One Police Plaza - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

One Police Plaza

purchase authorization

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Waynepye

Waynepye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 07:33 PM

Good evening everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about what's going on at One Police Plaza. I understand that they're closed to the public for any face to face interactions, but I'm wondering about pending transactions like previously submitted pistol purchase authorization. I submitted mine several weeks ago, and have tried unsuccessfully many times to contact them by phone. Is there anyone who is in the same situation, or has been able to make contact?

Thanks much, and please take care of yourselves

• NYC_Under_Dictatorship likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 08:33 PM

Good evening everyone, I'm just wondering if anyone has any information about what's going on at One Police Plaza. I understand that they're closed to the public for any face to face interactions, but I'm wondering about pending transactions like previously submitted pistol purchase authorization. I submitted mine several weeks ago, and have tried unsuccessfully many times to contact them by phone. Is there anyone who is in the same situation, or has been able to make contact?

Thanks much, and please take care of yourselves

I'd say just send them an email for an update. I picked up a pistol last weekend and cannot bring it in for inspection until they reopen to the public....who knows how long that will be, I imagine weeks, months 

#3 Waynepye

Waynepye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 08:59 PM

Hey Charlie,

I looked on the website and I didn't see an email address for Purchase Authorizations, is there a general email address there? But I know even if it comes in the mail, I won't be able to buy one as the stores are closed and fro what I've heard the NICS system is all screwed up. It would be nice to have the Authorization in my hand though.

Thanks very much 

#4 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 10:05 PM

Hey Charlie,

I looked on the website and I didn't see an email address for Purchase Authorizations, is there a general email address there? But I know even if it comes in the mail, I won't be able to buy one as the stores are closed and fro what I've heard the NICS system is all screwed up. It would be nice to have the Authorization in my hand though.

Thanks very much 

Even if it comes in the mail they give you one month to go down there to pick up the purchase doc, and who knows when they will reopen to the public. Knowing how they love to infringe and delay our rights I highly doubt that they are prioritizing processing purchase doc requests right now.

my apologies I thought they had an email address for purchase authorizations. They only list a tel#  646-610-5153

#5 Waynepye

Waynepye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 10:53 PM

Hey Charlie,

I noticed that the other departments have pretty much the same web address with different descriptions. I used this web address and put in "Purchase Authorization" and explained my situation. It went through so let's see what happens.

I want to thank you for looking into this for me, and I'll keep you posted as to what happens; there may be more people out there in similar situations. 

#6 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted March 27 2020 - 11:00 PM

Hey Charlie,

I noticed that the other departments have pretty much the same web address with different descriptions. I used this web address and put in "Purchase Authorization" and explained my situation. It went through so let's see what happens.

I want to thank you for looking into this for me, and I'll keep you posted as to what happens; there may be more people out there in similar situations. 

Yes absolutely, good luck!

I hope life goes back to normal soon. I need to send out another purchase doc request as well for another pistol I have waiting for me at the gun dealer.

The purchase doc I had expired 2 days ago, so luckily for me I was able to pick up my pistol just in time, and now I will have to hold onto i until 1PP opens up again for in person business so I can get it added to my license.

#7 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 167 posts
  • LocationEnslaved New Yorker

Posted September 27 2020 - 09:08 PM

A friend of mine told me she mailed her purchase authorization form in June 2020. After a few months go by and no mail form she emailed the NYPD Investigator. She was told  

"The pistol department are backed up with processing the February, March and April group. No processing time or when will they start May, June, July or August groups.

You have to be shitting me...  :computerhit  :suicide

• Mr. Shotgun likes this

#8 sparks25

sparks25

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 2331 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted September 28 2020 - 05:57 AM

I don’t understand the holdup.
From the stats in the news, the criminals, gangs and drug dealers seem to be getting their paperwork through with no problem.
  • Mr. Shotgun and rlitman like this

#9 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2139 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted September 28 2020 - 03:58 PM

A friend of mine told me she mailed her purchase authorization form in June 2020. After a few months go by and no mail form she emailed the NYPD Investigator. She was told  

"The pistol department are backed up with processing the February, March and April group. No processing time or when will they start May, June, July or August groups.

You have to be shitting me...  :computerhit  :suicide

I dropped off my purchase authorization request in person around the last 2 weeks of July. When I emailed my contact in licensing division I was given the same excuse. We have exceeded the 6 week processing period and they don't seem to care! Meanwhile I have a new pistol sitting at my FFL which i am eagerly awaiting to bring home.  

#10 Lamont

Lamont

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1434 posts

Posted September 28 2020 - 10:47 PM

Perhaps we need suit against these "purchase authorization" docs.

#11 Olderbutwiser

Olderbutwiser

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUse to live on Long Island, NY~Happy now in TN.

Posted September 29 2020 - 06:55 PM

I'd suggest moving to a gun friendly state!!   :sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users