PA non resident permit question - Page 5 - Nassau County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

PA non resident permit question

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11245 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted November 22 2020 - 02:19 PM

Yes Wayne told me I am allowed to keep my pistols at my PA summer/weekend home but won't be allowed to conceal carry. My pistols would have to be trransported in a locked box to a PA range. I know the lady was trying to be nice and helpful but it doesnt help me get any closer to my goal of obtaining a CCW in Wayne.

You're right, I need to head out to Centre County asap....when I can make the time to take the long road trip out there.

Did Centre County ask to see your NYC premise permit?

Once you have a LTC issued by a County in Pennsylvania, your home state restrictions are not enforced in Pennsylvania.
  • Mr. Shotgun, TJ Ironhorse, 1911user and 2 others like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#82 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• 177 posts
  • LocationEnslaved New Yorker

Posted November 23 2020 - 11:07 AM

Yes Wayne told me I am allowed to keep my pistols at my PA summer/weekend home but won't be allowed to conceal carry. My pistols would have to be trransported in a locked box to a PA range. I know the lady was trying to be nice and helpful but it doesnt help me get any closer to my goal of obtaining a CCW in Wayne.

You're right, I need to head out to Centre County asap....when I can make the time to take the long road trip out there.

Did Centre County ask to see your NYC premise permit?

Sorry for the late reply.. I was told from a NYC nra instructor all i need was a nypd hunters authorization form card and my enslaved nypd pistol premises license. When arriving at Centre police office front desk with PA application i was never asked for my hunters authorization form just my enslaved nypd pistol premises license and ID. 

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#83 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted November 23 2020 - 02:49 PM

Thanks! Did you make an appointment in advance? or did you just show up?

• NYC_Under_Dictatorship likes this

#84 BBJ

BBJ

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 371 posts

Posted November 24 2020 - 10:01 AM

I’m driving to Centre next week to renew. Because of COVID, it’s by appointment only, no walk ins.

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#85 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 242 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 24 2020 - 10:17 AM

You might be able to renew your Centre county one in Wayne due to COVID.    Might save you a few hours of driving. 

I could swear I had seen something on their webpage about this, but can't seem to find it anymore.

#86 BBJ

BBJ

Sharp Shooter!

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 371 posts

Posted November 24 2020 - 10:35 AM

You might be able to renew your Centre county one in Wayne due to COVID.    Might save you a few hours of driving. 

I could swear I had seen something on their webpage about this, but can't seem to find it anymore.

Wow, that is much closer! I’ll look into it, thanks.

#87 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 242 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 24 2020 - 10:52 AM

I'd give them a call.   They have an online process and in the renewal form it does ask for the issuing county, so quite possible they will do the renewal.  Would be curious as to what they tell you.

#88 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• 177 posts
  • LocationEnslaved New Yorker

Posted November 25 2020 - 11:48 PM

No emailed them first before heading out. A Centre detective responded be emailing me a application also welcoming to PA..

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#89 Short Track Hunter

Short Track Hunter

Gun Guru

• 1143 posts

Posted November 26 2020 - 10:44 PM

I called Centre Cty.    Appointment only... and it's not worth renewing at this point.   I never used it once.      Utah is internet renewal..

#90 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 242 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted November 27 2020 - 08:26 AM

Has anyone called Wayne County to see if you can renew other county issued licenses there?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users