crow hunting - Hunting - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

crow hunting

crow hunting on long island

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mrrhino

mrrhino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 26 2019 - 01:24 PM

I would like to take my 12 year old grandson crow hunting. It has been decades since I went crow hunting on long island. I have been out to Brookhaven bow hunting for deer with him. Does anyone know of a good spot to take him and is willing to share it with me. Thanks 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 10996 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted February 26 2019 - 03:11 PM

I would like to take my 12 year old grandson crow hunting. It has been decades since I went crow hunting on long island. I have been out to Brookhaven bow hunting for deer with him. Does anyone know of a good spot to take him and is willing to share it with me. Thanks

A valid Small game Hunting license is required. Ridge DEC check station area off of 25.

#3 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• 107 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted February 26 2019 - 05:41 PM

I would think anywhere off whiskey rd would be good

#4 mason852

mason852

Still a David Crockett kid

• Topic Starter
  • Club LIF Member
  • 2555 posts
  • Locationridge

Posted February 26 2019 - 07:32 PM

Why ! unless you are gonna eat them better you got a small game license and take him rabbit hunting by the way I live just off Whiskey Road lotsa crows but can't think of one who has done me wrong IMHO of course

#5 mrrhino

mrrhino

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 27 2019 - 11:10 AM

Mason852 he has both small game and big game licenses. I guess you aren’t a hunter. Rabbits and all other small game seasons close Feb 28th. Crows are open until March 31st. Just thought it would be fun to do some wing shooting with him and yes I would eat them.

#6 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6151 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 27 2019 - 01:12 PM

Mason852 he has both small game and big game licenses. I guess you aren’t a hunter. Rabbits and all other small game seasons close Feb 28th. Crows are open until March 31st. Just thought it would be fun to do some wing shooting with him and yes I would eat them.

Hi:

Welcome to the forum. I've never eaten crow meat, don't know anyone who has and am curious as to its taste. I would not have thought them edible, until your comment, since I've always regarded them as scavengers.

Gary

#7 leftjammer

leftjammer

Gun Guru

• 2643 posts
  • LocationNew Hyde Park

Posted February 27 2019 - 01:32 PM

:fie  :fie  :fie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users