How to become a Donated/club Member and classified viewing. - How to become a Donated / Club Member - Long Island Firearms

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, Long Island's premier source for news and education!

Welcome to Long Island Firearms, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of Long Island Firearms by signing in or creating an account. You also have the ability to login with your facebook or twitter account. See the icons in the upper right hand corner.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Get the latest facts on the new NY SAFE gun laws that effect you!

Photo

How to become a Donated/club Member and classified viewing.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• Established Member + Classifieds
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted August 18 2018 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure this is been discussed in previous posts so I apologize in advance. I just wanted to get an idea of what the difference is between a donated and a club member. And also how do you go about becoming a donated / Club member and do I have to have 100 posts before I'm able to see the classified section thank you

# Advertisement

Advertisement

Posted A minute ago

#2 Camaro45th

Camaro45th

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 1747 posts
  • LocationNassau

Posted August 18 2018 - 01:17 PM

I'm sure this is been discussed in previous posts so I apologize in advance. I just wanted to get an idea of what the difference is between a donated and a club member. And also how do you go about becoming a donated / Club member and do I have to have 100 posts before I'm able to see the classified section thank you

I believe that is no longer around, being a donated club member. And you need to have 100 posts before getting j to the classified section.
  • Lou G likes this

#3 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• 107 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted August 18 2018 - 01:59 PM

Thank you for the information

#4 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• Topic Starter
  • 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 18 2018 - 02:30 PM

I believe that is no longer around, being a donated club member. And you need to have 100 posts before getting j to the classified section.

From what the one mod said the forum is ours to use now. People have sold things without having 100 posts!

#5 jm7480

jm7480

Respected Gunowner

• 107 posts
  • LocationLI NY

Posted August 18 2018 - 02:40 PM

Thank you for your response. So it looks like I can't view certain content until I have 100 posts .

#6 SpankyTheDolphin

SpankyTheDolphin

Respected Gunowner

• 101 posts
  • Location516

Posted August 18 2018 - 05:11 PM

Yeah no more donated members, gotta have 100 posts. Just contribute to the conversations and you'll be fine.

#7 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted August 18 2018 - 10:12 PM

Just curious if anybody knows why they did away with the club membership?

#8 SpankyTheDolphin

SpankyTheDolphin

Respected Gunowner

• 101 posts
  • Location516

Posted August 18 2018 - 11:42 PM

I think I read somewhere that the website was bought from the original owners and the new ones just didn't continue paid memberships, could be wrong. 

#9 boosti

boosti

Gun Guru

• 11248 posts
  • LocationStrong Island

Posted August 19 2018 - 06:21 AM

The new company is here from April 2016 and is really laid back, they haven't removed the banners that are no longer part of the original LIF that offered discounts. No special club fees. The reason for the 100 post is to keep people away that post something for sale once and disappeared after they sell the item they posted.
If you have any questions, post it. Plenty of experienced members.

#10 SpankyTheDolphin

SpankyTheDolphin

Respected Gunowner

• 101 posts
  • Location516

Posted August 19 2018 - 09:44 AM

The new company is here from April 2016 and is really laid back, they haven't removed the banners that are no longer part of the original LIF that offered discounts. No special club fees. The reason for the 100 post is to keep people away that post something for sale once and disappeared after they sell the item they posted.

Good way to keep out spam bots too. 

#11 Patty O

Patty O

Respected Gunowner

• 103 posts
  • LocationWantagh NY

Posted August 19 2018 - 10:18 AM

I've already gotten some really good advice just from reading many of the past posts~  just waiting on pistol license decision to try and apply some of it!  

#12 stalker42

stalker42

Gun Guru

• 1328 posts
  • LocationNorth Babylon, NY

Posted February 10 2020 - 10:01 PM

I've been away for a few years, but am I reading this correctly that the Architect is no longer the owner of the forum?

#13 Gary_Hungerford

Gary_Hungerford

SASI Firearms Chairman, LISAPA Training Committee

• Club LIF Member
  • Others: , , ,
  • 6264 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, all the time

Posted February 11 2020 - 07:28 AM

I've been away for a few years, but am I reading this correctly that the Architect is no longer the owner of the forum?

I tried to send you a PM but your PM box is not accepting messages. The architecht (Steve Blair) experienced a series of medical problems and, because of that, financial problems. He wound up havng to sell the forum, to a Canadian group, which now runs it.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users