Anyone know where to legally buy pepper spray on LI? - Page 2 - All Other - Open Discussions - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Anyone know where to legally buy pepper spray on LI?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted December 10 2018 - 09:06 PM

that was the plan, but now he doesn’t want to carry it. You can lead a camel to water...

I guess the punch in the face wasn't hard enough.

• Camaro45th likes this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#22 2edgesword

2edgesword

Gun Guru

• Donated Member
  • 7057 posts

Posted December 10 2018 - 09:12 PM

Many attacks are avoided by simply walking away. The OC isn't a guarantee to stop an attack. It's definitely going require a little training to develop a skill to use it.
If you do use OC, learn to run quick.

Yes, when possible it's always best to avoid a confrontation. On the flip side knowing when the "trigger" point has been reached and deploying whatever means of self-defense you have available to you at a point where it can be effective is also a key element in surviving a situation. Sometimes being preemptive is really the only avenue to surviving a situation. If you wait for the physical attack to occur you may very well find yourself behind the eight ball with no possibility of avoiding being crushed.

This is something that is lost on many. The idea that you never strike first is a recipe for getting crushed if you're confronting a serious attacker.

#23 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • Established Member + Classifieds
  • 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted December 10 2018 - 10:07 PM

NEW YORKLegal with restrictions. - The possession of "self-defense sprays" by persons who are not felons or who have been convicted of an assault, 18 or over for the protection of person or property and its otherwise lawful use is legal. "Self-defense spray" is defined as "a pocket-sized spray device which contains and releases a chemical or organic substance which is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air or any like device containing tear gas, pepper spray or similar disabling agent".
There are certain labeling requirements. Sales require both a seller's license and the completion by a purchaser of a registration form. New York residents may only purchase defense sprays from licensed Firearms Dealers or licensed Pharmacists in that state. No more than two sprays may be sold at any one time to a single purchaser. Section 265.25 (14) and (15).  

• Camaro45th likes this

#24 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 11 2018 - 05:35 AM

NEW YORK: Legal with restrictions. - The possession of "self-defense sprays" by persons who are not felons or who have been convicted of an assault, 18 or over for the protection of person or property and its otherwise lawful use is legal. "Self-defense spray" is defined as "a pocket-sized spray device which contains and releases a chemical or organic substance which is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air or any like device containing tear gas, pepper spray or similar disabling agent".
There are certain labeling requirements. Sales require both a seller's license and the completion by a purchaser of a registration form. New York residents may only purchase defense sprays from licensed Firearms Dealers or licensed Pharmacists in that state. No more than two sprays may be sold at any one time to a single purchaser. Section 265.25 (14) and (15).

Thanks for that. Now we know we can only buy 2 per person. I may still get it for him.

#25 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 11 2018 - 10:22 AM

Thanks for that. Now we know we can only buy 2 per person. I may still get it for him.

One for you and the wife. He knows how to take a punch.

#26 LarryD23

LarryD23

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 978 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted December 15 2018 - 03:38 PM

Just to make sure you are clear... 

You can only buy two at a time, but as I understand the regulation you can go back the next day and buy two more and so on and so on...

• Parashooter likes this

#27 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 15 2018 - 03:54 PM

Just to make sure you are clear...

You can only buy two at a time, but as I understand the regulation you can go back the next day and buy two more and so on and so on...

Yes thank you. I picked some up on Thursday.

#28 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:03 PM

Yes thank you. I picked some up on Thursday.

Which shop and type of OC?

#29 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:04 PM

Which shop and type of OC?

T and T has them for sale. I don’t know what OC means.

#30 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:07 PM

T and T has them for sale. I don’t know what OC means.

LOL... It's the chemical in pepper spray... oleoresin capsicum.

#31 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:09 PM

LOL... It's the chemical in pepper spray... oleoresin capsicum.

Says OC Pepper/ UV Dye.

#32 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:14 PM

Says OC Pepper/ UV Dye.

Check the expiration, and shake it before use. Cops being dicks would spray a small amount in the AC vents in the marked unit as a ribbing.

#33 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:30 PM

Check the expiration, and shake it before use. Cops being dicks would spray a small amount in the AC vents in the marked unit as a ribbing.

date is good for a few years

#34 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:40 PM

date is good for a few years

I carried the OC upside down in the leather case. It was for various reasons. My Sergeant by accident discharged OC in the face and eye during arraignment. The judge was a female. I remember responding to the court to assist. The memo was out to remind all personnel to keep the OC upside down in the leather case.

#35 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• 1746 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted December 15 2018 - 04:43 PM

I carried the OC upside down in the leather case. It was for various reasons. My Sergeant by accident discharged OC in the face and eye during arraignment. The judge was a female. I remember responding to the court to assist. The memo was out to remind all personnel to keep the OC upside down in the leather case.

good tip. The one I purchased has a spring loaded flip up cap to prevent accidental discharge. The other one I bought has a spin top

#36 Lou G

Lou G

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 936 posts
  • LocationSuffolk

Posted December 15 2018 - 06:11 PM

Picked up 2 at DSI. You have to fill out a form from the state with a copy of your driver's license and SS number

#37 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 10988 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted December 20 2018 - 08:35 AM

Yes, when possible it's always best to avoid a confrontation. On the flip side knowing when the "trigger" point has been reached and deploying whatever means of self-defense you have available to you at a point where it can be effective is also a key element in surviving a situation. Sometimes being preemptive is really the only avenue to surviving a situation. If you wait for the physical attack to occur you may very well find yourself behind the eight ball with no possibility of avoiding being crushed.

This is something that is lost on many. The idea that you never strike first is a recipe for getting crushed if you're confronting a serious attacker.

The Pepper Spray wasn't effective, The Taser dropped him!
  • Camaro45th likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users