El Duce Decrees Long Island same as NYC - Page 2 - Chit-Chat - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

El Duce Decrees Long Island same as NYC

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 samwag

samwag

Sharp Shooter!

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 343 posts
  • Locationeast northport

Posted May 17 2020 - 11:27 AM

You misunderstood my point about home depot. Lawyer's go after big targets big payday.The fact that they have not means there is no target.

As far as settled goes.I should have been clearer my insurance had it squashed not a payout. No case frivolous.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:29 PM

You misunderstood my point about home depot. Lawyer's go after big targets big payday.The fact that they have not means there is no target.

As far as settled goes.I should have been clearer my insurance had it squashed not a payout. No case frivolous.

I don't think anyone would have considered me a "big target" in a lawsuit and yet a lawyer was willing to waste his time, my time and the time of the insurance company lawyers to go after me and my insurance company. Whether you're Home Depot or a local hardware store or restaurant all of them have insurance that some lawyers may see as a payday.

#23 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:40 PM

All I know is that my neighbors respectively are having grannies and grankids visit all the time.   Get those caskets ready !

I have not stopped visiting my sister, her family, and my father (who is 87 years old) about twice a week. We do not wear masks. We have even had meals together. We are all waiting to be arrested.

Edited by iGreg, May 17 2020 - 03:42 PM.

• Lou G likes this

#24 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4844 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted May 17 2020 - 03:42 PM

Good luck to you all.  Just takes one to be asymptomatic. 

#25 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25226 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted May 17 2020 - 04:33 PM

Good luck to you all.  Just takes one to be asymptomatic. 

Does anyone remember anyone saying anything about  SARS, MERS and the Hong Kong flu being asymptomatic?

#26 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• 1246 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 17 2020 - 04:41 PM

I have not stopped visiting my sister, her family, and my father (who is 87 years old) about twice a week. We do not wear masks. We have even had meals together. We are all waiting to be arrested.

You are not going to be arrested. No need for a nonsensical post like that.

No one is being arrested.

But why would you be proud of putting your elderly father at unnecessary risk of death?

#27 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 17 2020 - 05:33 PM

Does anyone remember anyone saying anything about SARS, MERS and the Hong Kong flu being asymptomatic?

All virus are not alike in their mode of infection, infection rate and virulence.

#28 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 19 2020 - 02:21 PM

You are not going to be arrested. No need for a nonsensical post like that.

No one is being arrested.

Really? The following is just one local incident a few weeks ago.

Coronavirus: LI Man Arrested For Not Social Distancing, PD Says  Suffolk police said the man "refused a request to social distance or put a mask on." A witness said the man was walking his dog.

https://patch.com/ne...ask-rule-police

#29 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 19 2020 - 02:29 PM

But why would you be proud of putting your elderly father at unnecessary risk of death?

My father has no interest in living in a medical police state prison during the winter of his life. He has said he will be going to restaurants as soon as they open. I am sure there are people who think we should lock him up in his house

#30 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 19 2020 - 03:00 PM

My father has no interest in living in a medical police state prison during the winter of his life. He has said he will be going to restaurants as soon as they open. I am sure there are people who think we should lock him up in his house

Of course that's your dad's choice. I look at it this way. If I have to spend a year in social isolation Face Timing or having Zoom meetings with friends and family to avoid getting seriously ill in order to spend the next ten years enjoying my kids, grandkids and great grandkids I will gladly deal with the one year of isolation.
  • only7rounds likes this

#31 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 19 2020 - 03:02 PM

Question, if someone you don't know approaches you on the street and begins to break that six foot social distancing barrier, you tell them to keep their distance but they ignore you and attempt to get right in your face what do you think is the appropriate action to take?
  • only7rounds likes this

#32 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 19 2020 - 03:16 PM

Coronavirus lockdown casualties – 'despair' may cause more damage than COVID-19

https://www.dailywir...ina-back-to-u-s

#33 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 19 2020 - 03:20 PM

Coronavirus lockdown casualties – 'despair' may cause more damage than COVID-19

https://www.dailywir...ina-back-to-u-s

I tried to open the article and got an error message. Did they provide any projections? You know how very accurate those models can be.

#34 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 19 2020 - 03:25 PM

Question, if someone you don't know approaches you on the street and begins to break that six foot social distancing barrier, you tell them to keep their distance but they ignore you and attempt to get right in your face what do you think is the appropriate action to take?

I never liked people getting in my face and back off and avoid them. If the person getting in my face is related to a case I am working on (Im a private investigator), I would back off and put my right hand on my Walther PPK and thumb on the safety.  

The government has no business sending the police around with measuring tape regulating how many feet people are standing from each other. Naturally, people have always been free to lock themselves in their homes. HOWEVER, they have NO RIGHT to order others into some kind of home imprisonment.

I am not going to live like this:

Edited by iGreg, May 19 2020 - 03:30 PM.

#35 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• 1246 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 19 2020 - 04:56 PM

Of course, you left out the actual details:

PORT JEFFERSON, NY — A man was arrested Sunday afternoon after Suffolk police were called to Main Street in Port Jefferson for a report of a large group of people not practicing social distancing, officials said. Gov. Andrew Cuomo ordered New Yorkers to wear face masks when unable to stay 6 feet or more from one another, a policy that went into effect Friday night and includes civil penalties for violators.

Suffolk police arrived on Main Street at 1:30 p.m., and one man, they said, "refused a request to social distance or put a mask on." The man was handcuffed, placed in a police cruiser and taken to the Sixth Precinct. He was released with a civil summons returnable to the Village of Port Jefferson.

AND, to make a point AGAIN, he was not accosted or arrested for leaving his home. He did not violate a "lockdown order". You have used a straw man to try to make your point.

And no one who knows anything about guns carries a PPK! AND it appears you often engage in menacing, you can not show or draw a gun when DPF is not being threatened.

#36 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 19 2020 - 07:01 PM

I never liked people getting in my face and back off and avoid them. If the person getting in my face is related to a case I am working on (Im a private investigator), I would back off and put my right hand on my Walther PPK and thumb on the safety.  

The government has no business sending the police around with measuring tape regulating how many feet people are standing from each other. Naturally, people have always been free to lock themselves in their homes. HOWEVER, they have NO RIGHT to order others into some kind of home imprisonment.

I am not going to live like this:

Maybe my use of the term "getting n my face" is too strong. Say they are simply violating the six foot distancing. Is that justified cause for you to put your hand on your PPK?

The problem today is you have no idea who is a threat, knowingly or unknowing. At this point, given my age and underlying health conditions, I have to treat anyone getting close to me as a threat to my health and safety. That being the case if someone I don't know approaches me and I tell them to back away I'll take a step or two back. If they still insist on getting any closer I'm going to consider that person knowingly invading my space after I've told them to back away a threat and they may end up with a face full of Mace. Do you think that would be an appropriate reaction?

#37 only7rounds

only7rounds

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1246 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted May 20 2020 - 01:09 AM

Maybe my use of the term "getting n my face" is too strong. Say they are simply violating the six foot distancing. Is that justified cause for you to put your hand on your PPK?

The problem today is you have no idea who is a threat, knowingly or unknowing. At this point, given my age and underlying health conditions, I have to treat anyone getting close to me as a threat to my health and safety. That being the case if someone I don't know approaches me and I tell them to back away I'll take a step or two back. If they still insist on getting any closer I'm going to consider that person knowingly invading my space after I've told them to back away a threat and they may end up with a face full of Mace. Do you think that would be an appropriate reaction?

NO. Maybe you should read PL Article 35 Mr. Private Investigator.

#38 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 20 2020 - 02:15 AM

And no one who knows anything about guns carries a PPK! AND it appears you often engage in menacing, you can not show or draw a gun when DPF is not being threatened.

How do you know where I keep my handgun? If my PPK is in my jacket or pants pocket (and not visible) and have my hand on it, how is it menacing? Sorry, but I do not need your permission (or endorsement) of what I carry. 

I would be careful about making accusations and making negative personal comments. After all, I could just as easily accuse you of supporting the imposition of a tyrannical police state, and for the destruction of the Constitution.

Edited by iGreg, May 20 2020 - 02:16 AM.

#39 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted May 20 2020 - 08:06 AM

NO. Maybe you should read PL Article 35 Mr. Private Investigator.

I’m not a private investigator. As for PL35 “A person may, subject to the provisions of subdivision two, use physical force upon another person when and to the extent he or she
reasonably believes such to be necessary to defend himself, herself or a third person from what he or she reasonably believes to be the use or imminent use of unlawful physical force by such other person,”

Given our current circumstances if a person I don’t know approached me and didn’t heed warnings to stay back I think it would be reasonable to assume they are a threat a mace in the face would be appropriate.

#40 iGreg

iGreg

Right-wing Sith

• Donated Member
  • 6090 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted May 27 2020 - 01:44 AM

EL Duce is apparently following Caesar's example. I guess they had virus problems back during the Roman era.

I wonder if similar graffiti will start appearing about our Albany tyrant.

Edited by iGreg, May 27 2020 - 01:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users