CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6078 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 23 2020 - 02:03 PM

Horowitz: The CDC confirms remarkably low coronavirus death rate. Where is the media?
Daniel Horowitz · May 22, 2020

https://www.conserva...ath-rate-media/

• baxtersmith likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 23 2020 - 02:43 PM

FAKE.

here is the truth:

New York has around 340,000 confirmed cases.

And around 20,000 deaths

that is  a mortality rate of over 5%.

What you are trying to sell is the number of deaths based on the entire population. That is NOT a death rate, that is common core math.

If you shoot someone in the head multiple times, and he dies, the death rate for being shot in the head multiple times is 100%, it can not be expressed as a % of the total population of 360,000,000. The total population has not been shot in the head multiple times.

Even if the asymptomatic number is equal to the confirmed cases, that would still leave a death rate approaching 3%.

BUT:
1. it is not over

2. not everyone has been tested, in fact MANY sick people were never tested due to the "rules".
For example my daughter was diagnosed with pneumonia in March, the same week my wife and I tested positive. She was never tested, but was "assumed" to have COVID and was treated with the Malaria cocktail and asthma meds, and she did recover/

This week she tested for antibodies. So that is a confirmed case now, or is it?

But every day there are more infections and more deaths.

#3 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25208 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 23 2020 - 03:16 PM

FAKE.

here is the truth:

And around 20,000 deaths

What you are trying to sell is the number of deaths based on the entire population. That is NOT a death rate, that is common core math.

If you shoot someone in the head multiple times, and he dies, the death rate for being shot in the head multiple times is 100%, it can not be expressed as a % of the total population of 360,000,000. The total population has not been shot in the head multiple times.

Even if the asymptomatic number is equal to the confirmed cases, that would still leave a death rate approaching 3%.

BUT:
1. it is not over

2. not everyone has been tested, in fact MANY sick people were never tested due to the "rules".
For example my daughter was diagnosed with pneumonia in March, the same week my wife and I tested positive. She was never tested, but was "assumed" to have COVID and was treated with the Malaria cocktail and asthma meds, and she did recover/

So what you are saying is the CDC is full of crap. And if the CDC is full of crap why should we believe ANYTHING they say.

• iGreg and baxtersmith like this

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10977 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 23 2020 - 03:40 PM

FAKE.

here is the truth:
And around 20,000 deaths

BUT:
1. it is not over

This infectious disease is definitely tricking many experts. People who tested negative died from Covid. I hope Trump is right that we will have a vaccine by fall.
  • only7rounds likes this

#5 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6078 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 23 2020 - 04:22 PM

FAKE.

here is the truth:

I never thought I would be quoting Pontius Pilate, but:

... what is truth? (KJV)

#6 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7044 posts

Posted May 23 2020 - 09:48 PM

Even if the mortality rate turns out to be on the low end suggested in this article (0.26%) that's still 2.6 times higher than the seasonal flu. The other issue which no one disputes is that this virus spreads much more quickly than the flu so it may be causing 2.6x as many deaths and doing it 3 times faster. The accelerated spread is what was one of the concerns with respect to overwhelming the healthcare system.

Beyond that we are finding out that this virus is not just a respiratory virus but attacks other organs (heart, kidneys and brain) and can result in long term damage to these organs.

The overwhelmed ICU's at the onset of this virus and the body bags in refrigerated trailers aren't going to be undone by projections by the CDC.

• TJ Ironhorse and only7rounds like this

#7 Steel Baby

Steel Baby

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: ,
  • 552 posts

Posted May 24 2020 - 08:44 PM

Well,death rate or mortality rate is defined as number of death / population.  It might be misleading, however, it is what it is.

Perhaps the "Infection Fatality Rate" or IFR, defined as number of death / number of infected, is more relevant.  According to the article posted online:

https://www.worldome...rus-death-rate/

as of May 1, the IFR in NYC is 1.4% and this includes

(1) Death in nursing home,perhaps with the highest number

(2) People age 65  above and/or with underlying health conditions

(3) General population

Of note, according to a survey (antibody test) conducted over a two weeks period, 12.3% in NY state and 19.9% in NYC are infected (10 times over the reported case number).  So, most people are either asymptomatic or with light symptoms and recovered, that is if you believe the antibody test (if a person produces antibody against COVID-19) to be accurate.

#8 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25208 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:44 AM

Maybe everyone in the entire State has it and is asymptomatic. Unless everyone is tested you would never know. And if everyone had it the death rate would be low. Maybe someone could do a model.....oh, they have already done those.

• Tom Mac likes this

#9 mvphilly

mvphilly

Gun Guru

• 1318 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:49 AM

Maybe next time we wont listen to another endless boy who cried wolf like we have done for Ebola,Swine,Climate Change etc. The sky is  not falling. You will know when it does.

• baxtersmith likes this

#10 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 509 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted Today, 08:24 AM

I have said it since the virus data first came out from China and South Korea. The fatality rate will be much much less, as the actual number of asymptomatic folks will be much, much higher than test proven people.

#11 Tom Mac

Tom Mac

Gun Guru

• 1307 posts
  • LocationLI, NY

Posted Today, 08:35 AM

all stats are;   Garbage IN, Garbage OUT

• 2edgesword likes this

#12 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Club LIF Member
  • 2541 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted Today, 12:29 PM

But now they have us looking and some fearing " THE SECOND WAVE"

#13 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10977 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted Today, 01:13 PM

Joe Biden is ahead in the Polls and the MSM is reporting the Chinese Virus death toll almost at 100,000!

#14 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25208 posts

Posted 57 minutes ago

Joe Biden is ahead in the Polls and the MSM is reporting the Chinese Virus death toll almost at 100,000!

Joe Biden is not even ahead of himself!

19 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (14), Phoenix69, Steel Baby