Anyone know why NC Range closed? - Page 9 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone know why NC Range closed?

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#161 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 157 posts

Posted March 14 2020 - 10:43 AM

It and every other county recreational facility and museum is closed indefinitely due to COVID.

Based on what I read in the paper, only the indoor recreational facilities will be closing due to Covid-19. Curran is encouraging residents to use the outdoor facilities while maintaining social distancing.

I periodically walk on the boardwalk at Jones Beach. It is so unbelievably crowded lately that its impossible to remain distanced from walkers & cyclists. Wantagh Park was much LESS crowded when I walked there yesterday.

• rlitman likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#162 Goodfella1287

Goodfella1287

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationElmont

Posted March 14 2020 - 01:04 PM

There closed due to Nassau County state of emergency for corona virus. It think it’s crazy but hey better safe then sorry

#163 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 2685 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted March 14 2020 - 02:24 PM

I guess they found something more "dangerous" than our guns

#164 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted March 14 2020 - 04:47 PM

i was supposed to go last night with my club. Got a text in the middle of the day that it was cancelled. I figured crap, OK. I’ll call and see if it’s the range that’s closed or the club just cancelled. Range was closed and I spoke to someone and I was told that it was closed UNTIL today.

I don’t think the Recorded message gets changed. I’m with the other guy, talk to someone.

They also changed that they are NO LONGER OPEN 363 days. They are closed on All Holidays.

Of course there is no explanation on what holidays. Are they closed on Good Friday? How about flag day?

What would you expect for your super low tax dollars? LOL

#165 blue steel

blue steel

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 3753 posts

Posted March 14 2020 - 05:06 PM

Shooters are a freakin annoyance to the elite in charge. Doesn't matter what party. They do the same crap with the county archery range in Cedar Creek. Improve the services ? No effing way. Just get out of the county. Leave the island. Move out of New York State. Do it or we will keep effing with you ! They hate our guts.

#166 dr. glock

dr. glock

Respected Gunowner

• 121 posts

Posted March 15 2020 - 03:12 PM

I would imagine Calverton will stay open but will be crowded. Anyone know if South Shore Sportsman or DSI will be closed as well? 

Shooters are a freakin annoyance to the elite in charge. Doesn't matter what party. They do the same crap with the county archery range in Cedar Creek. Improve the services ? No effing way. Just get out of the county. Leave the island. Move out of New York State. Do it or we will keep effing with you ! They hate our guts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users