CZ 75D trigger upgrade - Semi-Auto [Handguns] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

CZ 75D trigger upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RVA

RVA

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 08 2020 - 08:55 AM

Anyone ever upgraded their trigger on a CZ decocker model? Did you get a Cajun Gun Works Kit? DIY or shop? Or maybe a custom trigger job is the call for these guns? Thanks for any advice

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Simong

Simong

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 175 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted February 08 2020 - 09:48 PM

Anyone ever upgraded their trigger on a CZ decocker model? Did you get a Cajun Gun Works Kit? DIY or shop? Or maybe a custom trigger job is the call for these guns? Thanks for any advice

My Shadow-2 is by CGW at the moment getting the slide milled for RMR, also upgrading the already excellent trigger to the best option offered with barrel bushing as well and shorter reach trigger...

Simong.  

• RVA likes this

#3 ed3013

ed3013

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Locationsmithtown

Posted February 09 2020 - 01:43 AM

I used the parts from cajun gun works and did it myself albeit for a safety model CZ SP-01. short reset trigger, kit race hammer, oversized safety, combat trigger, spring kits etc, and little sanding and polishing, guns runs smooth and fast with double action down to 5-6lbs and single action to about 2-2.5lbs. 

There is a step by step instructions 

https://forums.brian...rofessor-atlas/

They have a wealth of knowledge in regards to CZ tuning. 

Hope it helps. 

• RVA likes this

#4 RVA

RVA

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 09 2020 - 10:34 AM

I used the parts from cajun gun works and did it myself albeit for a safety model CZ SP-01. short reset trigger, kit race hammer, oversized safety, combat trigger, spring kits etc, and little sanding and polishing, guns runs smooth and fast with double action down to 5-6lbs and single action to about 2-2.5lbs. 

There is a step by step instructions 

https://forums.brian...rofessor-atlas/

They have a wealth of knowledge in regards to CZ tuning. 

Hope it helps. 

Thank you both for the info! Thanks for the link ed3013!

I am fairly hand with things like this, although the amount of small parts I see when watching a video always makes my head spin!

I am currently evaluating all my guns to see if a trigger job would be worth it. I have gotten to the point when I am starting to truly understand its value, and that smooth is as important as light(er)

#5 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted February 09 2020 - 07:22 PM

I have a CZ P01, CZ 75BD and a CZ97BD which are all staying stock for now...I may look in Cajun Works offerings in the future

• RVA likes this

#6 RVA

RVA

Marksman

• Established Member
  • 81 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted February 09 2020 - 09:09 PM

Here is a Sunday night reply from CGW.  Great customer service!

You have 2 choices:

75200 - basic/standard upgrade kit

75210 - Top of the line Pro-Package, our very best for a self defense firearm

Either will deliver the same trigger pulls, the 75210 simply adds our outstanding Reach Reduction System, one of the best upgrades ever for a CZ pistol.  See "Tutorials" on the top of the home page, then see "CZ-75 and SP-01" as phase one, then see "Decocker sear cage" for phase 2 of the install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users