Great Summary of 2A Cases at SCOTUS - US Government Laws & News (2A ONLY) - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Great Summary of 2A Cases at SCOTUS

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3746 posts

Posted February 17 2020 - 06:44 PM

First saw this on a twitter repost from Tom Gresham. This guy compiled the 8 2A cases that are currently waiting apparently behind the NYSRPA case. These cases have NOT been accepted by SCOTUS, but they have NOT been rejected either. Kindof a lawyer thing or SCOTUS thing where they are just set aside and they wait for some purpose.

You can go to the link below to see this guy an follow him....but I will snip and clip it also....

https://mobile.twitt...473463284912128

The eight 2nd Amendment cases currently being held by the Supreme Court:

Mance v Barr (18-663)
Pena v Horan (18-843)
Rogers v Grewal (18-824)
Gould v Lipson (18-1272)
Ciolek v New Jersey (19-114)
Cheeseman v Polillo (19-27)
Worman v Healey (19-404)
Malpasso v Pallozzi (19-423)

Mance v Barr (18-663) whether the federal government can prohibit interstate handgun sales

Pena v Horan (18-843) whether possession of a gun can be limited to "safe" guns

Rogers v Grewal (18-824) whether the government can require a "special need" in order to allow carry outside the house

Gould v Lipson (18-1272) whether the government can require a "special need" in order to allow carry outside the house

Ciolek v New Jersey (19-114) whether the government can require a "justifiable need" in order to grant a carry permit

Cheeseman v Polillo (19-27) whether licenses can require a "justifiable need" for possessing a gun

Worman v Healey (19-404) whether "assault weapons" and "large capacity feeding devices" can be banned

Malpasso v Pallozzi (19-423) whether licenses can require a "good and substantial reason" for possessing a gun

Edited by blue steel, February 17 2020 - 07:07 PM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2120 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted February 17 2020 - 06:51 PM

Some of them seem repetitive  - but I'll take it

#3 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3746 posts

Posted February 17 2020 - 07:04 PM

FYI....For those that want to, here is the docket search link over at SCOTUS. Just input the number of the case and you will get the link to ALL filings and events for that case.

https://www.supremec...ket/docket.aspx
  • 2edgesword likes this

#4 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 512 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted February 18 2020 - 05:51 AM

I hope they take up the special need and blast it to hell.

#5 wrffan

wrffan

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationStaten Island

Posted February 18 2020 - 07:36 AM

I hope they take up the special need and blast it to hell.

I think it largely depends on how broadly the SCOTUS rules on the NYSRPA case. A narrow ruling will mean little, but a broad decision could cover the issues in some of the pending cases. Let's hope for the best, stay tuned!

• Mr. Shotgun, NRATC53, Lou G and 1 other like this

#6 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 512 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted February 18 2020 - 07:50 AM

I think it largely depends on how broadly the SCOTUS rules on the NYSRPA case. A narrow ruling will mean little, but a broad decision could cover the issues in some of the pending cases. Let's hope for the best, stay tuned!

From your mouth to god’s ear, I hope you are right! It’s ridiculous that we have restrictions on something that reads, ‘shall not be infringed.’ If there’s anything more black and white in the world, it is the 2A.
  • 2edgesword, Mr. Shotgun, NRATC53 and 1 other like this

#7 grifhunter

grifhunter

Sifting Through the Ruins

• Club LIF Member
  • 7821 posts
  • LocationTraffic congestion Exits 43-49

Posted February 18 2020 - 01:02 PM

No rush.   We need first for one crusty old woman justice to croak

• a7vette2 and Wowzer like this

#8 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 18 2020 - 05:15 PM

When the SCOTUS heard the NYSRPA v NYC back in December 2, 2019. The media and gun groups claimed the case was moot. I would expect a positive ruling in June. If this case goes further than the narrow current premises license law, it will change the entire State pistol licenses from being unloaded and in a locked box.
  • Mr. Shotgun and NRATC53 like this

#9 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2120 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted February 18 2020 - 06:59 PM

When the SCOTUS heard the NYSRPA v NYC back in December 2, 2019. The media and gun groups claimed the case was moot. I would expect a positive ruling in June. If this case goes further than the narrow current premises license law, it will change the entire State pistol licenses from being unloaded and in a locked box.

from your lips to gods ears!

#10 Wowzer

Wowzer

Gun Guru

• 512 posts
  • LocationNassau county

Posted February 20 2020 - 07:39 AM

No rush.   We need first for one crusty old woman justice to croak

I wish there was a way that I could like your comments more than 1 time. RBG has got to go meet her maker in the 9th circle of hell. The 9th circle is reserved for treachery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users