Will I destroy my new Remington 870 20 gauge Tac 14 if I shoot the very expensive 20 gage Hornady 250 grain sabot slugs through it? - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Will I destroy my new Remington 870 20 gauge Tac 14 if I shoot the very expensive 20 gage Hornady 250 grain sabot slugs through it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 notphilivey

notphilivey

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted May 23 2020 - 01:53 PM

I know rifled slugs are the correct slugs to use but I accidentally purchased some of these from a online site that will not accept returns. The tac 14 is a "cylinder bore." Thanks.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10985 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 23 2020 - 01:58 PM

I know rifled slugs are the correct slugs to use but I accidentally purchased some of these from a online site that will not accept returns. The tac 14 is a "cylinder bore." Thanks.

A cylinder choke tube is standard on Remington 870 Police 12 gauge shotguns. I wouldn’t worry about the Sabot destroying or damaging the cylinder choke of your barrel.
A Sabot round will perform optimally from a rifled barrel. I have a few boxes of 20 gauge BRI Sabot rounds that I shot at 25 yards from a Browning BPS 20 gauge cylinder choke and the accuracy was fine.

#3 notphilivey

notphilivey

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationnassau county

Posted May 23 2020 - 01:59 PM

Thanks

#4 jorel

jorel

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 189 posts

Posted May 25 2020 - 08:08 PM

You will only destroy your wallet if U continue to buy Hornady sabot slugs. Im sure the two legged targets you intend to use your Tac-14 against wont notice the difference if U use plain slugs instead

#5 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10985 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted May 26 2020 - 08:14 AM

You will only destroy your wallet if U continue to buy Hornady sabot slugs. Im sure the two legged targets you intend to use your Tac-14 against wont notice the difference if U use plain slugs instead

Yes, no need for those fancy boutique style shotgun shells when regular lead slugs will work perfectly fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users