONLY Covid paitents so what the hell are we doing for 8K deaths.

#12 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1745 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 11:50 AM

That is an oversimplification.

Not all medical professionals or facilities are homogeneous.

Not all medical professionals have advanced life support training or have the mental capacity to be trained at that level. Not all medical professionals have sufficient experience even if trained.

The fact is that our system here for the care needed was temporarily overwhelmed, or on the brink of being overwhelmed.

Some health care workers are suffering their own form of PTSD.

And since the time they were overwhelmed what steps have they made to make sure they are now ready for the"Second Wave" and the regular seasonal flu?I am betting zero myself..Not only this but I read the suicide rates from the lockdowns has skyrocketed so what did we save?

• Ancap likes this

#13 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25672 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted October 16 2020 - 12:00 PM

Only Obama thinks there are 57 States!

#14 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1745 posts

Posted October 16 2020 - 02:06 PM

Only Obama thinks there are 57 States!

Just wanted to see who was paying attention .LOL.

• Ancap likes this

#15 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 635 posts

Posted October 19 2020 - 08:44 AM

No he doesn't. He spent 99% of his time bashing what was done, doing it with 20/20 hindsight, and basically saying it was ALL wrong and we should act as if the virus never happened. That's insanity.

He laid out the failures of the lock down and the success of those who didn’t participate in the lock down. In addition the additional casualties outside the virus from the government reaction To the virus  that you ignored. Just face the fact that the government controls you supported failed miserably. It’s time to embrace liberty and stop telling other people what to do

#16 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 19 2020 - 10:58 AM

He laid out the failures of the lock down and the success of those who didn’t participate in the lock down. In addition the additional casualties outside the virus from the government reaction To the virus that you ignored. Just face the fact that the government controls you supported failed miserably. It’s time to embrace liberty and stop telling other people what to do

What HE claimed were successes. I don't exactly consider a 2x higher mortality rate a success. I don't consider comparisons to countries with 10% of the U.S. population a valid comparison.

#17 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 635 posts

Posted October 20 2020 - 02:14 PM

What HE claimed were successes. I don't exactly consider a 2x higher mortality rate a success. I don't consider comparisons to countries with 10% of the U.S. population a valid comparison.

your still goring the spikes of all the other casualties due to the lock down policies you support

plus you can’t ignore Sweden results, the graphs are remarkably different even to comparable sized areas

#18 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 635 posts

Posted October 20 2020 - 02:15 PM

Five charts that shows Sweden’s policies worked

https://fee.org/arti...ckdowns-failed/

#19 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 20 2020 - 03:16 PM

your still goring the spikes of all the other casualties due to the lock down policies you support

plus you can’t ignore Sweden results, the graphs are remarkably different even to comparable sized areas

I'm well aware of the fact that there were downsides to the shutdown but I don't deal in speculations about what ifs.

I'm not ignoring Sweden's results. Their mortality rate is 5.5% in a population of 10 million people. The U.S. mortality rate is 2.6% with a population of 330 million. Doing what Sweden did more than doubles the number of deaths in the U.S. I don't see that as a great success.

#20 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7213 posts

Posted October 20 2020 - 03:19 PM

Five charts that shows Sweden’s policies worked

https://fee.org/arti...ckdowns-failed/

Sweden's polices worked as compared to who??? Not the U.S. As stated their mortality rate was more than double the U.S. mortality rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users