Would like to UPGRADE to NYC concealed carry. - NYS and NYC Discussions (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Would like to UPGRADE to NYC concealed carry.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 154 posts
  • LocationEnslaved New Yorker

Posted August 24 2020 - 06:02 PM

Would like some advice and or opinion. 

Currently residing in NYC with a home premise that I've had for about two years so fairly new.  I would like to apply for an "upgrade to concealed carry " and before you begin typing I understand the likelihood of me receiving this is slim to none although I do have a provable business with which I carry cash. Unfortunately I am not in the diamond business so the advice or opinion I need is if I were to apply and be denied will I be putting my current my current premise license in jeopardy?  Should I apply at renewal?  

Honestly my biggest concern is the Premise license - I would hate to give it up because I tried for full carry and be forced to apply again. 

I also have my shotgun/rifle permit - not that this is relevant just to say that I am familiar with NYC law I just can not affirmatively find the answer to this question. 

Anyone have any idea? 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boke

boke

Tallest Midget

• 3334 posts

Posted August 24 2020 - 06:28 PM

NYC licenses are hard to come by unless your have some serious hooks
  • TJ Ironhorse and NYC_Under_Dictatorship like this

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11163 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 24 2020 - 07:48 PM

Would like some advice and or opinion. 

Currently residing in NYC with a home premise that I've had for about two years so fairly new.  I would like to apply for an "upgrade to concealed carry " and before you begin typing I understand the likelihood of me receiving this is slim to none although I do have a provable business with which I carry cash. Unfortunately I am not in the diamond business so the advice or opinion I need is if I were to apply and be denied will I be putting my current my current premise license in jeopardy?  Should I apply at renewal?  

Honestly my biggest concern is the Premise license - I would hate to give it up because I tried for full carry and be forced to apply again. 

I also have my shotgun/rifle permit - not that this is relevant just to say that I am familiar with NYC law I just can not affirmatively find the answer to this question. 

Anyone have any idea?

If you have a cash business, you will need cash deposits. You might get a Business Carry if you can prove the cash deposits. A Full Carry Unrestricted will require a good attorney that specializes in that.
  • NYC_Under_Dictatorship likes this

#4 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2329 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted August 24 2020 - 07:57 PM

I’d like a Ferrari that goes 200 mph and gets 100 mpg.
I think our chances are about even.
The business is the only real option.
  • iGreg and NYC_Under_Dictatorship like this

#5 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 139 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted August 24 2020 - 08:27 PM

Asking for the business carry will not cause them to suspend your premises, unless they discover that you lied or something turns up in your background.

That being said, if you can prove you have a NEED to carry cash, you might be able to get it. It is NOT a full carry, you will NEVER get that unless you donate million$ to the Mayoral campaign, and your guy wins.

Full carry is reserved to retired Law Enforcement (who no longer need it due to HR 218) and people with very very very big hooks. You have ZERO chance to get  that. Business carry does have restrictions.

#6 Simong

Simong

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted August 24 2020 - 09:23 PM

Cash checking business can get full carry. You will need to provide deposit slips for at least 6 month with large cash deposits  for every week + your tax return of few years back. Yes you can get full carry you just must make sure you are ready to provide all the needed documents.

I'm not sure but I think full carry is limited to one handgun on the license.

Simong.

#7 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 139 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted August 24 2020 - 09:48 PM

Cash checking business can get full carry. You will need to provide deposit slips for at least 6 month with large cash deposits  for every week + your tax return of few years back. Yes you can get full carry you just must make sure you are ready to provide all the needed documents.

I'm not sure but I think full carry is limited to one handgun on the license.

Simong.

In NYC it is a business carry, NOT full carry.

#8 Simong

Simong

Respected Gunowner

• 173 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted August 24 2020 - 10:25 PM

I know of few guys with the above type of business, Full carry RED license, NOT YELLOW restricted carry. 

#9 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 139 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted August 24 2020 - 10:45 PM

There is such a thing as an unrestricted business license, that has to be hard to get, there are also limited business carry licenses.

You might also notice there is no mention in the handbook of a "full carry" license. They are so rare they don't even talk about them:

I know a few lawyers who have an unrestricted business license. The theory is that they can be visiting  a client, witness or crime scene at any time

https://s3-us-west-2...D-Form-4321.pdf

#10 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 7892 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted August 24 2020 - 11:05 PM

The government can't dispossess you of a civil right for having the audacity to apply for a permit to exercise  that civil right outside the home.

#11 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted August 24 2020 - 11:39 PM

There is such a thing as an unrestricted business license, that has to be hard to get, there are also limited business carry licenses.

You might also notice there is no mention in the handbook of a "full carry" license. They are so rare they don't even talk about them:

I know a few lawyers who have an unrestricted business license. The theory is that they can be visiting  a client, witness or crime scene at any time

https://s3-us-west-2...D-Form-4321.pdf

Thank you for responding with the information.  Like I said I'm not naive to the struggle if not the impossibility of obtaining in NYC other than my premise.    I do like a challenge though ... lol so I'll move forward.  My business does have a FFL already although it is for 03 only but at least they know i am serious.  Beyond donating the 1million this will be my only option. 

#12 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted August 24 2020 - 11:42 PM

If you have a cash business, you will need cash deposits. You might get a Business Carry if you can prove the cash deposits. A Full Carry Unrestricted will require a good attorney that specializes in that.

Yeah I am afraid it may come down to the attorney route.  The cash business along with the type of business may be enough but know NYC .... you wouldn't happen to be able to recommend such attorney? 

#13 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 154 posts

Posted August 24 2020 - 11:45 PM

I’d like a Ferrari that goes 200 mph and gets 100 mpg.
I think our chances are about even.
The business is the only real option.

lol - honestly man If I were a betting man I would say the odds are heavily in your favor.... however I've never hid from a challenge so game on! 

#14 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• 154 posts

Posted August 24 2020 - 11:47 PM

Asking for the business carry will not cause them to suspend your premises, unless they discover that you lied or something turns up in your background.

That being said, if you can prove you have a NEED to carry cash, you might be able to get it. It is NOT a full carry, you will NEVER get that unless you donate million$ to the Mayoral campaign, and your guy wins.

Full carry is reserved to retired Law Enforcement (who no longer need it due to HR 218) and people with very very very big hooks. You have ZERO chance to get  that. Business carry does have restrictions.

Thanks man that is really what I was concerned with.  Nothing has changed from when I was first licensed so ill gather reports from my accountant and see how it goes.    Thanks again 

#15 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11163 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 25 2020 - 08:25 AM

I know of few guys with the above type of business, Full carry RED license, NOT YELLOW restricted carry.

I have seen them before for NYC, it is in bold letters Unrestricted. It is the same as a retired Police Officer Pistol License, Full Carry basically . We had an officer challenge the guy he stopped why he is carrying his pistol. The officer was unaware a New York Pistol Licensee with it having No Restrictions or Unrestricted is Full Carry.
A business license is restricted. If you are conducting business it is valid. If you aren’t at work and caught carrying out of business restrictions the license is suspended.
  • NYC_Under_Dictatorship and only7rounds2 like this

#16 kouzman

kouzman

Respected Gunowner

• 189 posts
  • Locationnew york

Posted August 25 2020 - 11:12 AM

subscribed. really curious.

#17 boke

boke

Tallest Midget

• 3334 posts

Posted August 25 2020 - 01:11 PM

If you have any written threats against your life in theory that should beer enough to get a full carry, but even Howard Stern had to sue to get a full carry.

#18 notphilivey

notphilivey

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 52 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted August 26 2020 - 10:30 AM

I know 2 people who had their NY City conceal carry permits revoked after having them with no problems for over 30 years. I can’t imagine how even a fancy lawyer could get you an unrestricted cc these days if you are not a retired cop or under credible death threat. You need to have an “in” with the issuing authority whoever that is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users