Break ‘Em For Breast Cancer 4th Annual Sporting Clays Shoot - L.I. Community Service - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

Break ‘Em For Breast Cancer 4th Annual Sporting Clays Shoot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CommonSense

CommonSense

Gun Guru

• Club LIF Member
  • 3774 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore Nassau

Posted September 08 2018 - 08:28 AM

Sunday 9/16 Check in *8AM  Shootinh 8:30AM

Attached Thumbnails

• traps.jpg

• trapshooterbob and Peconic Paladin like this

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 227 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted September 08 2018 - 09:39 AM

This is an excellent event.

#3 thetalonguy

thetalonguy

Sharp Shooter!

• 358 posts
  • LocationNassau County

Posted September 08 2018 - 10:15 AM

That sounds awesome! Depending on the weekend weather, I may have a car show that I have to attend, but if I don’t, then I may be a walk in.

#4 Computer Chris

Computer Chris

Respected Gunowner

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Club LIF Member

• 205 posts
  • LocationOld Bethpage

Posted September 08 2018 - 10:43 AM

I have a dumb question, sorry.  Since this is not a competitive event and it looks to be for a good cause for fun, can I attend this event if I own a pump action Mossberg 590A1, I don't own different chokes, etc...  I've always wanted to shoot clay but since I don't have whats necessary to be competitive I never bothered but curious if I could try it out at this event.  Thanks for any info / advice.

#5 LI Ammo

LI Ammo

Gun Guru

• Forum Sponsor
  • Others: Established Member, Club LIF Member

• 1020 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted September 08 2018 - 11:52 AM

Not a dumb question.

It wouldn't really be much fun for you to use that particular firearm. You'll have a cylinder bore barrel, meaning a very wide spread pattern and it would be quite a handicap hit clays at most of the sporting clay distances.

Kind of like picking apples wearing ski mittens.

With that said, I shot trap next to a guy with a Benelli shotgun equipped exactly the same way, pistol grip, front and rear sights, cylinder bore, etc., and he hit his first three clays. Of course he was a Marine, so they might have just broken apart from fear.

In any case, call the Club and ask them if they will allow that firearm on the course. They might not allow cylinder bore guns because of the spread. 

If you can borrow a shotgun with any choke of modified through improved, you'd be better off.

• Computer Chris likes this

#6 Phoenix69

Phoenix69

Gun Guru

• 25225 posts
  • LocationA little place I like to call "you"ll see".

Posted September 08 2018 - 12:17 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

#7 Range Time

Range Time

Respected Gunowner

• 227 posts
  • LocationWestern Suffolk

Posted September 09 2018 - 08:59 PM

Not a dumb question.

It wouldn't really be much fun for you to use that particular firearm. You'll have a cylinder bore barrel, meaning a very wide spread pattern and it would be quite a handicap hit clays at most of the sporting clay distances.
Kind of like picking apples wearing ski mittens.

With that said, I shot trap next to a guy with a Benelli shotgun equipped exactly the same way, pistol grip, front and rear sights, cylinder bore, etc., and he hit his first three clays. Of course he was a Marine, so they might have just broken apart from fear.

In any case, call the Club and ask them if they will allow that firearm on the course. They might not allow cylinder bore guns because of the spread. 
If you can borrow a shotgun with any choke of modified through improved, you'd be better off.

I'll be at the event at 10:00. I can loan you a single shot with a fixed choke.
  • Peconic Paladin and like this

#8 Waldo189

Waldo189

Sharp Shooter!

• Club LIF Member
  • 471 posts
  • LocationSuffolk County

Posted August 20 2019 - 09:31 AM

September 15th; The 5th annual Break 'Em For Breast Cancer charity Sporting Clays shoot will be held at the Peconic River Sportsman's Club. This is a great event. 100% of all profit is donated annually to local Breast Cancer support groups here on Long Island. 

Go to:  Peconicriver.com and click on the "take a shot at cancer" logo in the lower left corner of the start page. Great time, great shooting, great food and a GREAT CAUSE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users