Sig P365 - Semi-Auto [Handguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Sig P365

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted April 09 2020 - 02:44 PM

Anyone own and have a solid opinion on the 365? Good, bad, any input.
If so, when was yours manufactured? Any issues.
Thanks

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 dsny1984

dsny1984

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 09 2020 - 06:15 PM

i have one, oct 2018 production have a 1000 rounds thru it works flawless. they only mod i made is installed the flat trigger, have two friends who have them and no problems, don;t know thier production dates but they have no problems, both guys luv it,

• TJ Ironhorse and TheLevelOne like this

#3 gcloss

gcloss

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 738 posts
  • LocationEx-New Yorker now living in Peachtree City GA

Posted April 09 2020 - 06:34 PM

I have a P365 made in August 2018. I’ve put a couple of 1000 rounds through it with zero problems. I travel around the southeast for business and its my go to carry firearm. It goes with me everywhere I go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • NRATC53 and TJ Ironhorse like this

#4 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted April 09 2020 - 07:01 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Im gonna buy one when the dust settle from this current insanity.
I could have bought one online last week at a great price, but nowhere to ship it to, or handle the transfer. Pretty disappointed, bu5 thats life right now.
Thanks again.
  • ub3rgeek likes this

#5 ub3rgeek

ub3rgeek

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 111 posts
  • LocationNassau County, NY

Posted April 10 2020 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the input guys. Im gonna buy one when the dust settle from this current insanity.
I could have bought one online last week at a great price, but nowhere to ship it to, or handle the transfer. Pretty disappointed, bu5 thats life right now.
Thanks again.

Been looking at one for a while, almost bought one in February, but figured, I’m in no rush. And as soon as the world went crazy, shops closed and pistol lic office closed. Wish I had pulled the trigger when I made up my mind in Feb...

But everyone I’ve talked to who has one loves it.
  • TJ Ironhorse likes this

#6 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• 985 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 10 2020 - 08:28 PM

When the P365 first came out I rented one at DSI and put 100 rounds through it. I was impressed by its accuracy and wouldn't hesitate to own one as my EDC, if I lived in a state where I could get a real CCW license (not the sorry excuse for a handgun license they give us on Long Island).

Having said that, it wouldn't be my choice for a range gun. I could definitely feel the effects after powering 100 rounds through that lightweight little gun. Still though... it was a lot of fun.

• Parashooter and TJ Ironhorse like this

#7 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted April 11 2020 - 02:24 PM

Anyone own and have a solid opinion on the 365? Good, bad, any input.
If so, when was yours manufactured? Any issues.
Thanks

I have one. I like it, but haven't had enough time with it to make it my carry gun. A friend got one also, she bought one for herself after getting her husband one.None of us has anything bad to say about it

• Parashooter, TJ Ironhorse and gcloss like this

#8 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted April 11 2020 - 02:51 PM

I have one. I like it, but haven't had enough time with it to make it my carry gun. A friend got one also, she bought one for herself after getting her husband one.None of us has anything bad to say about it

Hey Bill, thanks for your input about the 365. If you’re still in Florida, I hope you’re staying safe and healthy.
Tom
  • NRATC53 likes this

#9 crgordo

crgordo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted April 11 2020 - 03:33 PM

Have one for 5 months and about 500 rounds, accurate, light and when I move out of Newyorkastan to free America it will be EDC.

• NRATC53, TJ Ironhorse and gcloss like this

#10 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted April 11 2020 - 04:31 PM

Have one for 5 months and about 500 rounds, accurate, light and when I move out of Newyorkastan to free America it will be EDC.

Thats a solid plan. Get out of this state asap.
  • gcloss likes this

#11 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted April 12 2020 - 11:14 AM

Hey Bill, thanks for your input about the 365. If you’re still in Florida, I hope you’re staying safe and healthy.
Tom

Yes, all good Tom, thanks

That's a solid plan. Get out of this state asap.

Yeah, a long time ago it was "Don't be the last American killed in Viet Nam", and that has now morphed into "Don't be the last American stuck in NY" Same gloomy feeling, day to day

• Parashooter and TJ Ironhorse like this

#12 mrprovy

mrprovy

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2604 posts
  • LocationSelden

Posted April 13 2020 - 11:16 AM

My P365 is about 1 year old with 1000 rounds through it.   Upgrades I've done are the flat trigger and a Grey Guns P365XL grip module, both of which I would HIGHLY recommend!

If you're looking for a range gun that will be occasionally carried, get the XL.  If you're looking for a carry gun that will occasionally be shot, weigh your options.  I almost always carry OWB, so the shorter slide benefits me under my shirt.  I haven't tried carrying the XL grip IWB yet, so I can't comment on how it feels.  For me, the flat trigger feels so much better shooting and the XL grip makes a HUGE difference both drawing from the holster and shooting.

Either way, the gun is near perfect for CCW; for me the P365 slide with the XL grip IS perfect!

Edited by mrprovy, April 13 2020 - 11:17 AM.

• TJ Ironhorse and gcloss like this

#13 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted June 30 2020 - 06:52 PM

I picked up my P365 today. Transfer at Kwaks. The usual easy, peasy transaction.
Bought it from KY GUNCO.
HQ in Mineola was easy also. Had two people working the windows
Hoping to get to the range in the next few days.
  • rlitman likes this

#14 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 237 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted July 01 2020 - 10:04 AM

I picked up my P365 today. Transfer at Kwaks. The usual easy, peasy transaction.
Bought it from KY GUNCO.
HQ in Mineola was easy also. Had two people working the windows
Hoping to get to the range in the next few days.

How much is Kwaks charging now for pistol Transfers?

#15 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted July 01 2020 - 11:08 AM

I paid $35 cash. Up from $33 last several times.

#16 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 24738 posts

Posted July 06 2020 - 02:39 PM

My P365 is about 1 year old with 1000 rounds through it.   Upgrades I've done are the flat trigger and a Grey Guns P365XL grip module, both of which I would HIGHLY recommend!

If you're looking for a range gun that will be occasionally carried, get the XL.  If you're looking for a carry gun that will occasionally be shot, weigh your options.  I almost always carry OWB, so the shorter slide benefits me under my shirt.  I haven't tried carrying the XL grip IWB yet, so I can't comment on how it feels.  For me, the flat trigger feels so much better shooting and the XL grip makes a HUGE difference both drawing from the holster and shooting.

Either way, the gun is near perfect for CCW; for me the P365 slide with the XL grip IS perfect!

I have been thinking about the Grey Guns module, is it really that much better? Another thing - Since I no longer live in NY, I have taken to using an IWB Holster outside the jeans but inside the belt. My T shirt or other shirt covers it, and the belt reduces the print. Doing this gives me just enough to keep things from digging me in the side during day to day activities

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#17 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted August 17 2020 - 03:32 PM

Attached File  54701B1F-9302-4844-A367-D7B54A010F3C.jpeg   146.45KB   7 downloads

Decided to go with the XL frame. I did need to buy new baseplates for my 10 round magazines to be able to use them in the XL frame. Tactical Development makes them. They fit the way 12 Round magazines would, but being we are in a communist state, stuck with the 10’s

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, August 17 2020 - 04:17 PM.

• NRATC53 and gcloss like this

#18 paultm

paultm

Advanced Member

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted August 27 2020 - 05:11 AM

I replaced the Sig 365 extensions with Pearce extensions( about [email protected]) which added about a 1/4" in length to the magazine and with my hand size pinky does not hang below magazine anymore which for me makes it handle like a full size gun.

#19 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2482 posts

Posted August 27 2020 - 07:33 AM

I replaced the Sig 365 extensions with Pearce extensions( about [email protected]) which added about a 1/4" in length to the magazine and with my hand size pinky does not hang below magazine anymore which for me makes it handle like a full size gun.

I had done that too, but still didnt like the overall feel in my hand. My main issue was when releasing the magazine, it tends to hang up on the lower portion of my palm. Going to the XL frame has completely eliminated that for me.

#20 Monday dallas

Monday dallas

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted September 10 2020 - 07:56 PM

I have Smith & Wesson 642 Airweight, Crimson Trace Lasergrips for sale . Caliber 38 special any serious buyer should contact me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users