CT Non-Resident CCW Permit - renewed in person today (my experience) - Page 3 - Out Of State Licensing - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

CT Non-Resident CCW Permit - renewed in person today (my experience)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 NYC_Under_Dictatorship

NYC_Under_Dictatorship

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEnslaved New Yorker

Posted October 21 2020 - 09:29 PM

Yes I did get fingerprints cards

Cool! Please make sure the officer printing the cards for the day, print correctly. Ct. state police are notorious for rejecting cards...

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 MOTORIDER61

MOTORIDER61

Respected Gunowner

• 153 posts
  • LocationSHIRLEY

Posted October 22 2020 - 08:21 AM

Thank you

#43 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11245 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 22 2020 - 10:46 AM

Cool! Please make sure the officer printing the cards for the day, print correctly. Ct. state police are notorious for rejecting cards...

Most of the older police officers have knowledge and experience rolling ink prints cards. The most important thing for you to check is that the officer write down their name and put the Agency name and address on the print card. Let the officer do the work, don’t put pressure as that will smudge them.
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#44 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7243 posts

Posted October 22 2020 - 11:41 AM

Most of the older police officers have knowledge and experience rolling ink prints cards. The most important thing for you to check is that the officer write down their name and put the Agency name and address on the print card. Let the officer do the work, don’t put pressure as that will smudge them.

Actually the officer that took my prints mentioned they don't get a lot of practice doing the ink prints because everything is now done electronically.
  • Mr. Shotgun and NYC_Under_Dictatorship like this

#45 only7rounds2

only7rounds2

Respected Gunowner

• 218 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted October 22 2020 - 12:37 PM

Do they REQUIRE ink prints? because there are numerous places you can to that do it electronically, NYS accepts it for professional licenses etc.

#46 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7243 posts

Posted October 22 2020 - 04:02 PM

Do they REQUIRE ink prints? because there are numerous places you can to that do it electronically, NYS accepts it for professional licenses etc.

I know the OP is applying for the CT license but FL requires the fingerprint card or the prints can be furnish electronically but it has to be done by an agency in FL. In a search for information on CT it appears the actual cards have to be submitted.

#47 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11245 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 22 2020 - 05:47 PM

Actually the officer that took my prints mentioned they don't get a lot of practice doing the ink prints because everything is now done electronically.

Live scan was being used for almost 20 years now with most Law Enforcement Agencies . In the police academy, fingerprinting was part of the training. This is why I said most older police officers know how to roll prints.
  • only7rounds2 likes this

#48 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted October 22 2020 - 10:42 PM

I know the OP is applying for the CT license but FL requires the fingerprint card or the prints can be furnish electronically but it has to be done by an agency in FL. In a search for information on CT it appears the actual cards have to be submitted.

I renewed my FL CCW in person back in February before the pandemic hit. I went to the local CCW office in West Palm Beach and they processed my payment by credit card, took electronic fingerprints, took my photo and had me fill out an electronic application on one of their computers. I was probably in and out on 25-30 minutes

• 2edgesword likes this

#49 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11245 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted October 27 2020 - 04:32 PM

I received my renewal CT non resident in the mail today. Unfortunately, they’re running behind schedule. When I called they didn’t allow in person renewal because of Covid. They have a 90 day extension if you are expired.
  • Mr. Shotgun likes this

#50 Mr. Shotgun

Mr. Shotgun

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • Others:
  • 2150 posts
  • LocationQueens, NYC

Posted October 28 2020 - 08:47 AM

I received my renewal CT non resident in the mail today. Unfortunately, they’re running behind schedule. When I called they didn’t allow in person renewal because of Covid. They have a 90 day extension if you are expired.

Wow, that's good to know. Too bad they cannot make any special accomodation to renew in person even if its by appointment.

The good thing with in person renewal with CT is that they print and hand you the new CCW card on the spot.

Edited by Mr. Shotgun, October 28 2020 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users