Clear Meadow / Levittown - Nassau County [Ranges] - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Clear Meadow / Levittown

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted December 23 2018 - 02:06 AM

Anybody know about this place firsthand? Any information I've seen is a little dated ... I would like to hear/ see anything about that range.Has anybody been there recently? I'm right there and would seriously  consider it based on my work hours if it's not too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Patrick 

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 23 2018 - 06:21 AM

Anybody know about this place firsthand? Any information I've seen is a little dated ... I would like to hear/ see anything about that range.Has anybody been there recently? I'm right there and would seriously consider it based on my work hours if it's not too expensive.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Patrick

I was never there but someone I know told me it’s not much different that Mitchell field. Let me know what you think if you decide to check it out

#3 wrench

wrench

Respected Gunowner

• Donated Member
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted December 23 2018 - 06:45 AM

Been a member for a long time, shoot there regularly, only drawback no rest room.

• baxtersmith likes this

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 23 2018 - 07:18 AM

I was never there but someone I know told me it’s not much different that Mitchell field. Let me know what you think if you decide to check it out

Mitchell Field? Not even close, it's in the basement by the Post Office. It was Edelman's range, people who went through the pistol license service had a year membership. I was there back in 2000. A retired cop was working there, checking pistol licenses. They did have a problem with people going late at night shooting appliances and such. To compare it to Mitchell Field.... definitely not!
  • VolkoSupply likes this

#5 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 23 2018 - 07:48 AM

Mitchell Field? Not even close, it's in the basement by the Post Office. It was Edelman's range, people who went through the pistol license service had a year membership. I was there back in 2000. A retired cop was working there, checking pistol licenses. They did have a problem with people going late at night shooting appliances and such. To compare it to Mitchell Field.... definitely not!

so better or worse?

#6 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 23 2018 - 09:29 AM

so better or worse?

Mitchell Field is 100 times better. Sorry, you were misinformed.

#7 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 23 2018 - 09:37 AM

Mitchell Field is 100 times better. Sorry, you were misinformed.

ok so still not worth checking out. Wasn’t really misinformed.

#8 wrench

wrench

Respected Gunowner

• Topic Starter
  • Donated Member
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNorth Massapequa

Posted December 23 2018 - 11:06 AM

Worth checking out.

#9 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted December 23 2018 - 11:14 AM

Will let you know. Probably won't make it there until after the holidays...

#10 only7rounds

only7rounds

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 0 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 23 2018 - 12:17 PM

Actually, is the old Colonial Range. Predates Edelmans by about 30 years.

#11 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 23 2018 - 02:44 PM

ok so still not worth checking out. Wasn’t really misinformed.

Have you ever visited Mitchell Field? If you have, you can't compare Mitchell Field range to Clearmeadow.
Mitchell Field has proper ventilation with the ability to shoot high powered rifles at 27 yards.
Clearmeadow may be a good range for you to join. You be the judge.

#12 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 23 2018 - 04:12 PM

Have you ever visited Mitchell Field? If you have, you can't compare Mitchell Field range to Clearmeadow.
Mitchell Field has proper ventilation with the ability to shoot high powered rifles at 27 yards.
Clearmeadow may be a good range for you to join. You be the judge.

You just said yourself that Mitchell field is 100 times better than this place. Why would I bother checking it out if mitchell field is so much better?

Mitchell field is good for what it is, but definitely needs updating.

#13 Roufus

Roufus

Respected Gunowner

• 221 posts
  • LocationNassau Cty.

Posted December 23 2018 - 05:39 PM

Yes M F needs updating but is a very nice clean facility. The bride and I go there twice a month. As seniors with leisure pass it costs us $4.00 each for an hour + $1.00 for 5 tatgets. Double on Sat and Sun.. One of the R O's takes himself far too seriously IMHO but most staff are polite and curious. 

• boosti likes this

#14 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 23 2018 - 06:32 PM

You just said yourself that Mitchell field is 100 times better than this place. Why would I bother checking it out if mitchell field is so much better?
Mitchell field is good for what it is, but definitely needs updating.

You may like Clearmeadow since you experienced Mitchell Field. You be the judge. That's All.

#15 wwolf

wwolf

Sharp Shooter!

• 316 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted January 10 2019 - 09:38 PM

I don't have a single bad experience with M F, every staff I met were polite and it is never busy (at least during the hours I go). The only problem is that it only goes up to about 30 yards as i mainly shooting rifles. 

#16 dr. glock

dr. glock

Respected Gunowner

• 121 posts

Posted January 18 2019 - 01:30 AM

I don't have a single bad experience with M F, every staff I met were polite and it is never busy (at least during the hours I go). The only problem is that it only goes up to about 30 yards as i mainly shooting rifles. 

I agree...MF also needs a serious renovation and some actual ventilation and sound insulation would be nice, but at least it's the longest indoor range on the island (all others are 15 yards or so) and its local to a lot of people vs. Calverton. 

• Camaro45th likes this

#17 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted January 18 2019 - 06:30 AM

I agree...MF also needs a serious renovation and some actual ventilation and sound insulation would be nice, but at least it's the longest indoor range on the island (all others are 15 yards or so) and its local to a lot of people vs. Calverton.

I live close to MF, so I can’t say too much bad about it. But I do wish it would be upgraded.

You look at a stage of the art range like DSI and wonder wtf.

Granted, a couple of the other ranges I’ve been to have been similar minus the electronic target retrieval systems.

#18 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11246 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted January 18 2019 - 06:46 AM

I live close to MF, so I can’t say too much bad about it. But I do wish it would be upgraded.
You look at a stage of the art range like DSI and wonder wtf.
Granted, a couple of the other ranges I’ve been to have been similar minus the electronic target retrieval systems.

There is another State of the Art range that is private called F6.

#19 Parashooter

Parashooter

Gun Guru

• 11553 posts

Posted January 18 2019 - 12:22 PM

Clearmeadow -at least when it was Edelman's used to be a "key club" you had your own key and could go there 24/7....

I've heard of a couple robberies happening there, and some other full-retard stuff and they put an RO in place, but still had later hours (11pm is my recollection... no idea about now.)

Last time there, an idiot brought his GF to shoot his handguns.... which she promptly pointed at me - which did not go over well.  (Pre-RO)

• Ricekila likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users