SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg Has DIED ! - Page 2 - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg Has DIED !

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1742 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 07:42 PM

Neal Kaytal already"i It would be 100% inappropriate for Trump to nominate another justice" 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 SYTY

SYTY

Sharp Shooter!

• 470 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 07:42 PM

Get the popcorn ready for the dem meltdown 

• Mr. Shotgun, iGreg and sigmann45 like this

#23 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 18 2020 - 08:06 PM

Let us ponder this. We know the Democrats are trying to steal the election with the mail in voting fraud. Let’s say that causes the election to be litigated in court and it reaches the Supreme Court. Let’s also assume that RBG has not be replaced. The court would be deadlocked at 4 to 4. What happens then?

#24 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7200 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 08:19 PM

I don't care what past precedent has been, Trump needs to make the appointment and the Senate needs to confirm him/her even if it requires the nuclear option to get it done.

• Mr. Shotgun, Incognito, Lou G and 1 other like this

#25 Kemposhot

Kemposhot

Respected Gunowner

• 287 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 08:28 PM

Let us ponder this. We know the Democrats are trying to steal the election with the mail in voting fraud. Let’s say that causes the election to be litigated in court and it reaches the Supreme Court. Let’s also assume that RBG has not be replaced. The court would be deadlocked at 4 to 4. What happens then?

Wouldn’t it go to the Vice President in the case a tie breaker is needed? Not sure, vaguely remember something like that.

#26 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• 2959 posts

Posted September 18 2020 - 08:53 PM

Election less than 8 weeks away !!   Can Trump do it ???   I doubt it.

No matter your political views, you must admire her.    Saying anything nasty about her is just wrong.

• dabassman likes this

#27 Incognito

Incognito

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 2018 posts
  • LocationSmithtown, NY

Posted September 18 2020 - 10:20 PM

No matter your political views, you must admire her.    Saying anything nasty about her is just wrong.

I don't think football players should advance political issues on the field.

I don't think justices should legislate from the bench.

Neither acts are part of the job description.

So I can't admire anyone for acting outside the lines. I can say she was wrong without being nasty.

I can admire her tenacity fighting for equal rights for women and advancing woman's issues.

#28 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 664 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted September 18 2020 - 10:28 PM

Hopefully Steven Breyer can kick the bucket too. Roberts would be icing on the cake.

I’m concerned because Clarence is looking a little old...

#29 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 664 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted September 18 2020 - 10:29 PM

Admire? Someone who ignored the constitution on the 2A? She made things up, like all the libtards.
  • grifhunter and iGreg like this

#30 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6272 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 19 2020 - 02:27 AM

Mitch the Turtle has already said if this happened he would proceed swiftly. Election be damned.

https://www.business...tion-rbg-2020-7

We are now on Turtle Watch, will he hide in his shell or come out and do something.

• mason852 likes this

#31 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6272 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 19 2020 - 02:36 AM

I believe whatever decision the lower court makes will stand. Constitutionally, the federal courts belong nowhere near deciding the election. The judge of the election for President in any state is their state legislature, which decides how Electors are chosen.

Edited by iGreg, September 19 2020 - 02:36 AM.

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11191 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted September 19 2020 - 05:31 AM

I am sure he has had his pick ready for many months.

Ever since the video from TMZ showed RBG in the wheelchair , the MSM reported she was in good health and working out. The Hollywood liberals embraced her and made a movie about her. The President knew her time wasn’t long. With the election a few weeks away, can we get a new SCOTUS nomination?
I bet this will make the Chinese Virus go away and bring more hate from the liberals and MSM now.

#33 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3753 posts

Posted September 19 2020 - 05:35 AM

Ok, the requesite time of mourning has passed...so let the humor begin !!!!

[ image]
  • iGreg likes this

#34 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 19 2020 - 07:29 AM

I believe whatever decision the lower court makes will stand. Constitutionally, the federal courts belong nowhere near deciding the election. The judge of the election for President in any state is their state legislature, which decides how Electors are chosen.

Didn't the Supreme Court have a hand in deciding the 2000 election between Bush and Gore? 

#35 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1742 posts

Posted September 19 2020 - 08:36 AM

I don't care what past precedent has been, Trump needs to make the appointment and the Senate needs to confirm him/her even if it requires the nuclear option to get it done.

Thats 100% right.The Dems are already planning to get rid of the filibuster if they regain the Senate so lets finally do a pre-emptive strike. Lets go on offense already for Christs sake.Time to bend them over for once.Come on man grow a set and stick it to them.

• iGreg, Lou G and Phoenix69 like this

#36 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6272 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 19 2020 - 04:26 PM

Didn't the Supreme Court have a hand in deciding the 2000 election between Bush and Gore? 

Yes, and they should have stayed out of it. Who won the Electoral votes in Florida belonged to the Florida legislature. But like many elected politicians those legislators were happy to let the federal courts take the heat.

#37 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7200 posts

Posted September 19 2020 - 05:45 PM

He is President until January 20th, 2021 regardless of what happens in November. I think he'll do it and the Senate will confirm. Remember we're talk about Trump. I don't think he is going to feel bound by precedent to chance giving the choice to Biden.
  • iGreg likes this

#38 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 664 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted September 19 2020 - 06:03 PM

Thats 100% right.The Dems are already planning to get rid of the filibuster if they regain the Senate so lets finally do a pre-emptive strike. Lets go on offense already for Christs sake.Time to bend them over for once.Come on man grow a set and stick it to them.

They can't filibuster...thanks to the demonrat, Harry Reid:

In November 2013, Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, but not for the Supreme Court. In April 2017, Senate Republicans led by Mitch McConnell extended the nuclear option to Supreme Court nominations in order to end debate on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch.

#39 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6272 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted September 19 2020 - 07:08 PM

I have had enough of the ridiculous praise and ass-kissing by the media of RBG, and I am talking about FOX!  She was an evil woman, with the blood of millions of unborn babies on her hands. In light of the idiotic fawning FOX treatment of her death, I refuse to hold back what I really think. 

Edited by iGreg, September 19 2020 - 07:15 PM.

• a7vette2 and Wowzer like this

#40 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2665 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted September 19 2020 - 08:23 PM

I have had enough of the ridiculous praise and ass-kissing by the media of RBG, and I am talking about FOX!  She was an evil woman, with the blood of millions of unborn babies on her hands. In light of the idiotic fawning FOX treatment of her death, I refuse to hold back what I really think. 

AMEN !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users