For those who picked up there permits after the 24hr email - Nassau County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

For those who picked up there permits after the 24hr email

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 01:15 PM

I'm extremely excited and can't wait to get that email. I've been reading that the email states that your permit will be ready in 24 hrs. I was wondering if you get the email at say 4pm do you have to wait till 4pm the next day to go pick it up? Or can you just come in the next morning? I was planning to go to NCPD the next morning after approval and get the permit then run to Coliseum Traders to purchase my firearms since its the closest for the back and fourth etc. Without missing much work. 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 390 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted June 30 2020 - 01:44 PM

If I remember correctly, I think I went like 2 or 3 hours after getting the email.

When I got there, they had trouble finding it, after the passing officer walked by, he was like wow, you’re quick I just emailed you and he still had it or something.

I think it was a Friday and I wanted shop for pistols that weekend.

That was maybe a few years ago. So I think the following day would be fine.

#3 MRR

MRR

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 471 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 01:45 PM

Can't answer your question as when I got mine in the good old days everything was by snail mail. I do love the excitement and enthusiasm that you show. Good luck and welcome to the addiction. Out of curiosity what are you getting first?

#4 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 03:05 PM

I have been shooting rifles for a while as well as trying to do my own builds. I have zero experience with pistols but as soon as i got my fingerprint date i started doing the research and have a list of ones that seem good. Once at the store i will see what feels comfortable as well as how the trigger pull feels to finalize my decision. I will get two right away a 9mm and 22 for plinking.

H&K VP9
Sig Sauer P365 or P320

Glock 19 (Gen 5)
M&P 2.0

This is order for the 9mms

The 22 is only one i love to have and thats the ruger mark4.

They did call me 3 weeks ago and told me i was approved and to wait for an email in two weeks, So i assume it can come any day now.

#5 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 03:09 PM

But let me tell you when i went with a friend to help him pick out a shotgun for his home defense i almost lost it. The handgun selection was so amazing. There were literally hundreds to choose from. The custom ones are really neat. I can see myself collecting these long term. Shooting at the range is a lot of fun. Cleaning afterwards is also a nice way for me to meditate. So as you can tell i cant wait to broaden my experience and collection.

#6 whytenyte

whytenyte

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted June 30 2020 - 04:43 PM

Where did you go that had home defense shotguns in stock?

#7 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 04:45 PM

omg i just got email 10 minutes ago!!!!! tomorrow morning i go shop!!!!

we went to coliseum traders and someone literally purchases the last mossberg shockwave

• thetalonguy likes this

#8 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 04:46 PM

oh wait they're closed tomorrow.... i guess thursday i'm going and it will be well over 24 hours

#9 ub3rgeek

ub3rgeek

Respected Gunowner

• 110 posts
  • LocationNassau County, NY

Posted June 30 2020 - 09:40 PM

I'm extremely excited and can't wait to get that email. I've been reading that the email states that your permit will be ready in 24 hrs. I was wondering if you get the email at say 4pm do you have to wait till 4pm the next day to go pick it up? Or can you just come in the next morning? I was planning to go to NCPD the next morning after approval and get the permit then run to Coliseum Traders to purchase my firearms since its the closest for the back and fourth etc. Without missing much work.

Britts Firearms is less than 1/2 mile from NCPD. I stumbled on them from a Facebook post. The owner was great to talk to, very friendly and the price I got over the phone helped me decide I will call him before going anywhere else for a new firearm. I have also had great success at South Shore Sportsman

https://brittfirearms.com/
https://www.sssportsman.com/

Congratulations on the call. Safe shooting!

#10 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 642 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted June 30 2020 - 11:25 PM

Congrats. I’d looking into a CZ75.

#11 dr. glock

dr. glock

Respected Gunowner

• 121 posts

Posted July 01 2020 - 12:37 AM

Can't go wrong with visiting South Shore Sportsman and they would have all the selections you listed. Never felt rushed in the store, employees are up to date on the latest stuff but not pushy, and they have a range location in Islip if you want to rent as well before deciding, but the selection is limited to the most popular options like G19, M&P Shield, P320, etc. Good luck and enjoy! The hard part is over, the fun part begins. 

#12 whytenyte

whytenyte

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 01 2020 - 08:29 AM

Can't go wrong with visiting South Shore Sportsman and they would have all the selections you listed. Never felt rushed in the store, employees are up to date on the latest stuff but not pushy, and they have a range location in Islip if you want to rent as well before deciding, but the selection is limited to the most popular options like G19, M&P Shield, P320, etc. Good luck and enjoy! The hard part is over, the fun part begins. 

They are currently out of shotguns though

#13 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 193 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 01 2020 - 10:00 AM

How is their stock of firearms now?  South Shore and/or Britts?

It seems hit or miss.  Dicks for example seems to have plenty of 9mm Blazer Brass buckets, yet it seems most of the gun stores are out of ammo as well as reloading supplies.

#14 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted July 17 2020 - 10:01 AM

to answer the question of stock as i just visited Coliseum Shooters was that they had a ton of handguns on display. 100's of all styles, calibers and custom builds. I wanted to purchase the H&K VP9 but they only had used and none new. Then i ended up getting a Sig P320 that they also had used, display model and one new but it was a 2016 model which i ended up getting. I also wanted the Ruger Mark 4 and they had new but was a 2017 model.

They had zero shotguns and a line all day. Very friendly and very helpful.

#15 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 193 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 17 2020 - 10:38 AM

to answer the question of stock as i just visited Coliseum Shooters was that they had a ton of handguns on display. 100's of all styles, calibers and custom builds. I wanted to purchase the H&K VP9 but they only had used and none new. Then i ended up getting a Sig P320 that they also had used, display model and one new but it was a 2016 model which i ended up getting. I also wanted the Ruger Mark 4 and they had new but was a 2017 model.

If it's a 2016 model, check the serial number on Sig's site.  You may need to send it in for the voluntary recall.

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#16 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2135 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted July 17 2020 - 03:08 PM

If it's a 2016 model, check the serial number on Sig's site.  You may need to send it in for the voluntary recall.

I need to check mine also. I have a 2018-2019 model

#17 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 642 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted July 17 2020 - 03:29 PM

I have a Ruger Mark IV...in fact, shot it today. It's a great gun. My friend's S&W41 is not any more accurate, IMO. The SW41 is very picky about ammo...and event then, has some reliability issues. Just be sure to get the Volquartsen trigger pack for the Ruger Mark series--it turns the gun into a great shooter.

#18 rezelution

rezelution

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted July 18 2020 - 11:40 AM

i did check the serial and sure enough i sent in to sig for the upgrade. Haven't even shot it yet. I figured better to send it in before i fire it so i have zero trigger pull comparison and have nothing to complain about, Well I'm sad that they will test fire it before me.

#19 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 193 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 18 2020 - 08:55 PM

i'm pretty sure they test fire every gun, thus it was already test fired.

#20 Jimco10391

Jimco10391

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 71 posts
  • Locationnassau

Posted July 28 2020 - 12:34 PM

I was there at SSS on the 8th of July to turn my S&W shield in for repair.... they had plenty of handguns and a lot of rifles.....shotguns not sure of but they have been able to get everything I’ve asked for and they are a great bunch of guys...a few newer faces as i cant get down there as often as i would like ...the credit card and the safe have a conspiracy against more crowding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users