2020 Pistol License Timeline - Page 5 - Suffolk County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

2020 Pistol License Timeline

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted October 08 2020 - 06:01 PM

Timeline from someone else (from the reddit)
Applied 1/17/20
Permit Interview 7/15
Affidavits sent in 08/01
Permit in Hand 10/08.

Is there a miraculous possibility we will get ours in 3 months?!?!

This person was delayed because of COVID-19. Had Covid not happened, they would of had it much sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#82 Organix

Organix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationS

Posted October 19 2020 - 07:53 AM

Wondering if anyone got the call that submitted the questionnaire June or July, I am approaching my 2 month mark (Submitted in August) and wondering if they have been keeping up with the influx of applications.

#83 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted October 19 2020 - 08:25 AM

Wondering if anyone got the call that submitted the questionnaire June or July, I am approaching my 2 month mark (Submitted in August) and wondering if they have been keeping up with the influx of applications.

You have a minimum 5 month wait. It took me 5 months for an interview and I submitted in April. It only got worse after that. I’m still waiting for the license.

#84 MikeV17

MikeV17

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted October 20 2020 - 02:34 PM

I did, my time line is on the previous page. 6/1 submitted the app. 10/1 i got my interview

#85 Trentals21

Trentals21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted October 20 2020 - 04:31 PM

Wife got a call i was approved 10/9 for my license how long is the wait to receive it in the mail?
  • david111jr likes this

#86 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted October 20 2020 - 04:32 PM

Wife got a call i was approved 10/9 for my license how long is the wait to receive it in the mail?

A week to a few weeks. Congrats! What is your timeline?

• david111jr and Trentals21 like this

#87 Trentals21

Trentals21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted October 20 2020 - 09:36 PM

A week to a few weeks. Congrats! What is your timeline?

Applied 1/20
Interview 7/1 I believe
Affidavits sent about a week later
Wife was called 10/9, officer said to her I was approved
Just waiting for it to come in the mail
  • david111jr likes this

#88 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 AM

Just want to inform everyone that I saw someone recently share in another group that they were recently down at the Suffolk PLB and they were told they received over 2K applications in the month of August.

#89 Jaydee731

Jaydee731

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 AM

Saw from the owner of LI Ammo that in the week of 9/7 to 9/11 1,200 applications were handed in. Thought it was Far Fetched but when I spoke to my IO for something a week later he mentioned they had over 2K in hand before September was halfway through...

#90 spb1122

spb1122

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSmithtown, NY

Posted Yesterday, 12:04 PM

I'm in the middle of that glut. I filled out the questionnaire online at the end of September, and SCPD got my $10 on 10/2.

While I may not like how long it takes, I fully expect that I'll be approved, as my history is clean and clear.

My biggest worry is that I waited too long, and laws will be changed before SCPD has the chance to issue me a license, and I get the opportunity to purchase.

Fingers crossed.

#91 NewYorker424

NewYorker424

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRonkonkoma, NY

Posted Yesterday, 12:10 PM

I'm in the middle of that glut. I filled out the questionnaire online at the end of September, and SCPD got my $10 on 10/2.
While I may not like how long it takes, I fully expect that I'll be approved, as my history is clean and clear.
My biggest worry is that I waited too long, and laws will be changed before SCPD has the chance to issue me a license, and I get the opportunity to purchase.
Fingers crossed.

I doubt any laws will change that will impact you. What do you think they are going to do ban all pistols? Lol don’t worry about it man, and as far as the wait hopefully you have the license in your hand in no more than a year.

#92 covertjy

covertjy

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 3982 posts
  • LocationThe Free World

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

A pistol license can cost hundreds of dollars but a marriage license is about $3.  You get what you pay for.

#93 Organix

Organix

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationS

Posted Yesterday, 03:40 PM

Fingers crossed.

I had the same though process, hence why I waited, but after the supreme court decided not to take on any Gun cases, I realized that these laws will never change, so I submitted my questionnaire at the end of August. It really became more apparent that the supreme court just simply does not want to get involved in any 2nd amendment related questions as they refused to hear Melquan v New York, which specifically questioned NYS licensing laws. This was presented before the justices right after Ginsburg died, even though the conservative side had a clear majority they declined the case.

#94 david111jr

david111jr

Advanced Member

• Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 PM

I had the same though process, hence why I waited, but after the supreme court decided not to take on any Gun cases, I realized that these laws will never change, so I submitted my questionnaire at the end of August. It really became more apparent that the supreme court just simply does not want to get involved in any 2nd amendment related questions as they refused to hear Melquan v New York, which specifically questioned NYS licensing laws. This was presented before the justices right after Ginsburg died, even though the conservative side had a clear majority they declined the case.

They really should look at New York laws. Everyone I talk to out of state laughs at me when I tell them our laws. They start with a giggle when I tell them about magazine capacity, but when I get to the part where there’s a weight limit they loose it.

#95 spb1122

spb1122

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSmithtown, NY

Posted Yesterday, 04:10 PM

A pistol license can cost hundreds of dollars but a marriage license is about $3.  You get what you pay for.

LOL

I've been married (to the same woman) for 30 years.

Sometimes I want my $3 back....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users