Long Island Shooters Forum banner

Safe Trigger?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Parashooter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I know Glock has been the standard in Safe Action triggers since their inception, and now others have followed suit. Did you know that this wasn't a new idea at all? I was reminded of this when I was cleaning a few old revolvers. This is an Iver Johnson Pocket Revolver from the 20's, if I remember correctly

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I never got the "safety" of these trigger 'interlocks' - they only thing they require is SOMETHING in the trigger guard.... a Finger, a Twig, a Jacket toggle (too many times), a folded holster corner, etc.

If something is there to activate the trigger - it will also DE-activate the "safety"....

Reactions: Ricekila
#3 ·
I never got the "safety" of these trigger 'interlocks' - they only thing they require is SOMETHING in the trigger guard.... a Finger, a Twig, a Jacket toggle (too many times), a folded holster corner, etc.

If something is there to activate the trigger - it will also DE-activate the "safety"....
True, IF whatever presses on the trigger does so in the center of the trigger. I've seen instances where a worn holster rubs against the side or edge of a trigger with enough force to fire the handgun. barrel toggles are a real problem, as they apply exactly the type of pressure to defeat this, as SCPD found out. Better than nothing, but the best safety is still between your ears. My LC9s Pro is similar as it has no safety save a trigger "shoe" and will fire with no magazine, which is just the way I wanted it

#4 ·
True, IF whatever presses on the trigger does so in the center of the trigger. I've seen instances where a worn holster rubs against the side or edge of a trigger with enough force to fire the handgun. barrel toggles are a real problem, as they apply exactly the type of pressure to defeat this, as SCPD found out. Better than nothing, but the best safety is still between your ears. My LC9s Pro is similar as it has no safety save a trigger "shoe" and will fire with no magazine, which is just the way I wanted it
Yep. And you've heard me say for years, that striker-fired is NOT a good way to go for PD.... Double-Action gives the forgiveness needed to deal with those type of 'oopsies'...

Then you've got the brilliance of S&W - with their hinged trigger - tosses the need for that force being in the center of the trigger face.

Reactions: Ricekila
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.