2ANYS Launches statewide pistol permit lawsuit - NY Specific Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2ANYS Launches statewide pistol permit lawsuit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stainless45

Stainless45

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 589 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted July 27 2020 - 06:38 PM

Just like it says, link is below.  I would encourage donating, I just did.  Now more than ever we need the RIGHT to carry for protection...

https://www.2anys.com

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 cprstn54

cprstn54

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 236 posts
  • LocationCenterport, NY

Posted July 27 2020 - 07:10 PM

Almost every legal challenge I have seen on the last 15 years has been deficient in scholarship, particularly as to history.

The nunchucks guy did a decent job. The gravity knife case found a good technicality, plus had backing from tradesmen. In CA there was a challenge to the ten-round mag limit on the ground that 15-rd pistols had been in wide use at the time.

In any event, the way the [Trump] Supreme Court has been running away from 2A cases leads me to believe that Trump's love of 2A is just for show, and that only 2A stuff that benefits corporate contributors gets a boost.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#3 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1571 posts

Posted July 27 2020 - 07:16 PM

Almost every legal challenge I have seen on the last 15 years has been deficient in scholarship, particularly as to history.

The nunchucks guy did a decent job. The gravity knife case found a good technicality, plus had backing from tradesmen. In CA there was a challenge to the ten-round mag limit on the ground that 15-rd pistols had been in wide use at the time.

In any event, the way the [Trump] Supreme Court has been running away from 2A cases leads me to believe that Trump's love of 2A is just for show, and that only 2A stuff that benefits corporate contributors gets a boost.

At this point it looks like Roberts needs replacing not Ginsburg.

• Mr. Shotgun, RoadRage, Stainless45 and 2 others like this

#4 Gort

Gort

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1698 posts

Posted July 28 2020 - 04:48 AM

Conservative Justices Declined to Take Up Second Amendment Case after Roberts Signaled He Would Side with Liberals: Report

https://www.national...als-report/amp/

#5 Stainless45

Stainless45

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 589 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted August 01 2020 - 07:56 AM

https://www.reddit.c...is_the_protest/

#6 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 163 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 03 2020 - 11:08 AM

I'm curious.  How can they ban an 80% lower?  I mean 80% lower isn't a thing, it's just a label.  It's literally just a piece of metal.  Wouldn't that just ban sheets of steel, aluminum, springs, 3d printers, etc.  Everything and anything basically.

• Wowzer likes this

#7 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 595 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted August 03 2020 - 02:18 PM

I think both need replacing. He was appointed by Bush.
  • RoadRage likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users