Thinking about a 6.5 Creedmore - Bolt Action [Rifles] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Thinking about a 6.5 Creedmore

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cgeminski

cgeminski

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationRidge, NY

Posted March 22 2019 - 08:02 PM

I am looking into a 6.5 Creedmore rifle.  Must be wood, but will use for hunting.  Not looking at high end custom guns, just a good 1 MOA shooter.  Would love to see pics of yours, the model you have and your experience with the caliber for hunting.  Thanks!

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 sfm721

sfm721

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted March 14 2020 - 10:12 PM

I am looking into a 6.5 Creedmore rifle. Must be wood, but will use for hunting. Not looking at high end custom guns, just a good 1 MOA shooter. Would love to see pics of yours, the model you have and your experience with the caliber for hunting. Thanks!

I can understand wanting a wood frame. Lack of flex, and personal choice, I’m sure. I have a Ruger American Predator, 6.5 CM. Came with the green synthetic stock, which shot MOA. I dropped the action into a MDT LSS Gen 2 chassis, because I wanted the most I could get out of it for as far as it would shoot. And it did not let me down. Sub half MOA now at 200yds.
My point is. I knew it was a moa shooter from my first day out and if I were a hunter, I’d have left it at that, because it was good enough. So, you’re hunting at less than 300 yds, I’d recommend taking a look.
-affordable
-adjustable trigger
-accurate
-lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24560 posts

Posted March 15 2020 - 11:42 AM

Funny how the 6.5- .284 win was around for so long....and now....

• woodro77 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users