SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg Has DIED ! - Page 3 - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg Has DIED !

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1742 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 07:09 AM

With Gods help Hillary and Pelosi will be in hot pursuit of her.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 628 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 07:15 AM

She won’t get replaced until a new president gets elected. Several republican senators already said they would not vote and you can easily guess which ones they are

#43 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 628 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 07:19 AM

No matter your political views, you must admire her.    Saying anything nasty about her is just wrong.

this is complete BS. There is plenty to criticize about her. She trampled the constitution, widely endorsed the ideology of a “living constitution “, infringed on property rights such as the New London case, while she is an advocate for positive rights (which are not really rights) , she trampled on negative rights (natural rights). She is a stain not a hero

• grifhunter and iGreg like this

#44 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 08:19 AM

She won’t get replaced until a new president gets elected. Several republican senators already said they would not vote and you can easily guess which ones they are

I think they can still get it done.

• iGreg likes this

#45 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 20 2020 - 10:44 AM

I think they can still get it done.

Pence is the tie breaker

• iGreg likes this

#46 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7200 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 10:54 AM

The Republicans would need to lose for votes to kill the nomination. I don't think McConnell will bring it to a vote unless he has a high confidence he has the votes to get it done. We shall see.

Edited by 2edgesword, September 20 2020 - 10:55 AM.

• iGreg likes this

#47 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 11:26 AM

The Republicans would need to lose for votes to kill the nomination. I don't think McConnell will bring it to a vote unless he has a high confidence he has the votes to get it done. We shall see.

Correct a defeat will not bode well.

#48 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11191 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted September 20 2020 - 11:43 AM

Tim Pool said Trump needs to act Immediately to fill the vacancy. This election could be heading to the SCOTUS with all the shenanigans expected.
  • iGreg likes this

#49 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts

Posted September 20 2020 - 08:11 PM

NEWS

RBG told Senate in 2016 to do ‘their job,’ replace Scalia before election: report

nlarge Image

Ruth Bader Ginsburg chided the Senate in 2016 for failing to fill Antonin Scalia’s Supreme Court seat until after Election Day — in contrast to her own deathbed plea that it now wait until after the 2020 vote to replace her.

Ginsburg, 87, who died from pancreatic cancer on Friday, reportedly told her granddaughter Clara Spera that her “most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

Four years earlier, Fox News noted, she had a different take.

“There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being the president in his last year,” Ginsburg told the New York Times in 2016 when she urged the Senate to do “their job” and consider President Obama’s court nominee Merrick Garland.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, refused to consider Garland for the court, saying that the next president, not a lame-duck president, should name Scalia’s replacement.

The move enraged Democrats, and prompted Sen. Lindsay Graham, a powerful Republican from South Carolina, to promise two years later that if a future Republican president found himself in the same situation, “we’ll wait to the next election.”

Graham added that “you could use my words against me, and you’d be absolutely right.”

On Saturday, Graham tweeted that “I will support President @realDonaldTrump in any effort to move forward regarding the recent vacancy created by the passing of Justice Ginsburg.”

McConnell said he will put a Trump nominee for the seat up for a vote, with the president expected to announce his choice as early as this coming week.

In addition, McConnell and Trump are pointing the finger at Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden and citing the “Biden Rule” for their haste to fill the Supreme Court seat.

Biden, then a Senator, called on then-President George HW Bush to hold off naming a nominee to the court until after the 1992 election.

Graham and other Republicans also noted that it was former Democratic Sen. Harry Reid who changed the Senate rules for confirmation of Supreme Court nominees, which now requires a simple majority of the GOP-controlled chamber rather than the super-majority once needed.

:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

#50 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 21 2020 - 11:39 PM

If they get this pick in before all the votes are counted and the decision goes to the SCOTUS not even Judas Roberts can help the Dems then and they know it so that is why the threats are thick.

• iGreg and Phoenix69 like this

#51 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 22 2020 - 10:11 AM

The only thing that bothers me about the vote for a Justice is confidence. To me it shows that Republicans dont have 100% confidence that they will retain the Senate and WH and the Dems know the fix is in on both.

#52 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11191 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted September 22 2020 - 03:23 PM

Mitt Romney has indicated that he will support President Trumps nomination. I doubt we can trust him after he voted to impeach Trump.

#53 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts

Posted September 22 2020 - 04:11 PM

Mitt Romney has indicated that he will support President Trumps nomination. I doubt we can trust him after he voted to impeach Trump.

He sucks. I guess he forgot how the Lame Stream media attacked him when he was running against "the anointed one". He took a drive on the debates and than told the People of Utah that he supported Trump only to reverse himself after the election. The People of Utah should have mounted a campaign to recall him. I doubt after his term is up he will get reelected there. I guess he will have to fine another State to deceive or just finally do it and change parties. 

#54 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 22 2020 - 06:11 PM

He sucks. I guess he forgot how the Lame Stream media attacked him when he was running against "the anointed one". He took a drive on the debates and than told the People of Utah that he supported Trump only to reverse himself after the election. The People of Utah should have mounted a campaign to recall him. I doubt after his term is up he will get reelected there. I guess he will have to fine another State to deceive or just finally do it and change parties. 

There is a warm seat for him on CNN.

#55 Ancap

Ancap

Gun Guru

• 628 posts

Posted September 23 2020 - 12:35 PM

I was surprised how many gunowners supported Romney when he ran for president. Even after his assault weapons ban, Romneycare, and clearly stated that he was a progressive 

Now we have his senate record, which is just as bad as Bernie Sanders. But at least Sanders knows some rights are actually rights. That’s how bad Romney voting record has been

#56 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7902 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted September 23 2020 - 08:51 PM

Romney needs to support an anti-abortion justice or he is toast to the Mormans who elected him.     Everything with Romney is about himself and electability. 

• Phoenix69 likes this

#57 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7200 posts

Posted September 23 2020 - 10:52 PM

The only thing that bothers me about the vote for a Justice is confidence. To me it shows that Republicans dont have 100% confidence that they will retain the Senate and WH and the Dems know the fix is in on both.

No one can have 100% confidence with respect to the Senate. There are swing states in the Senate and the Presidential races. Don't leave for tomorrow what you can get done today.

#58 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 664 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted September 24 2020 - 11:30 AM

I have had enough of the ridiculous praise and ass-kissing by the media of RBG, and I am talking about FOX!  She was an evil woman, with the blood of millions of unborn babies on her hands. In light of the idiotic fawning FOX treatment of her death, I refuse to hold back what I really think. 

https://youtu.be/kPIdRJlzERo

Now that the wicked witch of the East is dead, we need to have the wicked witch of the west get splashed with water. ;-)
Too bad that hair dresser didn’t accidentally spray pelosi with water...melting, melting, melting!
Maybe Californians will wake up and vote out pelosi?

#59 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7033 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 24 2020 - 01:26 PM

I don't trust Mitt, in general.  But, I don't see any reason for him to claim he would support confirming a Trump nominee and not do it.  If he wanted to pretend to play "moderate, man of principle hero", I think he would have announced his opposition.  

#60 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7033 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 24 2020 - 01:29 PM

Romney needs to support an anti-abortion justice or he is toast to the Mormans who elected him.     Everything with Romney is about himself and electability. 

I'm not sure Mitt cares about electability any more.  He will be 78 when he comes up re-election, so this is likely his last term in any office.  Plus the voters will probably forget by then if he does decide to run.

That only leaves Mitt's massive ego to influence him.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users