Winchester Longbeard Super X barrel 12g 3.5" - Pump [Shotguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Winchester Longbeard Super X barrel 12g 3.5"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DueDilli

DueDilli

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSufolk County

Posted June 28 2020 - 06:50 AM

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and firearms in general. I always wanted to get into them, but something else always ate the paycheck first. Now, with all of this lib f-tards telling us who and where to spend our money, what to say, and having all of the rights, I figured it was time to start using the credit card a bit.

That said, I was finally able to secure a shotgun, a Winchester Super X Pump 24", 12g, 3.5", and wanted to ask you guys a question. Just one of many to come I'm sure.

Can I use any other barrel with that gun? It's a 24", and I'd rather have an 18.5" but I'm having a hard time finding out if I can do so, how, and from where. Would you guys be able to help me here? It's very much appreciated.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 11072 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted June 28 2020 - 01:27 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, and firearms in general. I always wanted to get into them, but something else always ate the paycheck first. Now, with all of this lib f-tards telling us who and where to spend our money, what to say, and having all of the rights, I figured it was time to start using the credit card a bit.

That said, I was finally able to secure a shotgun, a Winchester Super X Pump 24", 12g, 3.5", and wanted to ask you guys a question. Just one of many to come I'm sure.

Can I use any other barrel with that gun? It's a 24", and I'd rather have an 18.5" but I'm having a hard time finding out if I can do so, how, and from where. Would you guys be able to help me here? It's very much appreciated.

You need to find a barrel specific to the shotgun. It may not be available in an 18.5” barrel in 3.5 inch. If you have screw in chokes. A 24” is very useful in certain hunting or shooting applications. I like my 24” barrel, good for Turkey, Deer or small game hunting. It could also be used for home defense use since the barrel isn’t too long.
  • DueDilli likes this

#3 DueDilli

DueDilli

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSufolk County

Posted June 29 2020 - 05:57 AM

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

DueDilli, on 28 Jun 2020 - 07:50 AM, said:snapback.png

Hello all,

You need to find a barrel specific to the shotgun. It may not be available in an 18.5” barrel in 3.5 inch. If you have screw in chokes. A 24” is very useful in certain hunting or shooting applications. I like my 24” barrel, good for Turkey, Deer or small game hunting. It could also be used for home defense use since the barrel isn’t too long.

NRA INSTRUCTOR

Hi Boosti and thanks much for responding! This is my first firearm, and to be honest, I've never fired one before, other than a friends pistol upstate a looong time ago. I am most definitely a beginner 100%. It was my understanding that one needed an 18" for HD. I tried moving about in the house with it and at 24" it was pretty tight. I did some internet googling and didn't find anything at that length. I figured I am looking at the wrong things, or something akin to operator error. What I did see was some direct replacements at longer lengths. 

Thanks again for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users