WEBSITE TO LOCAL FFL PURCHASE - Nassau County (licensing/laws) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

WEBSITE TO LOCAL FFL PURCHASE

ffl

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jdb910

jdb910

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSyosset, NY

Posted March 01 2020 - 07:00 AM

I have a Nassau permit and want to buy a pistol from budsgunshop.com.  They don't ship to Nassau FFLs.  I was going to use a Suffolk FFL.  Is this okay?  Do I need a bill of sale from the Suffolk FFL?  I think yes b/c handbook says purchase from NY dealer?  Is there any issue I need to be aware of to do this transaction?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 721 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted March 01 2020 - 12:25 PM

Yes. I send to Campsite and do the drive to Nassau PD without a problem. It is just like any purchase otherwise.

• RVA likes this

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted March 01 2020 - 02:53 PM

Yes. I send to Campsite and do the drive to Nassau PD without a problem. It is just like any purchase otherwise.

Campsite did wave the Transfer fee for me because I bought merchandise that I needed. That’s a bonus!

#4 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25764 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted March 01 2020 - 03:10 PM

Campsite is pretty close to the Nassau border. 

#5 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 316 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted March 09 2020 - 10:56 AM

Will campsite transfer a rifle for a Nassau resident?

#6 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted March 09 2020 - 01:18 PM

I have done a person to person there, nassau resident

#7 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 721 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted March 12 2020 - 07:51 PM

Will campsite transfer a rifle for a Nassau resident?

Sure. I've done it many times. Campsite is a great place.

#8 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 248 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 26 2020 - 02:22 PM

Their list is just not complete.   I would recommend using Kwak's in Bellmore.   They only charge $33 for pistol or rifle transfers.    Campsite at $55/$45 is pretty high.

This list was developed as a convenient way for our customers to see what local FFL dealers, including local Preferred Dealers, we already have on file. This list is updated each day, and throughout the day. You may also use a local dealer that is not already on our list, however we will require a current copy of your dealer's FFL faxed to us at 1-800-804-5569 or scan/email here.

If they refuse to ship to Nassau (I can't see why they would have something specifically against Nassau), I would just buy someplace else.  There are plenty of other places that are just as cheap if not cheaper than Buds.

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#9 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 248 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 26 2020 - 02:25 PM

Has anyone used this place?

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE SECURITY INC
View Map
52 WEST HILLS RD
HUNTINGTON STATION, NY 11746
Preferred FFL Dealer!
Transfer Fee:
25.00 (Last Reported)
Transfer Notes:
$25.00 Rifle $35.00 Pistol. Law Enforcement and Military both active, retired and veterans $20.00 rifles and pistols.

#10 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 26 2020 - 02:50 PM

Their list is just not complete.   I would recommend using Kwak's in Bellmore.   They only charge $33 for pistol or rifle transfers.    Campsite at $55/$45 is pretty high.

This list was developed as a convenient way for our customers to see what local FFL dealers, including local Preferred Dealers, we already have on file. This list is updated each day, and throughout the day. You may also use a local dealer that is not already on our list, however we will require a current copy of your dealer's FFL faxed to us at 1-800-804-5569 or scan/email here.

If they refuse to ship to Nassau (I can't see why they would have something specifically against Nassau), I would just buy someplace else.  There are plenty of other places that are just as cheap if not cheaper than Buds.

Kwaks will not accept a rifle from a private party on a drivers license. MUST be an FFL

#11 packetloss

packetloss

Respected Gunowner

• 248 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 26 2020 - 07:13 PM

Kwaks will not accept a rifle from a private party on a drivers license. MUST be an FFL

You mean in the case of someone mailing them the rifle to transfer? 

I haven't done any transfers there but my understanding is they will (with both parties present) do private party transfers for rifles and pistols.

In the case of Buds, they are an FFL so I would think it shouldn't be an issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ffl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users