Which gun clubs use Mitchell Field, and when do they meet? - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Which gun clubs use Mitchell Field, and when do they meet?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted December 24 2018 - 12:29 AM

Curious to know about different local gun clubs/ ranges. New to shooting and have interest in joining a club or just a simple range. Which clubs are attainable?  All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 24 2018 - 08:38 AM

Curious to know about different local gun clubs/ ranges. New to shooting and have interest in joining a club or just a simple range. Which clubs are attainable? All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

there are quite a few that go to MF. I would suggest popping into a gun store and asking about joining the club. Mention that your a new shooter and see what they say. Try hunter sports, T and T, or south shore sportsman’s. If you purchase a firearm from one of these guys, they will probably tell you to come down to the range for free lesson.
  • Patty O likes this

#3 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 24 2018 - 08:58 AM

Curious to know about different local gun clubs/ ranges. New to shooting and have interest in joining a club or just a simple range. Which clubs are attainable?  All opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

If you have a valid pistol license and want a 24 hour range. If you live in Nassau County Freeport, Roslyn and Clearmeadow are private 24 hour ranges. I hear Roslyn has an outdoor range out east by Calverton. Mitchell Field has many clubs. I know South Shore Sportsman is running a nice indoor range in Islip.
I know Marty the owner of T&T Gunnery in Seaford has a bi-monthly meet on Tuesday night. He's a funny guy and will definitely be a big help if you're new to shooting.
I believe more forum members will chime in about other clubs.
  • Patty O likes this

#4 MikeM

MikeM

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: Donated Member

• 1647 posts
  • LocationEast Northport

Posted December 24 2018 - 10:55 AM

Long island gun club, first Wednesday of every month
  • grifhunter, CaptainMitchell and Patty O like this

#5 Prtforums

Prtforums

Respected Gunowner

• 252 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 24 2018 - 04:52 PM

Look on the bulletin board at Mitchell Field. There are a few clubs with posted signs.

If you want to try Bullseye, the Eat Meadow Gun Club is a good group of guys. They have a room scheduled for every 1st and 3rd Wednesday 7-9 pm Sept to May. No prior experience needed. 22 cal pistol only.

To just show up and share shooting lanes the Grumman Gun club meets 3 times per month.

PM me if you want more info.
  • Patty O likes this

#6 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted December 25 2018 - 12:25 PM

We are looking for a Male and Female friendly club. Went to the open day at Freeport and it seems to be all men. I guess what we are looking for is something like a bowling league with handguns. Ok, no beer :( but that type atmosphere. IMHO Fport is a lil pricey to start up for two. It's a nice range and includes the outdoor range. Seemed to have limited indoor positions though. Guess we're looking for something that don't exist. Shame, because the family involvement would remove some folks reservations about shooting sports. Going forward,  this would elevate peoples opinion of guns and help all of us. 

• grifhunter likes this

#7 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted December 25 2018 - 01:00 PM

We are looking for a Male and Female friendly club. Went to the open day at Freeport and it seems to be all men. I guess what we are looking for is something like a bowling league with handguns. Ok, no beer :( but that type atmosphere. IMHO Fport is a lil pricey to start up for two. It's a nice range and includes the outdoor range. Seemed to have limited indoor positions though. Guess we're looking for something that don't exist. Shame, because the family involvement would remove some folks reservations about shooting sports. Going forward,  this would elevate peoples opinion of guns and help all of us. 

Grumman's Club website claims a "family-oriented environment". Might be worth looking into. Please let me know if you come across any clubs other clubs. 

Merry Christmas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users