Ammo prices and local gun shops - Gun Stores & Gunsmiths - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Ammo prices and local gun shops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted February 25 2019 - 08:33 PM

I like to support local business but I have noticed that there is a significant difference in the price of ammo between the local shops and either on line or out of state stores such as Cabela’s.

I was in Pennsylvania recently and noticed that either 124 or 115 grain brass FMJ brand name 9mm was going for anywhere between 16 and 20 cent a round . The same ammo was between 25 and 30 cent a round here in LI.

It doesn’t seem like a lot but that is $50 to $100 for every 1000 rounds and there are some of us that might use 1-2000 rounds per month if participating in competition.

It would be great if the local gun shops advertised some ammo specials or offered some discounts for bulk purchases. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users