Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Company wants to defund ALL law enforcement - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Company wants to defund ALL law enforcement

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6241 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted June 23 2020 - 06:39 AM

I've never liked their ultra-Left politics. Consequently, I never buy their products but, for those of you who do buy their product(s), you may want to read the following.

Gary

From https://powerhousene...w-enforcement/:

Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream calls to defund all police
    As the radical left calls to completely rid this nation of law enforcement officers, Democrat leaders are all too happy to take the bait.
    Multiple leftist mayors across the nation have already announced their decisions to defund their cities’ police departments. Ironically, though, powerful Democrats who support the Defund the Police crowd have yet to scrap their own security details. That, in and of itself is both telling and hypocritical.
    Ice cream company Ben & Jerry’s is one of the latest figures to support defunding the police. Townhall reports that on Juneteenth, the ice cream company published anti-police messages on their Twitter feed and website.
    Ben & Jerry’s has chosen to support the debunked and leftist narrative that law enforcement is dangerous and racist. Taking to their Twitter feed, the company called to “defund the police” and “defend” the African-American community.
    Defund the police, defend Black communities! This #Juneteenth, it’s more important than ever that we dismantle the racist and ineffective model of American policing. Learn more about how defunding the police works and why we so desperately need it: https://t.co/JLY6f0u5y3 pic.twitter.com/3UnML38dDx
    Ben & Jerry's (@benandjerrys) June 19, 2020
    After then branding law enforcement as “racist and ineffective,” Ben & Jerry’s stated that policing in the United States ought to be “dismantled” altogether.
    The above tweet is bad enough, but the anti-police content on Ben & Jerry’s website is even worse. There, the ice cream company branded law enforcement as bad at crime-solving, yet “good at racism.”
    Today, we honor the Movement for Black Lives and people all around the country taking to the streets and participating digitally to demand justice. Learn more at https://t.co/XDaGZfxKoI #M4BL #SixNineteen https://t.co/3nY2rSaxcl
    Shortly thereafter, Ben & Jerry’s went on to assert that investing in communities should happen instead of incarcerating individuals who commit crimes.
    It’s too bad that Ben & Jerry’s doesn’t understand — or simply doesn’t care — that these two actions are not mutually exclusive. People can — and should — invest in communities while also allowing law enforcement to stop and lock up dangerous individuals who pose threats to communities.

# Advertisement

Advertisement
  • Topic Starter

Posted A minute ago

#2 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6241 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted June 23 2020 - 01:40 PM

Folks:

A friend just sent me the following E-mail, which makes the sisuation even more interesting.

Gary

"Dear Gary,
FYI:  (see also:  https://www.benjerry...t-us#4timeline)
Big Changes,August 3, 2000:
    Ben & Jerry’s becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever. Through a unique acquisition agreement, an independent Board of Directors is created to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. We call them the B.O.D. (Which means we really like them.)
    So, it's not just Ben & Jerry's that's a problem. Unilever needs to take some responsibility here."

#3 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2665 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted June 23 2020 - 02:00 PM

I defunded B&J's years ago even before I became lactose intolerant

• covertjy likes this

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 25657 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted June 23 2020 - 05:30 PM

Just two large guys who probably eat their own product to excess.

• tom2009 likes this

#5 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2456 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted June 23 2020 - 08:59 PM

Two more lefty lunatics. Irrelevant pair.

#6 imrbilly

imrbilly

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted June 25 2020 - 09:43 AM

time to stop buying ben & jerrys. ridiculous 

#7 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• 3981 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted June 26 2020 - 12:50 PM

I defunded B&J's years ago even before I became lactose intolerant

I am becoming more intolerant every day.

• mason852 and Phoenix69 like this

#8 BUGZ

BUGZ

Sharp Shooter!

• 449 posts
  • LocationEX--Long Islander

Posted June 27 2020 - 08:34 AM

Ben & Jerrys SUCKS

#9 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts

Posted June 27 2020 - 10:18 AM

Ben & Jerrys SUCKS

The ice cream or the owners?

#10 Don57

Don57

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted June 30 2020 - 03:48 PM

I refuse to buy their ice cream. Never did , never will.
  • gcloss likes this

#11 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 736 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted June 30 2020 - 04:39 PM

Sad to say I went to the same high school as B&J. They were liberal assholes back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 05:02 PM

Sad to say I went to the same high school as B&J. They were liberal assholes back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once a liberal asshole always a liberal asshole.

#13 joker18

joker18

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 161 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in NC

Posted July 01 2020 - 07:24 AM

I just read NYC has slashed the police budget by 1 billion (wow that's a lot a dough). The one council member who was against it stated there were 72 shootings last week and not one by a NYPD officer. Glad I don't live there.

#14 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25657 posts

Posted July 01 2020 - 07:46 AM

Can you say Chicago in a few months?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users