HR7716: American Family and Private Property Defense Act - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

HR7716: American Family and Private Property Defense Act

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SYTY

SYTY

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 475 posts

Posted August 16 2020 - 11:48 AM

If ( HR7716: American Family and Private Property Defense Act) passed would this be for ny also?   

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 199 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 16 2020 - 02:27 PM

I believe so.

Does NY have a "retreat" law?   They require you to escape your house if an intruder comes in? 

#3 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6279 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted August 16 2020 - 03:22 PM

If ( HR7716: American Family and Private Property Defense Act) passed would this be for ny also?  

The short answer I think is yes.

Such a law should be constitutional because it is enforcing the 2nd Amendment right to "keep and bare arms. 

Anti-gunners would probably say nonsense like the 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about self defense. But thats a specious argument, after all what is the purpose of keeping and baring arm? Self-defense and not just to hunt deer. We can even tell the anti-gunners that the right to self-denfense is an "emanation" and "penumbra" from the US Constitution & 2nd Amendment. The left loves "emanations." 

This bill will NOT pass a Commie Democrat House of Rep.  If the Republicans take the House and hold the Senate, and TRUMP also wins, then it could pass the House.  It will then be up to the GOP leader (aka The Turtle) in the Senate, and only GOD knows what he will do, 

Edited by iGreg, August 16 2020 - 03:28 PM.

#4 Shotgun682

Shotgun682

LIF Official Supporter

• Club LIF Member
  • 2332 posts

Posted August 16 2020 - 05:06 PM

I believe so.

Does NY have a "retreat" law? They require you to escape your house if an intruder comes in?

Absolutely not

#5 Nordon

Nordon

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 6509 posts
  • LocationEast Northport, not far from Brooklyn

Posted August 16 2020 - 07:30 PM

The short answer I think is yes.

Such a law should be constitutional because it is enforcing the 2nd Amendment right to "keep and bare arms.

Anti-gunners would probably say nonsense like the 2nd Amendment mentions nothing about self defense. But thats a specious argument, after all what is the purpose of keeping and baring arm? Self-defense and not just to hunt deer. We can even tell the anti-gunners that the right to self-denfense is an "emanation" and "penumbra" from the US Constitution & 2nd Amendment. The left loves "emanations."

This bill will NOT pass a Commie Democrat House of Rep. If the Republicans take the House and hold the Senate, and TRUMP also wins, then it could pass the House. It will then be up to the GOP leader (aka The Turtle) in the Senate, and only GOD knows what he will do,

I hate to be the correcting douche, but I see the mistake too much, it’s “bear” arms not “bare” arms, which would be “shaven” arms. When I see someone make this mistake on various message boards, the liberal “pile on”, drives me nuts, “see, these gun nuts can’t even spell, yada yada yada.” It drives me nuts to see them use such a dumb thing as a reason to think we are not intelligent and just stupid gun nuts.

Edited by Nordon, August 16 2020 - 07:37 PM.

• sparks25 likes this

#6 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2331 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted August 17 2020 - 04:02 AM

It’s also kind of like when we pounce on the liberals for calling a magazine a clip. They don’t give a damn. To them it is really called the black box full of baby killing, grandma murdering, genocidal, heat seeking death projectiles. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users