Canada Goose bag limits - Hunting - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Canada Goose bag limits

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 2962 posts

Posted February 23 2020 - 01:21 PM

I'm reading the DEC web site.   They actually reduced the Canada Goose bag limits !!

Total nuisance goose, and they should annihilate them all... 

What is the DEC thinking ??

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 TheKnot

TheKnot

Respected Gunowner

• 200 posts
  • Locationlong island

Posted February 23 2020 - 02:09 PM

As a life long duck hunter and fisherman i can tell you this , It's not called the Department of enviormental confusion for no reason . The people in charge have no clue and don't want to listen to anyone . I have spent 45 years on a tidal river fishing for bass and trout and shooting ducks all that time . I live in the town i was born in still 57 years, i know my local waters ,they have no use for my knowledge or insite . It's a sad state of affairs .

#3 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 158 posts

Posted February 23 2020 - 06:56 PM

Naturally migrating Canadian geese aren't the problem and the limit "may" makes sense, I don't know. But resident geese need a special season and the limits should be generous. They can be hunted anytime that migrating geese aren't in the area.

RESIDENT Canadian geese are an unnatural problem and their offspring learn to be non-migratory too. ALL non-migrating geese should be eliminated.

• grifhunter and TheKnot like this

#4 CITYREPO61

CITYREPO61

Sharp Shooter!

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 425 posts

Posted February 25 2020 - 11:09 AM

Naturally migrating Canadian geese aren't the problem and the limit "may" makes sense, I don't know. But resident geese need a special season and the limits should be generous. They can be hunted anytime that migrating geese aren't in the area.
RESIDENT Canadian geese are an unnatural problem and their offspring learn to be non-migratory too. ALL non-migrating geese should be eliminated.

There are generous bag limits for the resident geese during their season, the problem is that they usually reside in populated areas that protect them from being hunted.

#5 the blur

the blur

Gun Guru

• 2962 posts

Posted February 25 2020 - 02:14 PM

The correct name is CANADA GEESE.  Not Canadian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users