Nassau County Range - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Nassau County Range

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 tom2009

tom2009

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted January 20 2019 - 08:34 PM

I went there for the first time I like the setup with the different rooms the ventilation was good I wish there was good indoor range in Suffolk

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 20 2019 - 09:28 PM

I finally got to shoot over at DSI, glad I had the opportunity to do so. What a difference from Mitchell field. But I did have 1 issue (and not the obvious short distance complaint). I was shooting pistols only and was next to a guy with an AR. The pressure that was coming off his gun was so intense I had to stop shooting and step out of the booth until he finished his magazine. Granted, he was leaning down on the bench and really leaning forward. It was just insane how much pressure was coming off it. It wasn’t enjoyable. But I made the best of it. Even my buddy next to me in the next point felt it and he told me to step into his booth which was a fraction of what I was getting directly next to him. He jumped in my spot and even he was surprised at how much you were feeling. I guess the glass dividers should have went further into the range to keep from that happening.

All in all tho it’s such a nice place to shoot at. If I lived closer Maybe id go there more often. Even if it was just for pistols.
  • Ricekila likes this

#3 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted January 20 2019 - 09:50 PM

I went there for the first time I like the setup with the different rooms the ventilation was good I wish there was good indoor range in Suffolk

Suffolf has a nice indoor range @ 130 Freeman Avenue, Islip. Owned by Southshore Sportsman. Newly renovated.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
  • kardoc, Punisher1336, only7rounds and 1 other like this

#4 Ricekila

Ricekila

Banned

• Banned
  • Others: Established Member
  • 1906 posts
  • LocationSwindlehurst

Posted January 20 2019 - 10:55 PM

I finally got to shoot over at DSI, glad I had the opportunity to do so. What a difference from Mitchell field. But I did have 1 issue (and not the obvious short distance complaint). I was shooting pistols only and was next to a guy with an AR. The pressure that was coming off his gun was so intense I had to stop shooting and step out of the booth until he finished his magazine. Granted, he was leaning down on the bench and really leaning forward. It was just insane how much pressure was coming off it. It wasn’t enjoyable. But I made the best of it. Even my buddy next to me in the next point felt it and he told me to step into his booth which was a fraction of what I was getting directly next to him. He jumped in my spot and even he was surprised at how much you were feeling. I guess the glass dividers should have went further into the range to keep from that happening.

All in all tho it’s such a nice place to shoot at. If I lived closer Maybe id go there more often. Even if it was just for pistols.

Let me know the next time your there - I'll show up with my Wifey's Moist Nugget with the brake on it -- you want pressure -- you'll think A/R's are .22's  after 5 rounds ---- W/ 2' flames -- LOL

1-Sept-1_zpssykma8f5.jpg

• CaptainMitchell, ProGodProGunProLife and rlitman like this

#5 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 20 2019 - 11:56 PM

Suffolf has a nice indoor range @ 130 Freeman Avenue, Islip. Owned by Southshore Sportsman. Newly renovated.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I was there opening day. Or is it re-opening day? Idk either way I shot there as well. Only thing I didn’t like about that place was that while the points were.....let say “cozy,” I didn’t like the bench. Not a lot of room to put anything. If they change those hard plastic tops to something that is just flat it would make a world of a difference.
  • Dee_G likes this

#6 pequa1

pequa1

Gun Guru

• 4922 posts
  • Locationisn't it obvious ?

Posted January 21 2019 - 09:31 AM

for a bunch of guys that can spell Copiague, Hauppauge, Massapequa, Shinnecock, Montauk, Quoque, Wantagh, etc., what is so difficult about spelling the name of the former Army Air Force Base which was named for a former mayor of NYC who was killed during pilot training LOL ??!! (No, its NOT named after Billy Mitchell who unknowingly helped the **** )  M I T C H E L

So, I can type sneaky Japanese ??

• only7rounds likes this

#7 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 21 2019 - 09:43 AM

I would get the guy in the point next to me at MF step away from the muzzle blast from my S&W model 19 2.5 inch Revolver when using 125 grain Remington .357 Magnum. It's good training if you do decide to shoot indoors and outdoors use good hearing protection to learn how to deal with muzzle blast.

#8 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 21 2019 - 03:23 PM

for a bunch of guys that can spell Copiague, Hauppauge, Massapequa, Shinnecock, Montauk, Quoque, Wantagh, etc., what is so difficult about spelling the name of the former Army Air Force Base which was named for a former mayor of NYC who was killed during pilot training LOL ??!! (No, its NOT named after Billy Mitchell who unknowingly helped the **** ) M I T C H E L

To be honest, i get auto correct for 2 Ls. But once I spelt it with 1 L, it looked wrong.

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11242 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 21 2019 - 03:31 PM

To be honest, i get auto correct for 2 Ls. But once I spelt it with 1 L, it looked wrong.

*spelt.... Always gets the report kicked back.

#10 Charlie-NY

Charlie-NY

Respected Gunowner

• 157 posts

Posted January 21 2019 - 05:48 PM

It was the middle of the winter and I was working up loads for my new 460 Wby mag rifle. I specifically asked if it was "OK" to shoot the 460 WBY mag at the Nassau range. I was assured that it was permissible. I waited until I was the only shooter in the room and sent a few 500 grainers down range. As each round was ignited, the florescent lights went out and the auto starters had to relight them. When the light returned you could see dust and dirt drifting down from the ceiling.

Permissible or not, there are just some firearms that should be relegated to the outdoors. :meeting

• baxtersmith, ProGodProGunProLife and Camaro45th like this

#11 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted January 22 2019 - 04:59 PM

You are a curious shooter. I would be happy to be in the point next to you as long as u leave the Howitzer at home. LOL Its bad enough when the neighbor is shootin an AR.

#12 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 22 2019 - 05:32 PM

for a bunch of guys that can spell Copiague, Hauppauge, Massapequa, Shinnecock, Montauk, Quoque, Wantagh, etc., what is so difficult about spelling the name of the former Army Air Force Base which was named for a former mayor of NYC who was killed during pilot training LOL ??!! (No, its NOT named after Billy Mitchell who unknowingly helped the **** )  M I T C H E L

You are one of the very few (besides me) who knows that. Did you also ready Jimmy Doolittles autobiography?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users