McCloskey back in court - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

McCloskey back in court

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 06 2020 - 08:18 PM

Mark and Patricia McCloskey were indicted Tuesday on charges of unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence, felony charges that could cause them to lose their professional licenses and the trespassing protestors haven't been charged. 🧐

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 218 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted October 06 2020 - 08:42 PM

You can indict a ham sandwich

#3 pewpew2020

pewpew2020

Respected Gunowner

• 100 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 06 2020 - 09:11 PM

Of course! Its just obnoxious...

#4 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 07 2020 - 10:39 AM

Mark and Patricia McCloskey were indicted Tuesday on charges of unlawful use of a weapon and tampering with evidence, felony charges that could cause them to lose their professional licenses and the trespassing protestors haven't been charged.

It sounds like the DA's office is trying to cover up the evidence tampering it did, by accusing the McCloskey's of tampering with Patricia's pistol.

I was documented that when the crime lab received the pistol, it was inoperable, with the firing pin installed backwards. The prosecutor ordered the crime lab to reassemble it to make it operable.  

I am assuming the prosecutor is going to try to claim the pistol was operable when the McCloskey's defended themselves against the angry, threatening mob of trespassers and vandals, and they tampered with it afterward. 

I highly doubt that was the case, but even if it was, it would not absolve the prosecutors office of its evidence tampering.   

If a suspect allegedly tampers with evidence, the authorities can't  tamper with it themselves, to restore it to the state they claim it was in, and try to cover that fact up. 

#5 Incognito

Incognito

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2027 posts
  • LocationSmithtown, NY

Posted October 07 2020 - 12:17 PM

Joe Biden doesn't seem to think they did anything wrong. "Buy a shotgun." he advises "...and fire two blasts outside the house..."

Did I miss it, did he defend the McCloskey's publicly? Did he offer to pardon them if elected?

#6 notphilivey

notphilivey

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 85 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted October 08 2020 - 05:41 AM

This is something I would expect from NY not Missouri. This indictment is beyond BS.

#7 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 08 2020 - 08:33 AM

This is something I would expect from NY not Missouri. This indictment is beyond BS.

The Circuit Attorney's Office for St. Louis is run by a radical Left Winger, owned by George Soros, named Kim Gardner.  So, in terms of getting prosecuted, St. Louis might as well be New York.  However, the laws of MO and the facts of the case are clearly on the side of the McCloskey's, so it is highly, unlikely they will be convicted.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users