Indoor Range with AC?? - Page 2 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Indoor Range with AC??

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted August 06 2020 - 05:34 PM

So, getting back to the reality of living on LI and being retired: The bride and I went to NC on Monday. There were two good aspects to this;

1}we bought $4.00 worth of targets and I think the bill was $12.00 with the range time.

2} we each lost 4lbs from the heat.

The bad news is the little employee behind the desk. Damn how do people with tit jobs get so unfriendly?  Being the people person that I am, a skill developed while walking a beat in Valley Stream and Franklin Square, I jokingly asked if adding a thousand to my property tax would buy us A/C. He seemed to snarl something about the exhaust blowing all the cool air out. So I said I was just back from Florida where we enjoyed a livable indoor range experience although it was well over 90 outside. So he suggested I move there. Wow if I spoke to folks like that it would have been the rubber gun squad. It don't cost nothing to be nice. Just saying....

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11120 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 06 2020 - 06:16 PM

So, getting back to the reality of living on LI and being retired: The bride and I went to NC on Monday. There were two good aspects to this;
1}we bought $4.00 worth of targets and I think the bill was $12.00 with the range time.
2} we each lost 4lbs from the heat.
 The bad news is the little employee behind the desk. Damn how do people with tit jobs get so unfriendly?  Being the people person that I am, a skill developed while walking a beat in Valley Stream and Franklin Square, I jokingly asked if adding a thousand to my property tax would buy us A/C. He seemed to snarl something about the exhaust blowing all the cool air out. So I said I was just back from Florida where we enjoyed a livable indoor range experience although it was well over 90 outside. So he suggested I move there. Wow if I spoke to folks like that it would have been the rubber gun squad. It don't cost nothing to be nice. Just saying....

Times have certainly changed... The days of friendly outgoing customer service isn’t found at most places. In the PD you deal with varying personalities. Enjoy the retirement!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users