Ammo prices and local gun shops - Page 2 - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ammo prices and local gun shops

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 NRATC53

NRATC53

Now an Ex NYer

• Donated Member
  • 24742 posts

Posted April 12 2019 - 08:52 AM

Since I'm no longer on LI on a regular basis, let me throw this out there. The LGS by me range from luxury outfits, complete with pretty girls, hand fitting of shotguns etc. to a place that is basically an indoor range that sells some guns, ammo and accessories, to general stores that also sell bait, tackle, and some ammo etc.Of course, we also have big box such as Walmart, BassPro,and "Private Parts"  Prices vary, and while Big box is generally cheaper, they aren't always, and the service level you get is usually commensurate with the type of place you're in. I have bought very little ammo down here, as I moved several tons of it when I left NY, but try to buy local if I can, even if it is a small purchase. I get the many online deals in my email, and some are quite wild, such as 420 rds 5.56 with 10 Promag 30 rds for 200 with free shipping, stuff like that. Brick and mortar stores in NY have tremendous overhead with the many extra costs associated with NY. The prices at LGS here are lower overall than up there because of the difference in the cost of business. Do your best to shop local, or don't bitch when there are few or no locals left

Edited by NRATC53, April 12 2019 - 08:53 AM.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 VolkoSupply

VolkoSupply

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 3032 posts

Posted April 12 2019 - 10:31 AM

We sell 1,000 rounds of 9mm for $175.00

Brass, Magtech or S&B.