Anyone know why NC Range closed? - Page 3 - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone know why NC Range closed?

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#41 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2476 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted April 01 2019 - 08:31 PM

She will get plenty of grief if she shuts it down. Many of these agencies are Federal and local that use the range. She can't shut it down unless it's a public safety issue.
The county for years during the summer did shut down for maintenance. She's more concerned about the pot issue

I dont care about the agencies that use it. I care about us, the tax paying gun owners who use it. We get screwed enough in this county. Closing the range would be, simply put, UNACCEPTABLE!
  • Parashooter and gcloss like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#42 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 01 2019 - 09:47 PM

Is the range re-opened?

#43 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2476 posts

Posted April 02 2019 - 08:09 AM

I called last night. Recording states they will open April 3rd. Hoping thats the case.

#44 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 02 2019 - 10:01 AM

The idea that silence will protect us from these Libs is the same ignorance that allowed Hitler to take the Jews one family at a time. Each that were not taken felt relief. Until they were taken that is. "  Never Again" rings true  in more ways than one. We can't be silent and figure it will be ok. We need to let them know how many of us are willing to stand up. Why the NRA hasn't organized a march on Albany is baffling???? Maybe its time to come out of the closet????????????

The NRA did organize a march on Albany after the unSAFE Act was passed.  About 10,000 people, including many of us here were there.

The Nassau range situation is a bit difference.  If the range is closed for about a week for unexpected repairs to the ventilation system, you could argue it is better to just wait it out, rather than put the county gun range on the radar of the gun grabbing Democrat County Executive.  While I doubt it will actually get her to try to shut down the range, I also doubt it will get the repairs done any quicker.  

• only7rounds likes this

#45 -vanguard-

-vanguard-

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 147 posts

Posted April 02 2019 - 03:48 PM

Why are people still talking about the democrats closing the range down? lol

Its closed for repairs, stop the drama...

• grifhunter and TJ Ironhorse like this

#46 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted April 02 2019 - 07:40 PM

The NRA did organize a march on Albany after the unSAFE Act was passed.  About 10,000 people, including many of us here were there.

The Nassau range situation is a bit difference.  If the range is closed for about a week for unexpected repairs to the ventilation system, you could argue it is better to just wait it out, rather than put the county gun range on the radar of the gun grabbing Democrat County Executive.  While I doubt it will actually get her to try to shut down the range, I also doubt it will get the repairs done any quicker.  

Agreed a short closure for repairs or anything equally reasonable is fine. But for some clown to tell me I can't ask why is unacceptable. My 25k tax bill warrants an answer to any reasonable question....

• Parashooter likes this

#47 Simong

Simong

Respected Gunowner

• 175 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 02 2019 - 09:40 PM

Was there today, still close. No info posted why range is close.

#48 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted April 03 2019 - 09:07 AM

I dont care about the agencies that use it. I care about us, the tax paying gun owners who use it. We get screwed enough in this county. Closing the range would be, simply put, UNACCEPTABLE!

Exactly! - Again, it IS a PUBLIC PARK - not a private agency.... the gov't agencies that rent space are just lucky to benefit from the PUBLIC space.

If I was paying my over-inflated tax bill to nassau, I'd be hollering too.

#49 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 03 2019 - 09:55 AM

Agreed a short closure for repairs or anything equally reasonable is fine. But for some clown to tell me I can't ask why is unacceptable. My 25k tax bill warrants an answer to any reasonable question....

Maybe if you had phrased it differently.  "Why is it closed", instead of the more polite, "May I ask" the lowlife public employee would have given an answer.   

I agree with you being upset with his response.  My point is that escalating it to Curran would be unlikely to get positive results and might give her the brilliant idea of declaring the range a public health hazard, due to the the poor air quality and shutting it down.   I doubt it would happen, but that is probably more likely than her giving and damn about the closure and getting it reopened any sooner.  

• only7rounds likes this

#50 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 03 2019 - 12:21 PM

Closed until at least Monday

April 8

#51 Simong

Simong

Respected Gunowner

• 175 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted April 03 2019 - 12:40 PM

We got a member here name Ram1500 or something similar.

IIRC he is the range master at NC, I think he should know. 

• TJ Ironhorse likes this

#52 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 03 2019 - 12:47 PM

April 8

That stinks.  I wonder what is going on with the ventilation system for it to take that long.  

#53 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11235 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted April 03 2019 - 02:39 PM

We got a member here name Ram1500 or something similar.
IIRC he is the range master at NC, I think he should know.

The poor guy might get jammed up if he said something.
  • Parashooter likes this

#54 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 2476 posts

Posted April 03 2019 - 03:41 PM

April 8

WHAT? I thought they were reopening today. Oh this doesn’t sound good.
  • Camaro45th likes this

#55 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted April 03 2019 - 04:29 PM

Nope it don't. Now it's till the 8th (at least). But they took the time to make a new recorded message so I guess the phone call was good for something.

BTW when was the NRA demonstration? If I had heard about it I would have gone with my Motorhome for a few days.

#56 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 310 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted April 03 2019 - 05:03 PM

Guess will be going to Calverton this weekend. A few bucks more than NC range.

#57 drewm2006

drewm2006

Respected Gunowner

• 147 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 03 2019 - 07:16 PM

Typical Nassau County political BS. It is a government entity, bought and paid for with tax dollars, that has the nerve to then charge all its users, and refuses to give out info. Gotta love the corrupt arrogance.

MOVE...Free America is out there waiting !

Gotta love Nassau County. They beat you to death with property taxes and then charge you to use your own county parks. that are supported by your tax dollars, and to add insult to injury they make you buy a leisure pass for the privilege of paying the resident rate.

• Parashooter and Camaro45th like this

#58 drewm2006

drewm2006

Respected Gunowner

• 147 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted April 03 2019 - 07:16 PM

Typical Nassau County political BS. It is a government entity, bought and paid for with tax dollars, that has the nerve to then charge all its users, and refuses to give out info. Gotta love the corrupt arrogance.

MOVE...Free America is out there waiting !

Gotta love Nassau County. They beat you to death with property taxes and then charge you to use your own county parks, that are supported by your tax dollars, and to add insult to injury they make you buy a leisure pass for the privilege of paying the resident rate.

• thetalonguy likes this

#59 ProGodProGunProLife

ProGodProGunProLife

Gun Guru

• LIF Site Moderator

• 7041 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted April 05 2019 - 09:03 PM

Now the recording says that the range will reopen on April 22nd.

#60 TJ Ironhorse

TJ Ironhorse

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 2476 posts

Posted April 05 2019 - 09:59 PM

Now the recording says that the range will reopen on April 22nd.

This is getting stupid. WTF is going on there? The website say closed for testing. Will reopen April 8th.
Recording say will reopen April 22nd.

Edited by TJ Ironhorse, April 05 2019 - 10:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users